flighttoneverland

Earning My Ears
So my 60 day mark to book dining reservations was today and I was up since 5:30AM refreshing the Disney website to book Be Our Guest for my birthday dinner. Thank God I succeeded, however, I noticed today that there’s a $308 charge on my credit card. I remember seeing in the reservation page that there would be a hold on that card but I didn’t wanna risk losing the perfect time slot and brushed it off to continue booking.
I’m going with my parents and 12 year old brother. Am I being charged in advance for the dinner or is this just a temporary charge to make sure my credit card goes through?

...I am trying to remember but it seems like it is considered a Hold and isn’t processed charge until you arrive for your reservation or if you are a No Show... maybe they keep it open to add tip? Do you think that price reflects the auto tip? Hope somebody has current Disney policy.

I booked a BOG dinner for 3 and I didn't get a hold - as far as I know, CRT should be the only ADR where you prepay for the whole meal. That's really weird! On your transaction history, does it say it's from Disney?

I just made a dinner reservation for 2 at BOG on Thursday. I don’t have a charge or hold showing on my credit card. We also ate there in April & paid at he end of the meal, like you normally do.

Did you get a confirmation email? This is from mine:

Credit Card Guarantee
Your Visa ending in XXXX is being used to guarantee your reservation. It will only be charged in the event that your party does not arrive as scheduled. To keep from being charged, please cancel your reservation within the allotted cancellation period.

Last edited:

I made reservations for BOG a couple weeks back. I do not recall any charges coming through at the time.

Sometimes they pre-charge for special events, like California Grill on New Years Eve. Is there something special you booked on July 4th?

Another reminder ... the cancel policy is different time period to allow cancel w/ No Penalty.
I know the regular dining reservations state 24 hr advance cancel up to midnight before
But I am pretty sure it might be a 48 hr.advance notice or maybe stricter than that for the dining event reservations.

So my 60 day mark to book dining reservations was today and I was up since 5:30AM refreshing the Disney website to book Be Our Guest for my birthday dinner. Thank God I succeeded, however, I noticed today that there’s a $308 charge on my credit card. I remember seeing in the reservation page that there would be a hold on that card but I didn’t wanna risk losing the perfect time slot and brushed it off to continue booking.
I’m going with my parents and 12 year old brother. Am I being charged in advance for the dinner or is this just a temporary charge to make sure my credit card goes through?
Did you contact Disney? We’re all wanting to hear this was straightened out to your satisfaction!

If 4 people are going and the charge is $62 pp, the $308 charge is mathematically wrong. Sounds like you need to make a call if the charge is not removed, I e no longer pending

That’s interesting....

$62 x 4ppl = $248
248 x 24% = $59.52
(24% = 6% tax + 18% gratuity pre-tax)
$248 + $59.52 = $307.52

When rounded to nearest dollar = $308

It appears that OP hasn’t been back to DISboards since shortly after starting this thread. If they don’t come back, we may never know what happened…. :(

So I actually just tested this: I got an alert for a BOG reservation for 3. I went through the process, used the card I had on file on my MDE, and received the confirmation number. So far, no pending charge!

OP, if you're still around, definitely call because that should NOT have happened. CRT is - and has been - the only prepaid ADR, and I haven't heard of any news about BOG being the next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter