• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be Our Guest - What to Order?

When we went for dinner in 2013, I liked the shrimp and scallops in the puff pastry. It was delicious. My DGF liked the steak frites (fries) and the herb butter that came with it. Since it was DGF's birthday, we got to try the grey stuff after dinner.

If we booked, it would be for dinner. I just looked at pictures of the seafood in a puff pastry, and I'm sold! Thanks, everyone!

I am curious about this dish as well. Anyone here ever try it? Sure LOOKS good to me.

The shrimp and scallops in the puff pastry was REALLY good, I had it in September. The Potato Leek soup was tasty too. I also recommend the Strawberry cupcake.

We have liked all the vegetarian options. The veggie quiche was great at lunch, along with the side salad with it. There's a salad...trio? I think...that's at dinner, and we had that with the two soups (which are marvelously vegetarian). My fave is the potato leek, and DH's is the french onion. Just so good.

My husband and I had dinner there a few years back. At the time we were both vegetarians and enjoyed putting together a nice meal. . . we each had a cup of the potato and leek soup, followed by garden salads with champagne vinaigrette. We ordered the layered ratatouille to share----as well as a side order of the au gratin macaroni. Skipped dessert.

You can avoid this by pre-ordering your food. We did this and it was a breeze. We were sitting down inside within two seconds of walking up.

For lunch we had the roast beef with fries and ham & cheese with fries. Both were very good, pretty basic and "Americanized". I suspect lunch would be more suitable to someone not fond of French food.

Totally agree! We pre-ordered and we pretty much walked right in and found a table. It was very nice, we filled our drinks and then sat in nice chairs at our table and chatted, while we waited for our food to be delivered. It was so much nicer than any quick service meal.

That said, we also enjoyed dinner here, I had the pork chop, it was quite good.

Except pre-ordering doesn't always work. When I went last year, I had pre-ordered, and it didn't even come up when we got to the register (after having to wait forever behind other people who either didn't pre-order, or whose pre-order didn't show up).

So, I'm not all that interested in French food, and I really don't see what the big deal is with BOG. But, it has amazing reviews. What is it about BOG that is so great? What on the menu is the best meal? Thanks for your input!
Normally, I'm not a big fan of soups but that Onion and Cheese soup was soooooo delicious. I still think about it.

I second the French Onion soup. It's gigantic too, so unless you're ravenous you could probably have that and split an entree with someone else. My mom who is not a big eater just had the soup for lunch and she was scraping the gooey melted cheese off the sides of the bowl by the end. Delish. It gives the french onion soup at Chefs de France a run for its money though I think that may still be my favorite at wdw.

I also had the quinoa salad which was a nice balance to the heavy soup and had a really flavorful dressing, my DH had the pork which was also huge and he liked it. The food also came extremely quick, which balanced out the wait to order. We had barely gotten our drinks filled by the time that cart rolled to a stop at our table.

Except pre-ordering doesn't always work. When I went last year, I had pre-ordered, and it didn't even come up when we got to the register (after having to wait forever behind other people who either didn't pre-order, or whose pre-order didn't show up).

Of course freak things happen, but I would say 90% of the time, it works. Just like when some of us have issues with MBs or making ADRs. Stuff happens. It's still worth pre-ordering because chances are it's going to work, especially now that it's been in place for a while.

I have a ADR made for our upcoming trip and I think I will cancel it. After looking at the menu, I know there isn't anything on it that my kids will eat. I really think they need to put some kid friendly options on the menu.

I have a ADR made for our upcoming trip and I think I will cancel it. After looking at the menu, I know there isn't anything on it that my kids will eat. I really think they need to put some kid friendly options on the menu.

They have a kids menu: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=615

Looks like they have mac and cheese or a grilled cheese, which are among the typical kid options. But if they want hot dogs or chicken nuggets, its not the place for that.

If you aren't a fan of french food but still want to dine try going during lunch. it's more casual and the food is delicious and unique compared to the rest of the park's QS options which are mostly burgers, chicken sandwiches, etc. My FAVORITE Magic Kingdom lunch item is actually the croque monsieur at Be Our Guest. It's really big enough for my husband and I to share if we want to save room for a grey stuff cupcake (YUM-O!) and it's so tasty. I don't feel disgusting after eating it either, like I do with a burger lol but maybe that's all just mind over matter because it isn't something I would consider healthy. Be our Guest is great, you should give it a shot.
hello, so would you say it is ok and not frowned upon to share the croque monsieur? I'm not a big eater, neither is DD so I was thinking of us sharing one and a cupcake, this of course depending if I'm lucky enough to get a ressie our next visit,lol ;)

For dinner, I had a steak, which was good but not fabulous.

For lunch, I had the braised pork, which was very good--best counter service lunch I ever had! This is also on the dinner menu, so I will probably get it for dinner this trip.

For me, BOG is more about the atmosphere. It is one of the most beautiful restaurants on Disney property IMHO.

hello, so would you say it is ok and not frowned upon to share the croque monsieur? I'm not a big eater, neither is DD so I was thinking of us sharing one and a cupcake, this of course depending if I'm lucky enough to get a ressie our next visit,lol ;)

Of course they won't mind! This is Disney and they do such a big volume at BOG no one should care how much you order.

Last edited:
When we went for dinner in 2013, I liked the shrimp and scallops in the puff pastry. It was delicious. My DGF liked the steak frites (fries) and the herb butter that came with it. Since it was DGF's birthday, we got to try the grey stuff after dinner.

Totally agree !!! Love the seafood in puff !! (the Pork is very good too !!)

No it's totally okay to share! This isn't table service it's a quick service location during lunch. Honestly I think sharing anywhere is fine on Disney property and it's never frowned upon. Buffets are the exception of course. But my husband and I share a lot of our meals because we don't like eating huge meals but lots of small ones. Anyway, Disney is fine with it so don't think twice about it l. Again this doesn't include buffets or family style dining. Enjoy BOG! I'm hoping to book a Ressie feb 25th when they open up for our May trip! It's one of my favs :)

...My FAVORITE Magic Kingdom lunch item is actually the croque monsieur at Be Our Guest. It's really big enough for my husband and I to share ...

I'm in agreement. It's basically a grilled ham and cheese sandwich. I don't find it big enough to share, but that's your call...

No it's totally okay to share! This isn't table service it's a quick service location during lunch. Honestly I think sharing anywhere is fine on Disney property and it's never frowned upon. Buffets are the exception of course. But my husband and I share a lot of our meals because we don't like eating huge meals but lots of small ones. Anyway, Disney is fine with it so don't think twice about it l. Again this doesn't include buffets or family style dining. Enjoy BOG! I'm hoping to book a Ressie feb 25th when they open up for our May trip! It's one of my favs :)
Thanks! We're are trying on the 25th for BOG as well, good luck, so worried so many people will be on and it will crash or go slow... fingers crossed, and thanks again, so good to know we can share! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter