BCV dedicated or BWV lock off 2 bedroom?

DisneyFirstTimer10

DIS Veteran
Headed back to Disney in August. First time in a few years and bringing our two kids- 14 and 17. Currently have boardwalk 2 bedroom lock off booked but tempted to switch to beach club for the dedicated 2 bedroom which is currently available. Would love your thoughts as I’m not up to date on refurbs etc.

BCV is set to begin "refreshing" the rooms this month (basically, new decor, nothing structural) and should be finished in April. BWV will begin a more extensive refurbishment (including structural work) after that, not sure when, but little or none will be finished by August. With two kids, I think I'd want the dedicated 2BR at BCV, not just because it will be newly refreshed but also because there will be 2 "real" beds in the 2nd bedroom, eliminating arguments about who sleeps on the sofa bed. Also, no separate door to the hallway, so no temptation to escape in the middle of the night (although with our two kids we were never worried about that, you probably aren't either).

BW is closer to HS, if that's your focus. Main difference is Stormalong Bay. If your family is into SAB, then go BC. Maybe you want a more chill pool where you aren't fighting for chairs, that's BW.

I did a decent amount of time in Covid times split between the two, and I found BC had a lot of spots to get some work done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter