Beach Club - First Timer

Sinks are separate. Or at least they have been in every room I have stayed in there. The good includes a fantastic pool area, good restaurants nearby, short walk to the Epcot IG entrance, near the skyliner, good rooms, and a fun vibe. The bad is that it can sometimes feel a little overrun with children, the rooms near the port cochere can be a bit noisy, and I think four adults in one of those rooms would feel very cramped. But if you have done four to a room comfortably at those other resorts, four in a BC room won't be an issue. I like BC and have stayed ther emany times (including two upcoming trips later this year). Have fun
Thank You!

Beach Club is one of my favorite resorts! You can't being able to walk to EPCOT and take the boat or even walk to DHS.. The pool is fabulous - try and get a reservation for Beaches and Cream!
Can't wait! We went to Beaches and Cream a long time ago and plan to make reservations again!

I can’t find any cons about Beach club, it’s a wonderful resort! You can walk to two parks, access to skyline, plenty of food option near or at a walking distance, wonderful pool, resort that is tiny and not hard to walk your way throu….it’s amazing!

the only small cons are:
not all rooms have a large balcony
not all The rooms have the same layouts
the quick service inside the resort is not the most rich in options
Thanks for all the info!

Yacht and Beach are our absolute favourite resorts now and we find it hard to stay anywhere else! I think a lot of it comes down to personal taste, but for us, the combination of theming, location, facilities and restaurants is just perfect. We are big pool people so Stormalong Bay is a huge plus for us - we always pop back to the resort in the afternoon for some pool time and it is easy to do this coming from DHS and Epcot. The theming is whimsical and lovely too.

If I’m totally honest, the only real con I can think of is that given the choice of two, as another family of all adults, we would go for Yacht Club where there is a choice. The Yacht lobby is much quieter and more elegant (Beach’s lobby is usually really busy especially during meal times near Cape May Cafe), and we prefer the gift shop there (though find the QS at Beach Club better). The Yacht rooms also feel a lot newer, and have hard floors rather than the carpet that Beach rooms have. Yacht also has guaranteed balconies while Beach does not. You can’t go wrong with either in the end - but there are a few little differences there to take into account.

Is there a room request I could make for a Standard View Room?
If you care about a full balcony make sure to request that as top priority because not every room at BC has them. If you don’t care about ending up with a little juliette balcony then I would strongly recommend requesting to be close to elevators at minimum. Those hallways are really long.

I would be very hesitant to book standard at BC/YC because there are some truly horrendous views of the gravel filled rooftops in that category.

I tend to get put in king rooms a lot on my solo trips, and ended up in one of these corner kings pre-closures. The really nice thing about it was even though it was a Standard View room, while one side had the infamous rooftop view, the other window looked right out on SAB and the Boardwalk. I never did find the shortcut door on that side though.
There isn't a fire exit to the outside from the rooms that are above the restaurants at the BC. But there is a staircase that takes you to the hallway next to the back exit for Cape May. The easiest way to figure out how to get to this stairway is to go up from the hallway. You can check it out during your free time on your upcoming trip. :)

I can’t find any cons about Beach club, it’s a wonderful resort! You can walk to two parks, access to skyline, plenty of food option near or at a walking distance, wonderful pool, resort that is tiny and not hard to walk your way throu….it’s amazing!

the only small cons are:
not all rooms have a large balcony
not all The rooms have the same layouts
the quick service inside the resort is not the most rich in options
Thanks for the info! I can't wait!!

Yacht and Beach are our absolute favourite resorts now and we find it hard to stay anywhere else! I think a lot of it comes down to personal taste, but for us, the combination of theming, location, facilities and restaurants is just perfect. We are big pool people so Stormalong Bay is a huge plus for us - we always pop back to the resort in the afternoon for some pool time and it is easy to do this coming from DHS and Epcot. The theming is whimsical and lovely too.

If I’m totally honest, the only real con I can think of is that given the choice of two, as another family of all adults, we would go for Yacht Club where there is a choice. The Yacht lobby is much quieter and more elegant (Beach’s lobby is usually really busy especially during meal times near Cape May Cafe), and we prefer the gift shop there (though find the QS at Beach Club better). The Yacht rooms also feel a lot newer, and have hard floors rather than the carpet that Beach rooms have. Yacht also has guaranteed balconies while Beach does not. You can’t go wrong with either in the end - but there are a few little differences there to take into account.
Thanks for all the info!!

The BC is a wonderful resort. Only thing about standard view is that you might get pebble beach. Basically you look out over the gravel roof. That was definitely the worst view we’ve ever had in WDW.
Is there a certain area we can request that we wouldn’t look at a gravel roof? I know it’s not a guarantee but it doesn’t hurt to request a certain area. Thank you!

Is there a certain area we can request that we wouldn’t look at a gravel roof? I know it’s not a guarantee but it doesn’t hurt to request a certain area. Thank you!
The majority of the standard view rooms at the Beach Club overlook the gravel roof on the third or fourth floors. The side that faces toward the parking lot is nice and quiet since the parking lot is in the distance. The side that faces Crescent Lake has a nicer view but also is noisy with noise from restaurant exhaust vents and from Storm Along Bay. The third floor in this section has large balconies while the fourth floor has standing balconies, with a few exceptions. The fifth floor is the club level, so it can't be all bad.

The majority of the standard view rooms at the Beach Club overlook the gravel roof on the third or fourth floors. The side that faces toward the parking lot is nice and quiet since the parking lot is in the distance. The side that faces Crescent Lake has a nicer view but also is noisy with noise from restaurant exhaust vents and from Storm Along Bay. The third floor in this section has large balconies while the fourth floor has standing balconies, with a few exceptions. The fifth floor is the club level, so it can't be all bad.
Thanks for the info. We decided to upgrade to garden view.

Thanks for the info. We decided to upgrade to garden view.
Definitely have a think about where you want to be with a garden view. Last year we had a garden view which was as far as the room could possibly be from the main lobby - right by Epcot. It overlooked a path and some trees. It would be great for people who want to be near Epcot but wasn’t ideal for us. The next trip we requested a garden view room near the lobby - the view was similar (a path and some woodland out the back of the resort) but we were steps from the lobby and much preferred it! The other thing I would think about is what floor to request - when we’ve had garden view ground floor rooms, a downside is that the patio and chairs outside the room are accessible to anyone so we couldn’t really leave swimming costumes out to dry. We will now request 2nd floor or higher with a balcony!

Ironically, aside from the water view we had one year, the best view we’ve had at beach club is from a standard view room. Ours overlooked the courtyard outside the Marketplace and only had a bit of roof in view - pretty roof with no gravel in sight!

Definitely have a think about where you want to be with a garden view. Last year we had a garden view which was as far as the room could possibly be from the main lobby - right by Epcot. It overlooked a path and some trees. It would be great for people who want to be near Epcot but wasn’t ideal for us. The next trip we requested a garden view room near the lobby - the view was similar (a path and some woodland out the back of the resort) but we were steps from the lobby and much preferred it! The other thing I would think about is what floor to request - when we’ve had garden view ground floor rooms, a downside is that the patio and chairs outside the room are accessible to anyone so we couldn’t really leave swimming costumes out to dry. We will now request 2nd floor or higher with a balcony!

Ironically, aside from the water view we had one year, the best view we’ve had at beach club is from a standard view room. Ours overlooked the courtyard outside the Marketplace and only had a bit of roof in view - pretty roof with no gravel in sight!
I’ve learned the hard way after staying at BC and YC once each to always request close to lobby/elevators. Both times I was placed in Timbuktu with halls on halls to go through. Was super annoying as someone that likes to take frequent breaks. BC wasn’t the worst though since it was just a weekend trip, and my standard view was a corner with one window looking out on SAB and the boardwalk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter