• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Club lobby traffic

DVC Grandpa

DVC Member
I have a question for those of us who own BCV and who have stayed there recently, does the lobby of the Beach Club remind you of a bus station, especially early in the morning? You have suitcases all over the place, parents trying to corral the kids and others ignoring all that is going on. I must say that I believe that the new seating contributes to the cachous and it is dysfunctional with the new clam back chairs at each pillar and the face to face love seats squeezed into the alcoves. Hardly a place to read the paper or set a cup of coffee down. And to think I had to pay for those “upgrades” thru my dues assessment. I would like to see them bring back the wicker furnishings, tables and all. As an early riser, the lobby was always a good place to sit and wait for my family to get going in the morning , what a difference this trip. :sad1:

Only outside Cape May. Then it is more like a zoo.

It's better sitting in the rooms over at the villas anyway. I think they are the library and TV room??? Forget their real names.

I can't say its that different at most of the Disney resorts in the morning. Actually BC has a LOT of places to hide from it. The Solarium is just down the hall and very nice and then there are several "common spaces" in the BCV area. Just tell your family to meet you there.

BW is worse IMHO. No where to go so it's crazy there.

AK and WL have huge lobbies so the crazy stuff is more towards the exit area giving you places to hide from it.

Only outside Cape May. Then it is more like a zoo.

It's better sitting in the rooms over at the villas anyway. I think they are the library and TV room??? Forget their real names.
Breezeway and solarium. They are very quiet. Also what's that room in the villas area before you head out into the quiet pool?

And don't forget that right outside the doors there are rocking chairs. There's hardly anyone there in the morning. I've spent a few mornings rocking away in the rocking chairs outside.

We rarely go through the lobby. We like walking around the outside so much more. We do notice that on certain days it is crowded with all the people leaving and checking it though. We have never seen a vacant loveseat in the lobby, but do notice how empty the solarium is.

I have to agree with the Original Poster, especially regarding the new furniture. It is really horrible and the fabric selection was extremely poor. They put it in last summer and it was already filthy during our August trip, I can only imagine how dirty it is now. The decorator on that job should be fired, jmo.

MsA

Does anyone have pics of the new BC lobby decor? Preferably pics of the old AND the new decor??
I just don't know if I've stuck my nose in there as of late. I don't think I've seen the remodel. :cool2:

MG

I guess I am the oddball.

BCV is a very nice place but I have never understood why it is so popular.

I know it has a good location, but I have stayed there twice and have been unable to relax both times. It is way too busy.

It is just not for me.

Plenty of places to find a little solitude; you've got to expect the main lobby to have activity, look around a little, I'm sure you can find your 'special' place.

Lots of better, quiet, meeting/hiding places. I wouldn't consider the lobby anywhere...unless it was the GF with the piano playing and a dirty martini in hand !! :flower1:

That room is actually the Breezeway.
The 'tv room' is the Drawing Room and the Solarium is the room connected to the BC hallway.

Thanks for the actual names. I always forget them even though each fits the space so well. But all three are great spots for quiet times.

I agree about the new decor and especially those lobster colored clam chairs. Those were new sometime between Sept and January. They look Asian influenced to me and I just think they look discordant. The new potted plants look out of place too...so vertically oriented.

It seems to me that all three of the lobbies in the Epcot area are all very small. The older deluxe hotels as well as the newcomers all have soaring spaces.

I have a question for those of us who own BCV and who have stayed there recently, does the lobby of the Beach Club remind you of a bus station, especially early in the morning? You have suitcases all over the place, parents trying to corral the kids and others ignoring all that is going on. I must say that I believe that the new seating contributes to the cachous and it is dysfunctional with the new clam back chairs at each pillar and the face to face love seats squeezed into the alcoves. Hardly a place to read the paper or set a cup of coffee down. And to think I had to pay for those “upgrades” thru my dues assessment. I would like to see them bring back the wicker furnishings, tables and all. As an early riser, the lobby was always a good place to sit and wait for my family to get going in the morning , what a difference this trip. :sad1:

The BC lobby is somewhat seperate from the BCV lobby and I think a lot of the BC lobby AM traffic is from the BC Character Breakfast and the new DP is partly to blame in MHO-much like VWL lobby is quiet but walk over to the main lobby and its pretty crazy as well with C Breakfast. The solarium always seems pretty quiet when we have been there.

As an early riser, the lobby was always a good place to sit and wait for my family to get going in the morning , what a difference this trip. :sad1:

I was never trying to get away from the guest, in fact it is entertaining to watch people come and go but since they moved the cruse desk into the main lobby, the Magical Express check in desk in its old cruse desk location and then the new seating arrangements it’s hard to find an vacant quiet alcove that one can enjoy the surroundings with that cup of coffee. I have sat in the solarium and have used the rockers outside (although in February it can be a little cool) only to find solitude .. not what I had been accustomed to on other visits. Sometime my wait could be up to an hour and I enjoyed that opportunity to “people watch” while waiting. :)

For those who have seen the chairs, loveseats and there colors, I don’t think they enhance the setting of the Beach Club lobby although it is a change but is it for the better? My vote is for the old style, color and arrangement. :confused3

For those who have seen the chairs, loveseats and there colors, I don’t think they enhance the setting of the Beach Club lobby although it is a change but is it for the better? My vote is for the old style, color and arrangement. :confused3

Are you talking about the BCV lobby-or the BC lobby?

I don't like the new decor in BCV's lobby. It doesn't stop me from making ADR's at Cape May however.:)
Bobbi

I don't like the new furniture at the BC lobby either or, for that matter, in the Breezeway. But, it will wear out and be replaced! Hopefully, sooner rather than later! BCV is still my favorite DVC resort though!

Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter