Beach Club or Boardwalk Villas for 2 Adults?

AngelaVa

Mouseketeer
We are looking at renting a Villa at Beach Club or Boardwalk next September for 8 days. We are 2 older adults that love going to Epcot more then any other park. My husband will be using a ECV for he can not walk to much. We are not pool people so that is not importing for use.
What is important is the easy for him getting around the resort, in the room and for charging. How the room will be if he needs a down day from the parks, will him to be comfortable.

I am looking at David's Rentals ...has anyone here booked from them or what company do you recommended?

Thank you for taking time!

Beach Club is slightly closer to EPCOT. BWV will be less points than Beach Club Villas (if you are booking standard view).

You really need to get on their list(David's) because BCV and BWV fill up quickly in the fall.

I have stayed at both and if the pool is not important to you, then Boardwalk would be my suggestion.

You're talking about September 2022, right? BWV is larger, therefore easier to book. Budget for a pool/garden view there because the less expensive standard views book up very quickly - not impossible to get, but more difficult. BWV also has better views from the balconies - great for taking it easy! BCV doesn't have bookable view categories at different prices, but it's much smaller and books up faster. The DVC Rental Store is a DISboards sponsor, so I'd recommend them.

I would do BC. You will be right next to the EP entrance and Skyliner plus much closer to the bus area and resort QS. You can also get into the main resort for QS and TS via a covered walkway which is convenient if it’s raining.

BWV only has one set of elevators for the entire DVC side. If you've got an ECV, this is a major inconvenience. The lobby, bus stop and porte cochère are on Level 2. The boardwalk, boats and pathways to HS and Epcot are on Level 1.

I agree that BWV's views are better and your chances of actually renting there in the fall of 2022 are better at BWV than BCV. Studio sizes are the same and the floor plans are identical. It's the elevator thing that makes having an ECV at BWV a big negative.

Go with BCV.

As for rental brokers, I'm not a fan of them in general but David's really handled the pandemic shutdown poorly. On the other hand, DVC Rental Store treated their renters and owners fairly. If you're going to use a middleman instead of dealing directly with an owner, I think you're better off with DVC Rental Store.

I would go with Beach Club as well - better elevator situation, shorter hallways and close covered route to get snacks, drinks, etc….

I stayed at BWV in September 2019 and rented from David’s. I selected it based on it being a solo trip, thought it would draw more adult/ older kids clientele. Great experience. Booked again for following year through David’s. i canceled due to pandemic. David’s handled that well, offering my reservation via dedicated reservations, allowing me to pick the price. Great experience with BWV and David’s.

I stayed at BWV in September 2019 and rented from David’s. I selected it based on it being a solo trip, thought it would draw more adult/ older kids clientele. Great experience. Booked again for following year through David’s. i canceled due to pandemic. David’s handled that well, offering my reservation via dedicated reservations, allowing me to pick the price. Great experience with BWV and David’s.
[/QU
Be aware that while exceptions were made on rental cancellations during the pandemic, David's usual policy does not allow for cancellations. They are a reputable company and generally easy to work with, but know the current guidelines before you book.

I too was able to get a credit from David's when I couldn't take my trip in Oct 2020. I had also had a private DVC rental for another time during covid, and was unable to get any money back on that. I just rebooked through David's for next May using my credit. Big fan of BW for adult trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter