• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Be the Change...

HardCoreCheerleader

Earning My Ears
...You wish to see in the World."-Ghandi

What is the change you would like to make in the world to make it better.:confused3 It could be anything. But make sure it is doable (sp?). How could you help? In class we are doing a project where you pick a quote and show how you would live by it. This should be something you put a lot of thinking into, but please try to do one! I will post mine in the next post.:goodvibes

Watch, now all the DISers reading this are groaning and saying "Here Jenny goes again". I often talk about my hatred of child abuse, on the boards. :)

I've recently been living by 2. The 2 that are in my signature.

Little by little we can change the world.

And eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

My obvious passion is fighting child abuse. It's what I want to do with my life. I want to work as a social worker and change "they system". It really has a bad rap.

I want to change so many things pertaining to child abuse because it's just awful. I don't know any other way to put it.

My mother is a social worker, I volunteer at DCFS, it will be my future workplace.

I'm going to change this.

Mine would be helping kids with asthma/allergies. My brother is in the top ten for worst allergies and asthma in the U.S.A. Last year he got to go to the National Jewish Hospital in Denver, Colorado (like a St. Jude but instead of cancer it is for asthma/allergies). It made a difference in my brothers life to go there and get treatments to help him live better. This place costs lots of money to go to and I would like to help raise money for kids to go here and get treated. Many kids die a year from asthma/allergies but if I could say that I helped 1 child get help it would be wonderful.

Mine would be helping kids with asthma/allergies. My brother is in the top ten for worst allergies and asthma in the U.S.A. Last year he got to go to the National Jewish Hospital in Denver, Colorado (like a St. Jude but instead of cancer it is for asthma/allergies). It made a difference in my brothers life to go there and get treatments to help him live better. This place costs lots of money to go to and I would like to help raise money for kids to go here and get treated. Many kids die a year from asthma/allergies but if I could say that I helped 1 child get help it would be wonderful.
I have asthma. That sounds like a wonderful cause.

Oh and By the way. WELCOME TO THE TEEN BOARD. I am Jenny, don't be afraid of me. Don't be afraid of my post count. And don't be afraid of how we all know each other. From your posts so far, I see you as fitting in rathar well. You seem very mature, and well educated :)

I hope to see you around, and I hope nobody scares you off.

Wow you have put a lot of thought into it! Oh yeah and thanks for welcoming me to the boards! I have been roaming around and then I found this forum and jumped in it! You all do know each other really well!

Wow you have put a lot of thought into it! Oh yeah and thanks for welcoming me to the boards! I have been roaming around and then I found this forum and jumped in it! You all do know each other really well!
Wait til tomorrow afternoon when the rush comes in. :)

But seriously, we scare off a lot of people because they're intimidated. We really are a nice group of people. Most of the time :rolleyes:

We should probally delete these other posts so that people don't think that we are getting off topic (I saw that happen in the Girls Thread one!)

We can't delete posts.

And trust me, just about every thread goes off topic. They won't think anything of it.

Just like Jenny said, I kinda wanna help child abuse too and also when I get old enough to adopt kids i'm thinking about adopting some kids that really need familys and stuff.

If I could change anything about the world, I'd just want everyone to love a little more. That would end hate crimes, because you would remove the hate.

And yes, Child Abuse is bad, but is it any worse than pet abuse, domestic abuse, or elder abuse? No. They're all equally evil.

But love could change that. With more love, and less hate, we would live in a different world.

animal abuse, hunting, poaching all the bad things etc

it's just mean and it's plain disgusting. they feel and hurt too you know.

my mate was telling me about how she was chucking stones at a bird. my mouth was on the floor the whole way through. i just said' how would you have felt if you'd hit it?' she told me it deserved to die. i was like and you could stand there and watch it bleed slwoly to death? i was appalled. really how is it big to pick on defenseless animals?

I'd like to help people stop being ridiculous and selfish.
Like my friend:
'I would never donate my hair (that I got cut off) to an organisation like Locks Of Love because I think it's creepy that people would wear wigs that are made out of human hair.'

Like, why is that bad? I'd rather wear a wig made out of human hair than one out of say, horse hair or what have you.

I would change apathy and ignorance, the biggest weapons of mass destruction in the world.

I try to embody the changes I want to see by being compassionate, open-minded and learning as much as I can. I look at the fine print and look past the famous people, trying to see as many background stories as I can.

I look at the fine print and look past the famous people, trying to see as many background stories as I can.
That's very important.

Cookies, I understand what you meant. But fighting child abuse means a lot to me. Maybe love can conquer all, but I like to take little steps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter