Be Our Guest - fav meal and why?

alon86

PHM - Feb 2022! First runDisney!
I have reservations booked for breakfast, lunch and dinner at BOG, and trying to decide which to use and which to cancel. We will be on the dining plan.... 2 adults and 2 kids (11, 7). We missed our reservation time there on the last trip (totally my fault - we arrived after they shut down for lunch and prior to dinner) and I really want to experience it this time!

Which is your favorite meal there?

The other option we have that day is CRT - either for lunch or dinner. I'm leaning towards doing that for dinner, because it's a better use of the 2 table credits that I would be charged there for lunch. Unless BOG dinner is so great we should do that instead?

I've only done breakfast at BOG, and I love it on the dining plan. I wouldn't use 2 table service credits for either meal (BOG Dinner or CRT). It's better to pay OOP for those.

I forgot BOG is also 2 TS credits... well I have it worked out that we can use 2 for that meal and still have the rest of the trip covered on our credits (we have a villa so several meals in room).

Last edited:

Some will knock it, but I've had two dinners at BOG and both were spectacular. One was before the prix fixe menu and one was after. On the current menu, I had the steak and it was great, though the stand-out was the french onion soup. I haven't had lunch there in a while, and while I found it to be good it wasn't necessarily that special compared to other options out there.

Last edited:
We have only had dinner at BOG before it became prix fixe and after and absolutely love it!

We have done dinner several times. We have never been there on the DDP. We have paid OOP, and felt it was worth the money.
Escargot and Lobster Bisque for appetizers.
The lamb and filet were very good. The scallops were as good as anywhere we have tried at the park and elsewhere.

I like lunch.
Simply for this reason:

I swear it's one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. Plus, it's a QS credit instead,
I agree. You get a TS ambiance (inside that really awesome-sauce castle) for the price of a QS.
My family doesn't really care for it, but they go once every trip for me. It's their act of love to sit in the castle and eat that "weird food" and listen to me gush over the awesome castle.

I have done breakfast , lunch and dinner at BOG at least twice. Here are my thoughts:

BREAKFAST: It is really expensive for what you get. You are paying about $25 for eggs and bacon and pastries. But, it can get you into MK early if you book it before the park opens. And, if you have the dining plan, it is a great use of a quick service credit. Other wise, it is a lot of money for breakfast.

LUNCH: This is the best price wise! These reservations are SOOOO HARD to get! The food is good!!! This is the best deal in my opinion.

DINNER
: The beast is there ! You can do meet and greets /photos with him after dinner! Woohoo! But it is really expensive!! And the food is heavy for a theme park. I dont feel like riding a lot after a big meal like that. Some places a t Disney make me want to keep going back. having been here twice, I will probably never do dinner at BOG again {mostly for the price}.

Id do BOG for breakfast or lunch and then CRT for dinner if it was me.

I agree with many of the above posters.
We have had all 3, go for lunch it's your best value at the QS meal and the food is good.
Dinner although we have always enjoyed our meals is an OOP for us when we have had the DP. Without drinking expensive alcohol you simply won't reach the 2 credit $90.00.
CRT is a right of passage, but at $75.00 it's easier to hit the mark, but the food isn't very good.

We love lunch at BOG because it's the best QS deal on the dining plan, and even with the crowds that theming makes for a great mid-day break. I get the French Dip and the wife gets the Tuna Nicoise salad.

I like lunch. The French dip is great and it's not crazy expensive.
We used to do dinner before it changed to 2TS/signature and enjoyed it. It doesn't seem worth the increase in price, though. I do my expensive meal at Tiffins.
Breakfast is great on the DDP, but terrible OOP. I'm just not that big on breakfast.

I love PPO breakfast (on the dining plan). Walking into Fantasyland with hardly anyone else there and getting to ride 7DMT is awesome. We got 3 rides in before rope drop on Saturday. The food is also good IMO - love the croque madame!

Before the changed from 1 credit to 2 there was good diner choices that we liked and were good value. However diner has gone to 2 credits and prix fare so choice is worse and meal not worth the two credits unless you value meeting the Beast allot.

Lunch is the one still worth it. Try for west wing even if you have to wait.

Never did breakfast but friends said not worth the cost.

I love PPO breakfast (on the dining plan). Walking into Fantasyland with hardly anyone else there and getting to ride 7DMT is awesome. We got 3 rides in before rope drop on Saturday. The food is also good IMO - love the croque madame!
This Saturday? I thought I’d read on other threads that the PPO diners only get to line up a bit earlier, and usually only have a slight advantage over the RD crowds. Is that no longer the case? If I could get in multiple rides, that could be a game changer.

We’ve been 3 times and each time breakfast PPO was a must. Totally worth it if on the dining plan!

I have had lunch and dinner at BOG-dinner was by far the best. We thought it was worth 2 table service credits. The filet we all had was wonderful. We each got different appetizers, and loved them. We had escargot, the charcuterie board, and the lobster bisque. We liked being able to order wine with the meal. All the desserts were good as well. We thought this was a much better meal than Brown Derby, where we paid out of pocket. The Beast being formally presented as he walks through the rooms is an elegant touch and impressive. Being able to meet him after dinner was also special. It made the castle seem empty at lunch.

This Saturday? I thought I’d read on other threads that the PPO diners only get to line up a bit earlier, and usually only have a slight advantage over the RD crowds. Is that no longer the case? If I could get in multiple rides, that could be a game changer.
It COMPLETELY depends on the day, and can not be counted on. I have done it 4 times. 1 time we got 2 rides in before rope drop. One time the ride was down. 2 times we were held at the wall until the opening show was over, and let in line right before the rope drop crowd, so we walked on to the first train, but would not have been able to get a second ride before the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter