Beach closed for refurbishments at Vero Beach???

DaisyNY

DIS Veteran
Just read a review on Travelocity that the beach front at Vero Beach is closed for refurbishment...I knew the pool was scheduled to be closed through the beginning of February but never heard anything about the beach...Anyone have any info? Thanks!

This is from the Members' website:

Please Pardon Our Pixie Dust
Disney's Vero Beach Resort is undergoing a variety of refurbishments, enhancements and regular maintenance.

Accommodations

The Resort villas are being refurbished in waves, including refreshing fabric and décor, updating bathrooms, replacing select furniture and more. Initial waves were completed in summer 2016, with others scheduled to begin in late November for the remaining villas, as well as the Resort's Beach Cottages.

Dining

As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance and refresh the Guest experience, the dining options at Disney's Vero Beach Resort have been recently reimagined. Explore the latest dining options.

Pool Areas

The Resort's feature pool and the Pirate's Plunge Pool Slide will be unavailable in late January through early February 2017. Access to our beautiful, sandy beaches will remain open. We also invite our younger Guests to enjoy the Tiger Lily Wet Play Area. We apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause.

Our Commitment to You

Please be assured, we are committed to providing you and your family with an enjoyable and comfortable vacation. While we are working on our magic, it is possible that you may see and hear construction taking place around the Resort. We will attempt to limit any work most likely to cause a noise impact to start after 9 AM.

This is from the Members' website:

Please Pardon Our Pixie Dust
Disney's Vero Beach Resort is undergoing a variety of refurbishments, enhancements and regular maintenance.

Accommodations

The Resort villas are being refurbished in waves, including refreshing fabric and décor, updating bathrooms, replacing select furniture and more. Initial waves were completed in summer 2016, with others scheduled to begin in late November for the remaining villas, as well as the Resort's Beach Cottages.

Dining

As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance and refresh the Guest experience, the dining options at Disney's Vero Beach Resort have been recently reimagined. Explore the latest dining options.

Pool Areas

The Resort's feature pool and the Pirate's Plunge Pool Slide will be unavailable in late January through early February 2017. Access to our beautiful, sandy beaches will remain open. We also invite our younger Guests to enjoy the Tiger Lily Wet Play Area. We apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause.

Our Commitment to You

Please be assured, we are committed to providing you and your family with an enjoyable and comfortable vacation. While we are working on our magic, it is possible that you may see and hear construction taking place around the Resort. We will attempt to limit any work most likely to cause a noise impact to start after 9 AM.
I read this on DVC site too but then became concerned when I saw the comment on Travelocity...hopefully misinformation.

This was not misinformation. In front of Disney's property and at Wabasso public beach was closed for about 2 weeks. Wabasso was open again on 1/28/17 and I walked down the beach past Disney's property so it was back open. I had friends staying at Disney for MLK weekend, they used the beach on Saturday and Sunday but on Monday Disney provided them with a shuttle to another beach since the one in front of the resort was under refurbishment.

This was not misinformation. In front of Disney's property and at Wabasso public beach was closed for about 2 weeks. Wabasso was open again on 1/28/17 and I walked down the beach past Disney's property so it was back open. I had friends staying at Disney for MLK weekend, they used the beach on Saturday and Sunday but on Monday Disney provided them with a shuttle to another beach since the one in front of the resort was under refurbishment.

That's scary...we are planning a total rest and relax vacation March 11-15. Hoping the beach will be open during our entire stay. :oops:

It seems like Vero beach has very frequent beach restoration projects. What storm happened that now they have to restore the beach again after the last restoration (which I think was 2 years ago)?

It seems like Vero beach has very frequent beach restoration projects. What storm happened that now they have to restore the beach again after the last restoration (which I think was 2 years ago)?

I believe it was Hurricane Matthew in the fall...and I'm glad to hear the beach is open again! Counting the days until our arrival March 11!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter