Be Our Guest Lunch FastPass Thread [PLEASE read the FAQs in the first post!]

I just got the Bonjour test email to book for lunch around 330 today. I immediately went to book it. However, no dates are available 10/30-11/5.

Mine for 10/27 is still there.

Maybe they are ending the FP option after Oct???? Perhaps they realized it created more of a headache than really solved anything. I mean they tried it, line still there. Angry non-FP people. They added return tickets, and it booked up before noon. Angry people who didn't want to gate rush a restaurant at rope drop. The CM have to be getting ears full from people who turn up at 11:50 am and discover there is no room at the inn because everyone prebooked a counter service restaurant...something that cannot happen at any other CS restaurant.

Maybe it is going to all day ADR? Or all day CS?

I know it is not necessary to get an email from Disney inviting you to get this FP, but I am curious as to whether anyone has received one in the last few days. This could be an indication as to whether the "test" is being discontinued.

After booking mine Tuesday the week of 9/26, I got the invite email that Thursday. My stay is 10/26-11/1.

Well if they've decided to discontinue it, it would be SUPER nice if they'd announce that... so we can all stop clicking that stupid button every hour on the hour... *sigh* :confused:

I just received the weekly AllEars.net newsletter. In it they mentioned the fastpass only test of Toy Story Mania this week. The next line states

"Similarly, the Be Our Guest Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom is currently only accepting diners who hold a FastPass at lunchtime. There is no availability for lunchtime "walk-ups" until further notice."

This is the first I heard of no walk-ups for BOG. Perhaps, related to the availability of early November Lunch FastPass.

Reading the last few pages of this thread makes me unhappy.

I'm trying for 11/4 (27 day window should open tomorrow if my math is correct), but I checked 11/3 today just to see if it was working, and like everyone else, nada.

I really want to do BOG, but waiting on line may be difficult because we're trying to pack a lot into 1 MK day. We got the email last trip (while we were there), but didn't do it because it didn't fit into our schedule. We really wanted to do it this trip ...

Oh, and after tomorrow I'll be away from the computer for a few days, so if the window decides to open up at 26, 25, or 24 days, I just have to hope there's something left.

Maybe if we all think happy thoughts it'll be fixed by tomorrow?

I notice this morning another day was added for availability...October 14. So it appears the open window is staying at 7 days, at least for now. I wonder if Oct 15 will be added tomorrow.

I still find it interesting I have not had to enter my reservation number.

Is Disney changing it to a 7-day booking window or is this temporary until they implement an ADR system for lunch? I guess time will tell.

I hate this waiting game with our trip less than a month away. :sad2:

All ears posted something on Facebook today stating that BOG is currently not taking standby/only FP+. Interesting since now no one can make FP reservations.
They must be in the process of changing/making adjustments as to how they want to manage this restaurant. I just wish it wasn't happening during my vacation! Or better yet, would be great if they communicate soon how we can all plan to eat there in November.
I mean really, I know it's just a meal, but there is such a frenzy around planning and booking so much of our trips in advance, that the 'unknown' is now stressful. Ugh.

So early this morning logged on and tried and it would not even let me pick my dates for November and I was getting a message that said.

Thank you for participating in our Fast pass + test..Please try again later and a bunch more crap????

So now I just tried again I can pick my dates, but no times come up and no message either???:confused3

I mean really, I know it's just a meal, but there is such a frenzy around planning and booking so much of our trips in advance, that the 'unknown' is now stressful. Ugh.

sooo true.. I wish Disney would communicate what is going on and I wish they would stop these silly aggravating and unfair 'tests'.. I would imagine lots of people are having second thoughts about going to Disney anymore. I am and I'm a die hard Disney fan. Meanwhile, I'll go wish upon a star...

My assumption is that they are about to make it a permanent ADR for lunch. I mean they have tried everything to make the guest happy. Can't get a reservation? We take walk ups for lunch. Don't want to stand in line for a walk up? Here is a paper fastpass. Onsite guests want more perks? Take a FP+ reservation. The problem is that the popularity hasn't waned. The lunch stand by line is often more than 30 min, dinner ADRs are gone before 180 days and FP+ is booked up at day 27 or shortly there after. :sad2:

Personally I was not all knocked out with dinner but had heard lunch was better. I was looking for a Nov 1st. Just so happens, it looks like the transition will take place during my trip. Unfortunate but I'll just go with the flow. I'd rather book an ADR than wait 30 min for a QSR anyways. If no FP or ADRs are available during lunch on my trip, you can find me around the corner at Pinocchio's just as happy with my flatbread pizza. :wave2:

I notice this morning another day was added for availability...October 14. So it appears the open window is staying at 7 days, at least for now. I wonder if Oct 15 will be added tomorrow.

I still find it interesting I have not had to enter my reservation number.

Have you used the BOG FP+ system before? Your experience of seeing days from today through October 14 is what can happen when you're using the system for a previous trip -- you're still "active" but see the next 7 days only. I can still do that all the time because I used the system in February.

You might want to try signing in to the BOG site with a different Disney user name, which should allow you to enter your current reservation number....although with the current state of the system not offering November dates, you may only progress a little bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter