• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be afraid...be very afraid...

Chester's Mum

DIS Veteran
Anyone else out there like me?

Have travelled to The World almost every year since 1987 (married 1 year no kids no mortgage). I always stayed in bargain accommodations offsite (there were some great bargains in Orlando in the 90's). One year I decided to call disney (I think it was in 2004), just for the heck of it. POFQ looked intriguing to me and I figured I could never affor to stay there. Well as it so happened I got a CAA/AAA discount, and had my first onsite stay in May 2004 (8 nights onsite then 5 or 6 offsite at the Hawthorne suites). There was no turning back. Next stay; January 2006, 10 nights CSR, awesome. Then May 2007 came along; 7 nights All Stars package with the dining plan, 6 nights CSR, 3 nights Contemporary Magic Kingdom view ($100 off a night). While there I looked longingly at the DVC booths, but was afraid to approach for fear of a hard sell. (As if it would take a hard sell to convince me!) I stayed strong.

Then when I got back home I started looking at the dvc boards, and the timeshare store. Well, I bought a small resale (60 pts) and now I have a reservation booked for March 2008. Now I'm trying to figure out how I can afford to add on.

Where does it all end. Will I be a disney zombie before long?

I have gone on my second trip and have my third scheduled. I have decided that I will go every year and on my next trip I will check inot DVC. I don't think it does end, but if it makes you happy then there is no reason to be afraid.:goodvibes

We did three trips off site before trying on-site "just this one time". We also were hooked and could only stay on-site after that. Last year we bought into DVC and this year took our first DVC trip. Now we're trying to resist adding on more points. It is so easy to get sucked in...:rotfl2:

We finally just had to move within driving distance....

And we still have our DVC at OKW that we look forward to staying at every year!

Well when we go in Nov. IT WILL BE OUR 3RD TRIP THIS YEAR. WOOHOOOO. LOL It will be our 2nd DVC stay. We bought in Jan. on our very last day of our trip. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT....COMPLETELY HOOKED AND have already planned my Jan. trip. We aren't staying on points for that trip but we are going again Jan. 08. Can never get enough. :cool1:

:welcome: to the dark side:darth: We are so happy that you could join us. You have come to the understanding that the power is strong with this one and you will become a zombie in a children of the corn sort of way.
Must go to Disney, must use my points, must return to Disney, must buy more points :rotfl2:

Sincerely,

::MickeyMo

:rotfl2: It never ends! From now on your head will be filled with thoughts of adding on. It's unavoidable, you just have to go with it! :rotfl2:

When we took my DD(age 3) this year and it was her 4th trip, it was evident we needed DVC. We purchased at AKV knowing we'd want to add on in the next few years. My DH was against it, but now that we have purchased, he is so glad we did!:thumbsup2

Well, I can tell you that after 10 years of owning, we are still going 2-3 times a year and still adding on points!

You are sucked in never to leave. The boards suck you in more and more you shall never leave your life is over its time to take a 2nd mortgage out on the house to buy DVC:happytv:

I haven't even taken my first DVC trip yet and am already thinking of how I will use my next tax refund to add on points!:flower3:

Yes indeed. First we took the Disney tour and had no idea how we could ever spend 150 pts.

Used them all and borrowed all the next years pts
Bought another 100 at SSR
Used all of those and borrowed all the next years
Bought another 75 at BWV
Used all those....
Bought another 100 at AKL

Wait until you take your first stay in a 1 BR.....washers, dryers. kitchen. jac tub. 2 balconies, 2 TV's......

Wait till you take your friends and you are the "king of the Dinsey World"

You have no idea

Have travelled to The World almost every year since 1987 (married 1 year no kids no mortgage). I always stayed in bargain accommodations offsite (there were some great bargains in Orlando in the 90's). One year I decided to call disney (I think it was in 2004), just for the heck of it. POFQ looked intriguing to me and I figured I could never affor to stay there. Well as it so happened I got a CAA/AAA discount, and had my first onsite stay in May 2004 (8 nights onsite then 5 or 6 offsite at the Hawthorne suites). There was no turning back. Next stay; January 2006, 10 nights CSR, awesome. Then May 2007 came along; 7 nights All Stars package with the dining plan, 6 nights CSR, 3 nights Contemporary Magic Kingdom view ($100 off a night). While there I looked longingly at the DVC booths, but was afraid to approach for fear of a hard sell. (As if it would take a hard sell to convince me!) I stayed strong.

Then when I got back home I started looking at the dvc boards, and the timeshare store. Well, I bought a small resale (60 pts) and now I have a reservation booked for March 2008. Now I'm trying to figure out how I can afford to add on.

Fortunately it does not end.:cool1:

Just don't stay in a 1 bedroom! I bought thinking 100 points would be just fine for a 5 night studio stay every year. :rotfl: :rotfl:

We finally just had to move within driving distance....

And we still have our DVC at OKW that we look forward to staying at every year!

I feel stupid for asking, but what is OKW? Also I heard a rumor that they are going to have DVC at CR. Does anyone know about this? I really want to check into DVC and on my next trip to WDW I will check out one of their villas.

I haven't even taken my first DVC trip yet and am already thinking of how I will use my next tax refund to add on points!:flower3:

:lmao: That wouldn't be a bad idea except we are so-o out of points we need the tax refund to pay for our cash ressie next July!:rotfl2: Working on DH REAL hard to pick up a little add-on tho.....just a little tiny one....enough to cover our fix next July pre-cruise....just a few more points....I keep saying "come on, just a few more"!:goodvibes DVC points are like Lays Potato Chips - you can't have just one!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter