BCV passing ROFR

Miss Piggy 1978

Earning My Ears
So I know that DVD closed the wait list for BCV as the list was so long. Does that mean that they are likely to exercise ROFR on most BCV resales to fulfil the wait list? Or does a closed wait list mean that there is no longer anyone on the list?

So I know that DVD closed the wait list for BCV as the list was so long. Does that mean that they are likely to exercise ROFR on most BCV resales to fulfil the wait list? Or does a closed wait list mean that there is no longer anyone on the list?

Neither really. The people on the waitlist might not match the size/UY of the contracts in ROFR. And I highly doubt the list is empty.

They will only buy the contract if the spread is large enough to create a sizeable profit for them in doing so. You'll notice there are no buybacks of VGF...their wait list is also closed, but the resale prices are only about $20/pt less than direct and it's not worth it to them to buy.

Disney closes the waitlists so buyers can't use that resort as an excuse to not buy. "I'm sorry, the waitlists on that property is closed and is three years long. Don't you want to start saving money right away? You can buy PVB today!"

It's all about the numbers with Disney. They have teams of bean counters directing them on what to do.

We have a 50 point contract in ROFR and was just thinking if there are lots of people on the wait list Disney could buy back all the BCV contracts going through ROFR & I would never be able to get one. But we had to pay such a high price for a stripped contract hopefully they won't be interested....

My 75 point BCV contract passed last month. It was on the high side based on other in the ROFR thread but also a smaller contract like yours.

I needn't have worried - we passed! Now just hope closing doesn't take too long as we are already in our 11 month window for booking!

Congrats! I am hoping to book for next Nov or Dec but we aren't scheduled to close until early January. Passed ROFR on 11/11.

I just passed $99/point for 350 BCV points, with a little over 100 used from 2016 allocation. I'm pretty shocked given recent BCV ROFR history.

Usually the larger contracts go for less per point since most buyers are looking for add-ons at this point given the deed expiration date and just market in general. Also, the higher point ones are more likely to be bought back since they can split it up. Remember, ROFR has a lot to do with the unit number and point availability as well as the cost. I noticed (from the ROFR thread) that your contract is stripped until 2017 which is another reason Disney probably didn't want it back. They'd have to hold it for at least an entire year before they could sell it since direct-sale contracts have points available immediately. (That's not required, but it's their policy which makes sense. It'd be tacky for Disney to sell a timeshare that "starts in a year and a half".)

The contract I bought has 81 points from 2017 borrowed into 2016, so while it works just fine for me, it'd be messy for them to resell:

ScubaCat---$99-$36,147-350-BCV-Feb-0/'15, 206/'16, 269/'17, sent 11/10, passed 12/11

They held it for 32 days, though, so they were probably trying to see if it would work for them and then finally gave up and passed on it. I figure that they could split it up and have 250 "clean" points and then use the rest as one-time use points or something, but I guess it was either too much hassle, risk, or they didn't need the specific unit number to fill anything on the wait list that the deed was for. I feel pretty fortunate because on the OCC site, I see deeds recorded in the past couple of weeks where they exercised ROFR for 300, 400, and 500 points respectively. Considering the long delay, this must have been sitting on a knife's edge and I eventually lucked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter