BCV mockup renovation room nearing completion.

One positive is that they don't have the fold down table on the Murphy bed. They've kept a separate table and chairs. Now why couldn't they do that at VWL and BWV? :sad2:

One positive is that they don't have the fold down table on the Murphy bed. They've kept a separate table and chairs. Now why couldn't they do that at VWL and BWV? :sad2:

I am not so sure about this. The original photos shows hardware along the front of the murphy bed as if they were getting ready to install the table. I am sure the beds do not come with them already installed.

The table that is in the picture appears to just be a work cart.

But for the sake of BCV owners I hope you are right. Unfortunately I own VWL and BWV.

Laura

Enlighten me - why don't people like the fold down table/murphy bed combo? We haven't stayed in a room with one yet but curious as to why the comments about it.

It will be interesting to see what the rooms look like when they are completed. They were in such bad shape almost anything would be better. I really like what they did at BWV but these pictures look a little bland. There isn't much beachy about it other than everything being tan.

Enlighten me - why don't people like the fold down table/murphy bed combo? We haven't stayed in a room with one yet but curious as to why the comments about it.
For us, we'd like to set up our laptop and gadget charging station on the table, but it would have to be cleared each night to open the bed to use it (though we likely wouldn't). How do you watch the morning weather and news while eating breakfast at the table when you are sitting on top of the TV? The new table seems to stick out into the room more, which we wouldn't like. The dresser space also seems to be reduced.

Last edited:

It's the same for us. If you are sitting there your too close to watch the TV. If you want to use the Murphy bed you don't have a table to keep stuff on. Either way it just isn't as functional as having a separate table.

the colors are horrible. I never went to the seashore and saw only browns and yellows. I loved te blue and white theme and until it began to get shabby, the colors were fresh and light. the browns will make it harder to see stains and that is why they do it. How very boring and un-Disney. This was my first home and I do not like the new design.

the colors are horrible. I never went to the seashore and saw only browns and yellows. I loved te blue and white theme and until it began to get shabby, the colors were fresh and light. the browns will make it harder to see stains and that is why they do it. How very boring and un-Disney. This was my first home and I do not like the new design.
I agree! we fell in love with beach club just as much for the theming as location (if it were mainly location, we would have bought VWL! but VWL reminded us of home (camping vacations) and not a real getaway one like BCV.) Now all my pretty cheerful pastels are gone and in their place boring toned down coloring I can find in any hotel. Now, I wouldn't mind some of what they did if they had at least added some disney/sea accents with splashes of color.. but doesn't look like that will happen! As I said before, at least VWL stuck with the theme even if they did add those dreadful drop down table beds ( and don't get me wrong- I love that they added the fifth bed, but they could have found SOME way to include a permanent table!)

It will be interesting to see what the rooms look like when they are completed. They were in such bad shape almost anything would be better. I really like what they did at BWV but these pictures look a little bland. There isn't much beachy about it other than everything being tan.
I agree...they are in awful shape and I'm happy to see them freshened up. I did see pics of what the final product will look like and although the theming is much more subtle, the beach theme is still there. I think I will be happy when I see it in person.

For us, the reason we don't like it is that it takes away from the available storage/drawer space. Now I don't know if there's any drawer space for clothes in the studio, since the drawer space we used to have is now taken up by the murphy bed.

Are they doing anything with the bathrooms? We stayed in a studio last year and while the whole thing was in need of an update I felt like the bathrooms really needed it.
Of course after leaving a 1 bedroom at AKL 2 weeks ago and that awesome bathroom, I'm going to be whining about the bathroom at BCV more. No comparison there.

Thank you ziravan! So far I personally really like the colours and theming, even thought it isn't as kitchy as before. The hard surface floor in the living room is nice, should wear better then the old carpet.

Can't wait to see about the bathrooms, they did take care of them in BWV hopefully they will too in BCV.

At BWV the replaced tile in the part of the 1 bedroom shower room but not the area with the tub and sink. And they left the tile in the studio bathroom tub area. Similar to what they did at VWL too.

First glimpse of the new stainless appliances! Looks nice.

Am I the only one who really doesn't care all that much for stainless appliances? :confused3 Now I don't care a whole lot but it's not my first choice and I thought the white appliances at the resorts were just fine.

What exactly is that color on the walls? I can't tell if it is blue, gray or taupe? I like the flooring and I think that it could be very beachy if it is paired correctly. It looks nice wth soft colors and white accents. IMO! I don't even mind them going more generic on the bedding as i think it is more sanitary! (How often did they really wash those comforters?:crazy2:). What I think is lacking in some of the refurbishments is the unique Disney touches. They always have such great light fixtures, lamps, draperies and art pieces specially made for each resort! Take the lamps in one of the photos for instance...they are perfectly nice lamps and the mercury type finish goes well with the beach theme but I have seen these very same lamps at my local Home Goods and TJ Maxx!! Soooo...not that special!! Just Sayin!!

Well, there is my 2cents, for what it worth!:rotfl:

Last edited:
I really don't care about the stainless in particular but they do look updated.

The appliances that are/were in BCV and BWV were old and in bad shape, at least the ones we have experienced. They needed to be replaced IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter