BCV recently? What to expect

Tiffer

DIS Veteran
Hello: Has anyone stayed at BCV in the last few weeks? If so, what can we expect to be different (other than housekeeping services)? Thanks !

I'd like to know this a;so I'm especially interested in the Marketplace Do you have to do Mobile Order? Or can you go in and order there?

We were there in Mid-October. Housekeeping is exactly the way it is for DVC resort. Every four days, but they collect the trash daily to make sure you aren't sex trafficking in the room. You can mobile order at the Marketplace or place an order at the check out desk (not the food counter, but where you pay for items you are purchasing).

Was at BCV a few weeks ago. They now have CM's in the BCV lobby during the day to help, which was nice. 5th floor balcony light was flickering, they fixed it right away. Aside from BC side being closed, it was a really nice trip. Was able to make a Mobile Order at the Marketplace without having to call my kids. Guess I've now crossed that technological hurdle. Got another unique Disney men's dress shirt at the Marketplace using the 30% AP discount (now back to 20%). There are no DVD players due to Covid.

Be there in a few weeks. How were check-in experiences? Early/on time/late?

Horrible. We got the message that our room wasn't quite ready around noon. By 4:20, we still hadn't heard, so we stopped by the desk in the BCV lobby. She checked with Housekeeping and we were told it was ready but the Housekeeping Supervisor hadn't checked it yet. Second time for that to happen (that time we just went around tapping our card key to every door until we got one that turned green and moved in anyway, but that was a long time ago). Then about five minutes later she told us our room number. We moved all our stuff into the room and about 15 minutes after that, we got the message to check with the front desk about our room assignment. We never got a room assignment message.

Here now. Great as always.

In room dining avail.

We stayed there about 10 days ago. We started in a studio, which wasn't available until after 6pm, then moved to a one bedroom that was available before noon.

So are the only guests using the BC Marketplace coming from the BCV? I'm hoping that the door outside the BC Marketplace is open Can the BCV guests access the Solarium to sit and eat breakfast or is the area closed off?

Solariium is open and very nice. Marketplace doors are open. Only exit on lobby side.

Horrible. We got the message that our room wasn't quite ready around noon. By 4:20, we still hadn't heard, so we stopped by the desk in the BCV lobby. She checked with Housekeeping and we were told it was ready but the Housekeeping Supervisor hadn't checked it yet. Second time for that to happen (that time we just went around tapping our card key to every door until we got one that turned green and moved in anyway, but that was a long time ago). Then about five minutes later she told us our room number. We moved all our stuff into the room and about 15 minutes after that, we got the message to check with the front desk about our room assignment. We never got a room assignment message.

Sorry about your experience - it does sound horrible.

But it does seem that for every horrible experience there is one or more extra special experiences.

I checked into BCV today. Got the room ready text at noon, and went to the room right away and found out that they upgraded me from a studio to a 1-bedroom. This is my 4th upgrade in 27 years.

ps: I did check my point balances, and all are correct.

Sorry about your experience - it does sound horrible.

But it does seem that for every horrible experience there is one or more extra special experiences.

I checked into BCV today. Got the room ready text at noon, and went to the room right away and found out that they upgraded me from a studio to a 1-bedroom. This is my 4th upgrade in 27 years.

ps: I did check my point balances, and all are correct.
How Lovely! Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter