Be our Guest lack of value.

It really is a shame that the food quality has gone down so much at WDW. I ate at BOG not long after it first opened for dinner and it was really good. I then went back for breakfast another trip and it wasn't too bad either. Overall I am just not impressed by the food at WDW anymore and it costs a fortune.

It's only worth it to me if you get the escargot to start and pork chop or steak. The charcuterie board also used to be a decent option. But the fact that 1/5 apps and 2/6 entree choices are the only good values says a lot.

We went on our trip last year at the insistence of one of our party members and I regretted it. The rooms themselves are cool, but it isn’t what I would consider to be a character meal and the food was fairly average. I definitely didn’t feel like it was worth the price and won’t be going back.

Why I think Be Our Guest was even built at Magic Kingdom was simply to honor the new release of Beauty And The Beast on DVD and Blu-ray and when you rerelease a hit Disney movie Disney Parks have to build a special attraction or restaurant based on that movie. I think they should've made Be Our Guest better when they were gonna open it in the first place. Like for instance they should've had a character dinner with both Belle and The Beast doing character interactions and Belle would've signed autographs with guests and every hour have a dance similar to what Goofy's Kitchen at Disneyland did with having the guests dance the Macarena and it would've been a hit. But I think that the problem with Be Our Guest is they should've offered less expensive food and have more French food. Because you can go to your local deli and get the same sandwiches for less money. And why Be Our Guest is listed as a character meal is beyond me? Because the only character you see is The Beast and he doesn't sign autographs with guests and guests can only take photos with The Beast. What Be Our Guest could've done is have a stage where the Enchanted Objects would perform in a Chuck E. Cheese's style show performing Be Our Guest and other Beauty And The Beast songs. But I think for people who are Beauty And The Beast fans Be Our Guest is a disappointment for fans expecting to have a big meal like Belle does in the movie. And what I think could be better is if Epcot had a Beauty And The Beast restaurant in the France pavilion of World Showcase and it would be a character meal if it were to exist

We went in the early days and had QS breakfast. I had the same thought as OP - it seems like there should be SOMETHING going on with all the hype - but no. I thought I was missing something because we went for breakfast. I guess that had nothing to do with it - there really was nothing going on. 🤷‍♂️
I don't know if it was just a random bit of magic or an idea they were playing with at the time, but I had lunch there during the soft opening and a cast member asked me to dance. I declined, much to self conscious. All these years later I kinda wish I hadn't.

It’s expensive like all the prices fixe menus at Disney. Don’t think the food is nearly as bad as this thread is making it out to be. Above average overall. And a really cool venue and theming (which is what Disney is really about).

Was there last night for the first time. Definitely the best meal we’ve had in the 7 days we’ve been on property. Expensive for sure but a beautiful venue. The food was orders of magnitude better than the Cinderella’s castle meal we had the first day.

They're charging character meal prices here without the characters. That really affects the value. We won't be back any time soon.
The Beast is there.

Also, the special effects in the West Wing are enough for me to justify the cost.

I've been back when you fought for the PPO option and dinner with actually meeting the Beast, I've also been with the new way. I, more than anything, really just miss the breakfast option (I loved that particular croissant donut!). I've eaten in every room and while I enjoyed the West Wing, it was also a pain to not be able to see clearly what I was eating (but I have an astigmatism so YMMV) and the others just didn't feel as memorable in comparison.

But yeah, there's really no bang for your buck anymore with it. You don't get any kind of perk and it just doesn't feel special especially not when for a bit more you can have multiple princesses at CRT.

The Beast walks through. You can barely even see him from some tables. That’s not a character meal.
BOG is not listed as a character meal. There's also no description of seeing the Beast on their site. The Beast is just a bonus.

And why Be Our Guest is listed as a character meal is beyond me? Because the only character you see is The Beast and he doesn't sign autographs with guests and guests can only take photos with The Beast.
I'd like to put this assumption to rest. BOG is not advertised as a character meal. The Beast's appearance is a bonus.

I've been back when you fought for the PPO option and dinner with actually meeting the Beast, I've also been with the new way. I, more than anything, really just miss the breakfast option (I loved that particular croissant donut!). I've eaten in every room and while I enjoyed the West Wing, it was also a pain to not be able to see clearly what I was eating (but I have an astigmatism so YMMV) and the others just didn't feel as memorable in comparison.

But yeah, there's really no bang for your buck anymore with it. You don't get any kind of perk and it just doesn't feel special especially not when for a bit more you can have multiple princesses at CRT.
Does the Beast no longer do photos with diners at the end of their meals?

Does the Beast no longer do photos with diners at the end of their meals?
He hasn't since Covid. He does a quick walk through the dining room (emphasis on quick) and that's it.

He hasn't since Covid. He does a quick walk through the dining room (emphasis on quick) and that's it.
Gee, now he’s NEVER going to feel the pleasure’s of True Love’s Kiss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter