Beach Club - First Timer

luvpalmtrees

Mouseketeer
We are thinking of staying at Beach Club (standard room) for the first time the beginning of September. We've stayed at CBR at least 10 times and love it!! We've also stayed at CSR, POP, ASM & Sports. We want to try something new. Tell me the good & the bad of the Beach Club. Also, does the bathrooms have the sink separate from the shower area? We have 4 adults in a room so it's so much easier getting ready when the bathroom is set up that way Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Check out you tube for videos of the rooms at Beach Club. There are tons. Very helpful info about the resorts. Be sure to type "Disney's" at the beginning of your search words.

Check out you tube for videos of the rooms at Beach Club. There are tons. Very helpful info about the resorts. Be sure to type "Disney's" at the beginning of your search words.
I'll check out You Tube! Thank You!

Sinks are separate. Or at least they have been in every room I have stayed in there. The good includes a fantastic pool area, good restaurants nearby, short walk to the Epcot IG entrance, near the skyliner, good rooms, and a fun vibe. The bad is that it can sometimes feel a little overrun with children, the rooms near the port cochere can be a bit noisy, and I think four adults in one of those rooms would feel very cramped. But if you have done four to a room comfortably at those other resorts, four in a BC room won't be an issue. I like BC and have stayed ther emany times (including two upcoming trips later this year). Have fun

Love Beach Club for the quick walk to Epcot especially during festivals. We can go to other parks in the morning go back get some pool time and walk into Epcot every night or even just for a snack and fireworks. One night we even just took the skyliner for a ride around so much to do in that location

Beach Club is one large building. This was a terrific advantage the year we were stuck at Disney during a hurricane - we could access the lobby restaurants, shop, entertainment, and other services without going outside. Also, the walkways to the bus loop and Yacht Club are covered, so no getting soaked during the daily summer thunderstorm.

Beach Club is one of my favorite resorts! You can't being able to walk to EPCOT and take the boat or even walk to DHS.. The pool is fabulous - try and get a reservation for Beaches and Cream!

I can’t find any cons about Beach club, it’s a wonderful resort! You can walk to two parks, access to skyline, plenty of food option near or at a walking distance, wonderful pool, resort that is tiny and not hard to walk your way throu….it’s amazing!

the only small cons are:
not all rooms have a large balcony
not all The rooms have the same layouts
the quick service inside the resort is not the most rich in options

One more thing someone mentioned not all rooms have balconies and that true some have just a Juliet balcony where you can barely stand on. Twice they put us in a room with the Juliet balcony and we politely asked the baggage cast member if we could possibly get a room with a full balcony. Every time the found us a room with a full balcony. One time it wasn’t until the next day but the room we had with the small balcony was HUGE! We aren’t park commandos so we get up and sit on the balcony and have coffee and do a little work so a balcony is very important to us

The BC is a wonderful resort. Only thing about standard view is that you might get pebble beach. Basically you look out over the gravel roof. That was definitely the worst view we’ve ever had in WDW.

The quick service situation is abysmal. Especially for breakfast. Not nearly enough capacity for the size of the 2 resorts together.

While we loved the pool and liked the overall theming, we found the resort to be very noisy. There isn't much sound deadening between rooms or between the room and the hallway. Too many people, adults and kids alike, don't know how to be quiet walking the hallways or getting into their room late at night. Yacht Club was a bit better but our preference now is the Swan.

I prefer the quick service at the Yacht Club! Only a quick walk away! Enjoy your vacation and the BC, one of our favorites!

The short walk to Epcot is a joy. Sometimes the Skyliner line literally reaches the Beach Club, so you are back inside your resort at the same time Skyliner guests are just joining the line.

The location is fantastic! Short walk to EPCOT, Skyliner, or boat. Love to go over to the Boardwalk area, too. Tons of great restaurants around Crescent Lake.
We are in the minority, but we didn't love Stormalong Bay- very crowded, hard to see your kids, hard to find a chair.
If you can, bring your own pool noodle to float on - we found most people hung onto the tubes forever - many people were reading books while floating or many big long chains of tubes with their families and friends. No one in my family ever got a tube. (I was the only one who had brought a noodle and they all thought I was crazy before the trip.)

We recently stayed at Yacht Club, so I can’t speak to the rooms at Beach, but the entire area is beautiful. We loved it! The location being right by Epcot and Hollywood Studios is fantastic. Not sure if you have park hoppers, but if so, it’s great to pop into Epcot for a drink or snack in the evening. You can also walk over to the Boardwalk easily. We enjoyed Flying Fish for a nicer meal. Also, If you’re interested in a character breakfast, Cape May is fun.

Last edited:
not all The rooms have the same layouts
Not that this is useful for the OP with four adults in a room, but we like to try to book the King bed rooms that are in the corners of the building. The layout of the room is much bigger than the usual and is L-shaped with the bathroom essentially around the corner from the bed so it's really nice to be able to have one person using the sink or showering and you don't have any noise or light. They're usually beside a staircase with an exit door on the first floor so you can get outside much closer to Epcot than having to go to the lobby and go out the doors there. We've stayed in one close to the volleyball area (lagoon view) and one just down the hall from the shop but in a quiet corner (garden view), which has a patio that is fairly private and is close to BWV (which was great for us because our friends were staying there that trip and it was a quick run over to their room). While there is a pathway that goes past it, we found very few people passed by.

Not that this is useful for the OP with four adults in a room, but we like to try to book the King bed rooms that are in the corners of the building. The layout of the room is much bigger than the usual and is L-shaped with the bathroom essentially around the corner from the bed so it's really nice to be able to have one person using the sink or showering and you don't have any noise or light. They're usually beside a staircase with an exit door on the first floor so you can get outside much closer to Epcot than having to go to the lobby and go out the doors there. We've stayed in one close to the volleyball area (lagoon view) and one just down the hall from the shop but in a quiet corner (garden view), which has a patio that is fairly private and is close to BWV (which was great for us because our friends were staying there that trip and it was a quick run over to their room). While there is a pathway that goes past it, we found very few people passed by.
I tend to get put in king rooms a lot on my solo trips, and ended up in one of these corner kings pre-closures. The really nice thing about it was even though it was a Standard View room, while one side had the infamous rooftop view, the other window looked right out on SAB and the Boardwalk. I never did find the shortcut door on that side though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter