Be Our Guest Breakfast

jkstewart1800

DIS Veteran
So there is no more be our guest breakfast? I tried looking at times for early morning breakfast and it showed it opened at 10am! No more does it have 8am breakfast?
Anyone know what happened?

Both QS breakfast and lunch were discontinued several years ago. Most likely, too many people were ordering no more than a pastry and drink just to get a look inside the place.

I think the last breakfast we had there was in '18, possibly '17.

It's now a prix fixe lunch and dinner there, same menu for both. That explains why it doesn't open until a very early 10:00 lunch.

ETA: Huh. I just saw a couple of blogs saying that there have recently been apparent test runs for a prix fixe brunch menu at BOG. These bloggers speculated that opening an hour earlier likely suggests they're considering the brunch menu that other places like GF Cafe have had post-covid reopening.

Last edited:
oh! I was there summer of 2019 and we had breakfast before the park opened. I was hoping to do that again this time around. Thanks!

We really liked both the breakfast and lunch for a few years after they were offered, then quality and service went dramatically downhill.

If there was anything missing or unsatisfactory, you practically had to find and tackle a server to get it dealt with.

That and mediocre dinners chilled us on ever returning. The prix fixe menus determined it for us.

Loved the breakfast there, it would be great if it comes back in some form!

Lunch there used to be a must-do for us-- love love love the West Wing and the sneezy knights in the queue. Was so bummed when Disney mandated the prix fixe menus. As a vegetarian, it's just impossible to justify the cost.

We also ate lunch at BOG back in 2019 under the old menu. Wasn't impressed and thought the food was very average. You stand in a stuffy hallwall waiting your turn to order at a computer screen kiosk. The Disney people seemed annoyed everyone was taking so long to order but for most it was probably their first time looking at a multi-page menu. Likely if you work there you have the menus memorized but surprised me they seemed so annoyed with peole taking time trying to find things on the menu. You then help yourself to beverages/silverware and find you own seating. They bring you your food when it is ready. Apparently some of that has changed with that pricey fixed menu Disney now uses at several park restaurants. The hall where you eat was nothing special and seemed like it was time for a cleaning. Some clearly seem to think more highly of it then any of us did.

I think at least part of the reason they eliminated breakfast a few years ago was people found it a way to 'game' the park opening time and get ahead of everyone else waiting for the park to open. Personally, I don't think any park restaurant serving breakfast should allow you early park access. When you are done eating, you should have to wait until the park opens for everyone else before being allowed to wander about or try to be the first in line for various popular rides. That would put an end to that scheme. BOG is near the back of the park with one popular ride nearby.

Even before they introduced that pricey new fixed menu, we had crossed it off our list of future restaurants and have no plans to eat there again.

We ate breakfast a few times before they raised the price way too high. If they had only enforced the prix fixe at the lower price they wouldn't have needed to raise it.

We did the dinner once, very disappointed. It was literally no different than lunch other than we told a server what we wanted vs pre-ordering or using the kiosks.

We ate lunch there every trip. The food was better than the rest of the quick serve in MK, the heavier meals could be used as our dinner. We enjoyed the atmosphere (not the Rose Gallery) that was part of the movie and it was a nice way to have a leisurely lunch. Sad it didn't return but I get it. As long as they can fill it with prix fixe they will.

We also ate lunch at BOG back in 2019 under the old menu. Wasn't impressed and thought the food was very average. You stand in a stuffy hallwall waiting your turn to order at a computer screen kiosk. The Disney people seemed annoyed everyone was taking so long to order but for most it was probably their first time looking at a multi-page menu. Likely if you work there you have the menus memorized but surprised me they seemed so annoyed with peole taking time trying to find things on the menu. You then help yourself to beverages/silverware and find you own seating. They bring you your food when it is ready. Apparently some of that has changed with that pricey fixed menu Disney now uses at several park restaurants.
I will admit to being a guest that was very annoyed by the guests who stood there forever placing their order. There was no excuse for it. Not only could they have looked at the menu in advance or on their phone in line BUT the hallway (that was full of cool knights and decor, knights who were enchanted, not just standing there) but there were menus placed every so many feet on digital podiums for guests to study before they got to the kiosk. And if a guest was not tech savvy, not comfortable with kiosk, they could just ask for the CM at the register just like any other QS.

armor-hall.jpg

arm118974SMALL.jpg

The hall where you eat was nothing special and seemed like it was time for a cleaning. Some clearly seem to think more highly of it then any of us did.
While I don't appreciate the Rose Gallery because it's not in the movie, it is still a pretty room. The Ballroom (hall) is stunning with so many details, beautifully painted ceiling and even falling snow outside the windows. The West Wing is quite impressive. The restaurant is far above in decor than other QS - which is maybe why is is TS only now.

We were among the first groups to dine at BOG. The technology of "touching the screen and having the food rolled to your table without talking to a server" was years ahead of its time and seemed like magic back then. Unfortunately we had to stop going due to the consistently chaotic environment in the dining halls.

However, we ate there last week and had a wonderful experience. It was still busy but the noise level had gone way down. We were able to have a relaxing meal and explore other parts of the "castle". If it stays this way, we would love to return.

Having never been to BOG, I’m definitely putting it on our list to book on one of our MK days, just to give it a try. The ambience looks too cool to not have at least eaten there once!

ETA: Huh. I just saw a couple of blogs saying that there have recently been apparent test runs for a prix fixe brunch menu at BOG. These bloggers speculated that opening an hour earlier likely suggests they're considering the brunch menu that other places like GF Cafe have had post-covid reopening.
Hey @Her Dotness , if you hear more about this will you please post it here? I want a BOG BF for a late summer trip if it's possible. I'm going to put a temporary placeholder in our plans but if BF resumes at BOG we will switch. Thank you!

From what I had surmised about the BoG brunch, it's pretty much just a menu substitution. Basically, instead of ordering the steak entree, you're ordering the eggs benedict, or whatever their brunch option is. It's no change in price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter