• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be Our Guest - How long from check in to food?

kizzle

Mouseketeer
Hey I managed to bag two days at ‘Be our Guest’ but will most likely have to give one up.

I got check times - 16:10 and 18:40

How long is it roughly from checking in will you be sat down to Dinner?

Last year I only managed to get a time of 20:00, I didn’t go inside till 21:00 because of the backlog of diners still at the table

But this year I got earlier times and it’s hard to predict when your going to be hungry lol

So Dinner starts at 16:00

A time of 16:10 I would imagine I be sat down almost immediate after check in?

As 18:40 all tables maybe be occupied and you may have to wait till a table comes free even though you checked in?

My ideal time would be 17:00 lol

Anyone with Be Our Guest experience know what it is like to wait around those times?

Im pretty sure it varies daily. Ive been to BOG for breakfast and dinner, each a different day, with no wait at all. Ive been to other restaurants on different trips and sometimes I wait, sometimes I dont. (Epcot we usually have dinner at 7:30 (19:30) on every trip, mostly to San Angle Inn. In 2017, we waited about 40 minutes. Other times, we were sat immediately or waited 10 minutes.

At my BOG dinner, 18:00, we sat down immediately. It was probably 20 minutes by the time we got our appetizers. We were a party of 3.

Im pretty sure it varies daily. Ive been to BOG for breakfast and dinner, each a different day, with no wait at all. Ive been to other restaurants on different trips and sometimes I wait, sometimes I dont. (Epcot we usually have dinner at 7:30 (19:30) on every trip, mostly to San Angle Inn. In 2017, we waited about 40 minutes. Other times, we were sat immediately or waited 10 minutes.

At my BOG dinner, 18:00, we sat down immediately. It was probably 20 minutes by the time we got our appetizers. We were a party of 3.

Haha usually I don’t mind when we have dinners but it’s in my party fussy if we eat too early and cranky if there waiting to eat!

I think I will have to flip a coin and let the Gods decide

Either way I will get it wrong lol

Either way I will get it wrong lol

Haha! If you have a wife, this might be the only time you are right!

If your reservation is at 4:10, you can arrive at 4:20 without any problems or explaining to do, then tell the staff you all need to use the restroom before being seated.

My first time on the castle, we walked around taking photos of everything. We did this after our meal, but if one person stays at the table, the others can take photos. When the waitstaff comes to take your order, the person at the table can let them know your are not ready yet. Then when he'she comes again, just order drinks and tell them you are still deciding on your entree. This should buy you a good 20 minutes...so right there you are at 4:50ish.

Haha! If you have a wife, this might be the only time you are right!

If your reservation is at 4:10, you can arrive at 4:20 without any problems or explaining to do, then tell the staff you all need to use the restroom before being seated.

My first time on the castle, we walked around taking photos of everything. We did this after our meal, but if one person stays at the table, the others can take photos. When the waitstaff comes to take your order, the person at the table can let them know your are not ready yet. Then when he'she comes again, just order drinks and tell them you are still deciding on your entree. This should buy you a good 20 minutes...so right there you are at 4:50ish.
And these are the kind of reasons Restaurants get backed up

I managed to bag two days at ‘Be our Guest’ but will most likely have to give one up.

I got check times - 16:10 and 18:40

How long is it roughly from checking in will you be sat down to Dinner?

When are you going? If it's after July 27, then any experience you get now will be invalid since dinner changes to a completely new prix fix 3 course dinner after July 27.

I ate at BOG for lunch in August 2017. We pre-ordered online so our line was--well, it wasn't even a line! We walked up to cast member and checked in. We immediately found a table in the ballroom. From check-in to sit down at the table, it took maybe 5 minutes tops. It didn't take very long for our food to arrive either. The whole lunch was a quick process! I definitely recommend pre-ordering online because the pre-order "line" was nonexistent compared to those waiting to order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter