Be Our Guest.. errr.. no thanks!! Day 4 of the Toffs! MK

ToffPrincess

Mouseketeer
Be Our Guest, Jungle Navigation Co Ltd Skipper Canteen, The rest of the family arrives & 1900PF

Last night DH aka Grandpa slept through the fireworks AGAIN. So DS and I snuggled on the bed and watched them alone. The noises scare him so we don’t use the balcony. It was a gorgeous show last night. We had room service which was lovely. The Chicken Noodle soup was perfect.
Our view is so perfect I’m actually a bit nervous about returning to Main Building Club Level Theme Park View in 5 months time. I can’t imagine it being nearly as good as this room!!

Today is a bit of weird day for us all. DS is not in the greatest mood, DH is ‘tired but not tired’ thanks for the amazing communication on your feelings my love (eye roll) and the weather is overcast and a bit drizzly. We get to MK very early with out new magic bands. I maintain DH is more Grumpy Dwarf than Hercules but you know.. ego. DS has Olaf and I have a Princess one. I’m starting to prefer my Magic Band to my usual Rolex.. could the snob in me be softening?? We take a few family photos on main street and proceed to the world famous Be Our Guest restaurant.

Be Our Guest- I’d Rather Not, Thanks
I am sorry but I feel a bit confused.. what is it about this place that has everyone going so crazy?! How on earth is this a cult place? It is terrible. The staff are rude and I mean SO rude. They have long faces and bark sharply at you. We had never been before and our server actually yelled at us twice. Once when I asked where the cutlery was and once when I asked where I could find juice for DS. I wanted to complain but couldn’t find anyone to complain to so we just decided to leave our half eaten meals and leave. The food was lousy. Really lousy. The self-service drinks section was filthy and a mess. The inside of the castle is no doubt beautiful though and DS recognised all the characters on the walls and the rose from the movie. A highlight was when he pointed at the best and said ‘Daddy it’s you and that’s Mummy’ for Belle. That’s my boy!

Because we left the disaster breakfast early we were first to enter Peter Pan’s Flight. Imagine that ride with NO queue! Heaven!! DH said it may just be his favourite ride.

As we left the queues started and by the time we got back to the stroller people were running to get there. Seven Dwarfs queue was so long it practically left the land. All this and the Park just opened.. WOW! We then went to Tomorrowland Speedway which has turned out to be DS's favourite ride even though he can barely look over the steering wheel. Never a long queue here, I told DH we should do it for DS each time we come to MK. Then we used our FP for Pirates and then did the Jungle Cruise before heading to Main Street to take the train around the park. When we had finished that.. it was time for a bit of a shop where I bought yet more Minnie Ears and gifts. Fresh cookies for DS (& Mummy) and it was time for lunch.

Jungle Navigation Co Ltd Skipper Canteen
Another thing I learn from Steve at The Dis Unplugged is that this amazing place exsists.. We tried the Steamed Dumplings (10/10 delicious could have ordered another portion) Hot & Sour soup, Noodles in broth with Duck & the Grilled Prawns with rice. DS had Mac & Cheese and it was by far the best Mac n’ Cheese we came across these last few days. What a Again I would say starters are probably better than mains but a very, very good meal!! 7/10 easily! 8/10 if it was just starters. I adore the theme for this restaurant. They have done such good job with the interior it is one of my favourites at MK.

DH was still being a total buzzkill and was still ‘tired’ even though he has slept more than anyone else so we head back to the hotel to rest before my family arrive. Wasted our lovely Barnstormer and Meet Rapunzal FastPasses. DH in my bad books for that.

And that’s where we are now. Chilled out evening for us again today as we wait for the rest of our group to arrive..ending with a dinner at 1900PF!

Next day HERE
Yesterdays report here

Last edited:
UPDATE- 1900 Park Fare Dinner- Best customer service EVER!!

So now that we are a party of 5 we decided to have dinner at 1900PF again. DS was ecstatic. He is obsessed with Cinderella and loves the step-sisters. The food as usual was excellent but there was one problem, one hour 15 min in.. no characters. I mean they were there but weirdly they kept missing us. DS was on the verge of tears as they kept walking past him and then all in one go they vanished from the room. I was furious. I mean its Character dining. It was now 90 minutes in and we had eaten and were ready to go and there wasn't a single character that spoke to DS or landed at our table and now they had all left there room on a break. I asked our server again where they were and she said 'they'll be back in a minute' which is what she had been saying the last 25 minutes.

I asked a manager to come over and I explained what happened with the characters and how they had now vanished for their break. She was very apologetic and couldn't figure out how it happened as she explained they have some sort of floor plan they follow. 5 minutes later I was told there was a surprise for DS. He and I followed the server outside and THE WHOLE group of characters.. Cindarella, Prince Charming, Anastasia, Drizella & Stepmother were there waiting for him to take a special photo with him pride and centre in the garden of the GF. He flew between those step-sisters faster than a rocket!! They were all so nice to him and patient so he got a good photo. He had such a grin on his face the whole time.

Thank you 1900PF you made that little boy the happiest boy in the world and fixed the issue in a way only Disney can! 10/10

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter