Beach, beach, beach....and some CL too please :) The RC Queen's 2015 TR

pas130

Always missing Florida....
I'll be honest, it may be time to bequeath my title as the Queen of the Resort Changers....I have not made nearly enough changes this trip. And it I don't stop trying to change things there may be a mutiny here....

:welcome:to my latest PTR for August 2015 :flower1:

After several trips to Universal Orlando, I FINALLY got a WDW trip snuck in for my 40th birthday last August. For the first time we used a TA, and I know I drove her mad....but she rocked, and we are using her again this year. Here's an introduction to my wonderful family.....
DSCI0714.JPG

Not the best selfie of me, but my DH sure is handsome ....
DSCI0707.JPG

DS6, my baby...he is diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, and 2014 was our first trip with the DAS card (more on that later)
DSCI0734.JPG

Here's all the Pas-lettes on the OKW bus last year....from left to right...DD7 Bree, DS14 Brandon, DD8 Katie (she has changed it to Kaite pronounced "Kate"), DD10 Maddie (who has Anxiety&OCD, she was dx. on the spectrum years ago, but her diagnosis was modified a few years ago), and our DS6 Brian, Jr AKA Handsome

When and where....

August 8th-24th, a triple split stay.....

We are driving from New Jersey and arriving August 8th here~
ami.jpg

Anna Maria Island on the Gulf Coast of Florida
This will be our first trip here, and I can't wait!!! Staying 5 nights here before moving to.....
room-wg-g11.jpg

I borrowed this picture from WDW website :) We will be 6 nights in two rooms at Beach Club CL!! Pool or lagoon view!
Initially we were at Poly GV CL, but the construction of the Quiet pool was enough to scare us off. Plus EPCOT is the family favorite (I am a MK gal)....

I was supposed to keep this trip all WDW OR Universal, however, I decided to buy APs at both WDW AND Universal so on my birthday (August 19th) we will be moving over to the dark side...
08_pbh_villa_parlor_suite_tcm13-34270.jpg
Portofino Bay in a Villa Parlor Suite with a connecting 2 Queen Deluxe CL room.

Last edited:
A little more about me, I am a night nurse and will be graduating with my BSN the end of June. The past year has been work, school, work, therapy, fighting with child study teams, and more work. My DH works days and I work nights, so vacation time is really all about the family.

DH lost his love for WDW when we started to go to Universal Orlando and stay onsite. Those express passes ROCK, and the "bang for your buck" tends to be better on the "dark side". That said, he LOVED OKW!

Here's our 2014 TR: http://www.disboards.com/threads/go-with-the-flow-dude-a-few-final-thoughts-10-19.3324837/

Last edited:

Hello Pas! Following along!
:hug: Happy you found me! I showed DH your reviews of WL CL and BC CL, so happy you had a great trip. He will not consider changing away from BC :) Which is okay by me, we are going to WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm here! Do I get the honorary "RC-enabler" title?

Great introduction to your family.

I absolutely love your vacation line-up. We are a beach-loving family, but we have never been to the Gulf Coast. Can't wait to hear all about that. I am excited about your BC CL stay. And that room at Portofino looks awesome!

We are fans of both WDW and US, so your trip really is the best of both (or all three) worlds!

:woohoo:

Last edited:
So much to CELEBRATE…Your graduation! Your birthday! Have you requested a rehabbed room at BC? I think the rehab is supposed to be completed at the end of August. But, if they work top down like WL did, then your CL rooms should be brand spankin' new for you!

Just got back on Easter from CR, but I still haven't posted to my threads:duck:. But, I did manage to book Poly for August! I left it up to DD to pick since she'll be a, gulp, senior next year. After a few visits there last week, she really wanted to go back to Poly. I used a TA for the first time ever because no rooms were available through WDTC and I had heard about some very special rates - I got 50% off rack rate:teacher:

We stayed at YC last June and enjoyed SAB so I know you and the kids will LOVE it! They might not want to go to the parks. Don't forget that B&C takes ADRs and YS is perfect for a celebratory dinner;)

I'm here! Do I get the honorary "RC-enabled" title?

Great introduction to your family.

I absolutely love your vacation line-up. We are a beach-loving family, but we have never been to the Gulf Coast. Can't wait to hear all about that. I am excited about your BC CL stay. And that room at Portofino looks awesome!

We are fans of both WDW and US, so your trip really is the best of both (or all three) worlds!

:woohoo:
Guilty by association Dee, you can totally be a RCer :hug: I am hoping they love Anna Maria Island as much as Treasure Island. It seems so laid back and quiet! When the summer rates came out I put a courtesy hold on GF and my DH and kids...no Bueno, they were not pleased. DH is as excited about BC as he was about OKW last year :) The new rooms kind of remind me of Portofino a little. This is our first CL stay at Portofino, I was jazzed about HRH CL but they wouldn't guarantee connecting rooms with CheapTickets or Orbitz wherever I booked LOL. So I called and inquired about AP rates, the woman was a sweetie. Asked about our family and what I wanted. I said I just want connecting rooms and CL (lol just). She found the suite, and it's 35% off..not to mention less than two PBH CL rooms. AWESOME! We added a night on the end, as DS14 said he's doing track instead of marching band SO no band camp (which starts 8/24). I am in love with that suite I tell you! A personal thank you for all your help with the BC planning. The Universal part is a surprise, but I think the kids have figured it out since I've become a YouTube addict between BC and PBH :teeth:

So much to CELEBRATE…Your graduation! Your birthday! Have you requested a rehabbed room at BC? I think the rehab is supposed to be completed at the end of August. But, if they work top down like WL did, then your CL rooms should be brand spankin' new for you!

Just got back on Easter from CR, but I still haven't posted to my threads:duck:. But, I did manage to book Poly for August! I left it up to DD to pick since she'll be a, gulp, senior next year. After a few visits there last week, she really wanted to go back to Poly. I used a TA for the first time ever because no rooms were available through WDTC and I had heard about some very special rates - I got 50% off rack rate:teacher:

We stayed at YC last June and enjoyed SAB so I know you and the kids will LOVE it! They might not want to go to the parks. Don't forget that B&C takes ADRs and YS is perfect for a celebratory dinner;)
:hug: You found me!!! Poly??? TA??? YAY YAY YAY I hope our dates coincide and we can meet up for a cocktail! The 5th floor is all new and the CL lounge too!! I think they are on the 3rd floor now (I think). DH made me promise...no plans....so our FP will be all evening ones, and he did agree to two breakfast ADRs (the man loves his Mickey waffles) We have Tusker House and Cape May Café. The only BC request I made was at least one room with a full balcony :love:

Last edited:
I copied my final thoughts from my 2014 TR, and I re-read the whole thing. What a great trip we had! So I figured I'd paste what I had learned...and to reinforce what I learned as well:
"A few final thoughts to take with me for my 2015 planning.....

Fast passes need to be scheduled for evenings...no pressure to get up and go go go

We need to allow for more pool/resort time

I don't like having a kitchen, it is great for the beach...loved the space and the W/D BUT I did an awful lot of cooking/cleaning for a vacation

A week is the perfect length of stay for us, as there will always be more to see and do BUT there IS always a next time"

And last year the first resort booked was BC CL (kinda funny). To explain the title a little, we are staying at the BEACH (Anna Maria), then BEACH Club (WDW), then over to the BEACH pool (okay that one is a stretch....Portofino's main pool is the beach pool). And on a personal note, when I am having a really bad day my DH will text me....beach beach beach. It always brings me happy thoughts.

I copied my final thoughts from my 2014 TR, and I re-read the whole thing. What a great trip we had! So I figured I'd paste what I had learned...and to reinforce what I learned as well:
"A few final thoughts to take with me for my 2015 planning.....

Fast passes need to be scheduled for evenings...no pressure to get up and go go go

We need to allow for more pool/resort time

I don't like having a kitchen, it is great for the beach...loved the space and the W/D BUT I did an awful lot of cooking/cleaning for a vacation

A week is the perfect length of stay for us, as there will always be more to see and do BUT there IS always a next time"

And last year the first resort booked was BC CL (kinda funny). To explain the title a little, we are staying at the BEACH (Anna Maria), then BEACH Club (WDW), then over to the BEACH pool (okay that one is a stretch....Portofino's main pool is the beach pool). And on a personal note, when I am having a really bad day my DH will text me....beach beach beach. It always brings me happy thoughts.
Jeanette your trip(3 trips in one) sounds perfect.

Hi pas ....joining in! Love the pics of the pas-lettes and of you and your DH too! Sounds like a fabulously fun "beachy" vacation! :beach:

High! I'm Andrea. You have a very happy handsome family. I'm looking forward to reading about your trip planning. Did you use a magical agent just for the WDW stay at BC?

A little more about me, I am a night nurse and will be graduating with my BSN the end of June.
I bet you will be glad to finish that degree. Our youngest daughter earned her BSN this winter and now works as a night nurse.
It was tough for her to do nursing school and raise two kids, but for you to do it with such a busy household - wow. You deserve this vacation. :)

So I called and inquired about AP rates, the woman was a sweetie. Asked about our family and what I wanted. I said I just want connecting rooms and CL (lol just). She found the suite, and it's 35% off..not to mention less than two PBH CL rooms. AWESOME!
The suite is gorgeous. It will be nice to have the extra room. That was why the 2br villa at OKW was so nice.

Hi pas ....joining in! Love the pics of the pas-lettes and of you and your DH too! Sounds like a fabulously fun "beachy" vacation! :beach:
My GF Groupie/Preppy Poly friend!
:hug: YAY you've found me! I can't wait until vacation!!
High! I'm Andrea. You have a very happy handsome family. I'm looking forward to reading about your trip planning. Did you use a magical agent just for the WDW stay at BC?
Hi Andrea! Thanks for popping in and introducing yourself! Only used her for the BC part, unfortunately the Universal dates from the agency started after 8/25. But her rates were great there too! I did the Universal AP rate.
I bet you will be glad to finish that degree. Our youngest daughter earned her BSN this winter and now works as a night nurse.
It was tough for her to do nursing school and raise two kids, but for you to do it with such a busy household - wow. You deserve this vacation. :)

The suite is gorgeous. It will be nice to have the extra room. That was why the 2br villa at OKW was so nice.
:lovestruc Thank you Sue! I graduated with my Associates in 1997, and I've been attempting to go back to school since 2004. So happy to finally be achieving this goal, Masters is soon to follow :) All I have to say is thank you online classes! Congrats to your daughter, nursing is tough but so rewarding and I can't imagine a better career for me. I can't wait to check out that suite, it's bigger than my first apartment LOL! Thanks again for stopping in, now I just have to get through the next ten weeks of school....(for me AND my minions)

:wave2:Hi! I found this yesterday but didn't have time to say hello.

The pictures of your family are adorable. Good to hear you are almost finished your degree. It's going to make this trip even more special for you.:goodvibes

:wave2:Hi! I found this yesterday but didn't have time to say hello.

The pictures of your family are adorable. Good to hear you are almost finished your degree. It's going to make this trip even more special for you.:goodvibes
Thank you and welcome :) I went back to school part time Spring 2013 and I remember being on the balcony overlooking the beach thinking this is NOT vacation...so last summer I took a leave from school. I am glad I did, and when I registered for classes I told my advisor if I'm not done by August I'll wait until Fall ;) The Dean approved me doubling up my last term to get it done. I'm projected to graduated Summa Cum Laude (never heard of it before). She explained I need to maintain my 4.0 this final term, but honestly I'm not sweating it....if I get a B I will still get Magna Cum Laude (I hope I'm spelling it right). Long story short (too late), I have 10 weeks left, and the last eight weeks will be a doozy. I am as much of a perfectionist with school as I am with vacation, except vacation is SO much more fun. Thanks for listening to my rant ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter