BCV vs BWV?

snyderla

<font color=red>DVC Lori<br><font color=navy>DH lo
DH & I are going to spend 2 weeks at WDW next August to celebrate our anniversary. We will stay the 1 week at SSR, then 2 nights at Poly, then switch to either BCV or BWV for 5 nights. What are everyone's opinions on the differences between the 2. We will probably swim, since it will be so hot. Is the BCV swimming area full of kids, or do adults use them too? Do both resorts have quiet pools? We will most likley go to Jellyroll's while there, and walk to DS & EPCOT some, we have walked from one to the other before. We will eat breakfast in our rooms most of the time, then other meals out. Thank you for any opinions...

Lori

The BWV's have the better pool bar.

Both resorts have quiet pools, if you're looking for a quiet pool with fewer kids, that seems to be at the BCV. The BWV quiet pool is right next to Community Hall, which is a great place for kids to go and play games and then go swimming. At the BCV most of the kids want to be at SAB. But even at SAB there are some more tranquil areas.

Both resorts are great (we own at both) but the BWV's have always been our favorite.

HBC

IMHO go with the BW if you can get a BW View, if not go with BCV. Both are great regardless.

BCV has excess to 3 quiet pools - one at the BCV, BC and YC.

plus SALB.

I like the pool bar better at WL/VWL than any of the others.

snyderla said:
DH & I are going to spend 2 weeks at WDW next August to celebrate our anniversary. We will stay the 1 week at SSR, then 2 nights at Poly, then switch to either BCV or BWV for 5 nights. What are everyone's opinions on the differences between the 2. We will probably swim, since it will be so hot. Is the BCV swimming area full of kids, or do adults use them too? Do both resorts have quiet pools? We will most likley go to Jellyroll's while there, and walk to DS & EPCOT some, we have walked from one to the other before. We will eat breakfast in our rooms most of the time, then other meals out. Thank you for any opinions...

Lori

I hope I didn't make it sound like I don't like kids, I do. I have kids & grandkids. It's just that it will be just me & hubby for 2 weeks. Thanks for the input so far!

spiceycat said:

Sounds like we might have to do a poll SC;)

Do OKW and SSR have pool bars?

HBC

I know SSR does, I saw it last week. I also went to the main pool at OKW, but I don't remember if there was a bar there???

Lori

OKW's regular bar, Gurgling Suitcase is right near the pool, and I know they put drinks in plastic cups to go.

You will be happy at either. Both are great resorts. We prefer BCV but that is a personal preference for the BC/YC/BCV theming, SAB and proximity to B&C.

They're both great. BCV can pool hop to BWV, but BWV can't poolhop to BCV. BWV is closer to Jellyrolls, but it's still only a 6-8min walk to BCV at night.(depends on how much :drinking1 ) BCV has gelato, BWV has the bakery. Yup, it's a toss up. F.W.I.W. the quiet pool this past August at the BCV was never very crowded. You'll have fun at either place :goodvibes

We are members at both BCV and BWV. I prefer the BCV and DH prefers the BWV. It is really a toss up, they are both great. You would not be disappointed with either.

I find that BWV seems to be more adult. That's not to say there aren't kids runnng around..there are. It just seems to be less frenetic. I stayed at BCV in June and it was fine. I would stay there again..probably in late Nov if my waitlist doesn't come through. But I prefer BWV. I like the theming, the feel...pretty much everything. Kind of the same way those that prefer BCV feel about their home resort. There is no right or wrong...just personal pref. Of course, BCV does have the new Marketplace area. We enjoyed the ease of refilling our mugs there...not nearly as easy at BWV!! That's a plus.

spiceycat said:

The bartender makes a MEAN Bloody Mary there! Enjoyed a few, relaxed with an awesome view of the Lodge from the Trout Pass Pool bar area. They also make some specialty drinks there which sounded delicious! :) :) :drinking1

jiggerj said:
The bartender makes a MEAN Bloody Mary there! Enjoyed a few, relaxed with an awesome view of the Lodge from the Trout Pass Pool bar area. They also make some specialty drinks there which sounded delicious! :) :) :drinking1

I love Bloody Mary's, I will have to get one there. Where else has anyone found great Bloody Mary's in DW? I really do not like the frozen alcoholic drinks at the bar/concession stand at SAB.

Patty3 said:
I love Bloody Mary's, I will have to get one there. Where else has anyone found great Bloody Mary's in DW? I really do not like the frozen alcoholic drinks at the bar/concession stand at SAB.

You can get a great Wasabi Bloody Mary at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. I'm sure they serve the same one at 'Ohana and Tambu Lounge. Nice little kick to it.

We haven't stayed at BWV yet but two reasons we prefer BCV are the ease and proximity of self parking and the quiet feel of the BCV area. The entire Boardwalk is too busy for us although the units look beautiful.

Yes, lots of adults use SAB. :flower:

BCV23 said:
You can get a great Wasabi Bloody Mary at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. I'm sure they serve the same one at 'Ohana and Tambu Lounge. Nice little kick to it.

Thanks, we have an ADR at the Kona in December. I will definitely have one while dining there.

We own at BWV and if it gets crowded at luna pool and the quiet pool by comm hall we go to the pool on the BW Inn side. It's pretty qiuet there too. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter