BC in December

Jasten

Earning My Ears
We sadly canceled our WL trip that was supposed to start today and started to plan a new trip in mid December at BC. My question is how likely are we to use pools in december (this was the main draw to BC)? Availability is scarce but we may opt for cheaper options if we arent using the amenities.

We sadly canceled our WL trip that was supposed to start today and started to plan a new trip in mid December at BC. My question is how likely are we to use pools in december (this was the main draw to BC)? Availability is scarce but we may opt for cheaper options if we arent using the amenities.

Really hard to say as it completely depends on your party. The pools are heated to 80 year round, but getting out can be a real shocker depending on the air temp. Now my son and I will, and have, used the WDW pools when it's as low as the 50 outside. My wife, no way.

Can just tell you that we went first week of January, and didn't even bother to bring bathing suits. First part of the week was HOT, wish we had them as the afternoons were perfect for swimming. Then in the middle of the trip, two days of 40 degree weather. Then back to HOT! Winter is a gamble.

Weather is weird there!

We've had 29 degree days and 80+ days in December.

Bring your swimsuits and your thermals. Late fall through winter in Orlando can be just about any weather and it can flip from one day to the next.

Highs can be anywhere from 55-85 so you really won't know until you are close to your trip how comfortable it will be to swim.

Weather is weird there!

We've had 29 degree days and 80+ days in December.

Bring your swimsuits and your thermals. Late fall through winter in Orlando can be just about any weather and it can flip from one day to the next.

I agree! We've been twice in December and the first time it was so cold that the resort pool was closed the whole week we were there (with the exception of our arrival day, after which temps plummeted). On our second December trip we were able to swim most days as temps were in the high 70s/low 80s.

We have been going to BC in Dec for the past 8 years now and its always a hit or miss , sometimes i do hit the pool sometimes i dont , needless they are such a small item i always bring them , never know

I went the first week of December last year. Highs were in the upper 70s, lows in the 50s. We needed jackets in the morning and evening and shed them mid afternoon. For me, even that was not warm enough to swim. I would have felt cold in a bathing suit, especially wet. If you are choosing BC just for the pool, I would pick another resort for a December trip and stay at BC when warm weather is a little more of a safe bet.

Honestly, the BC location is really starting to grow on us. The pools look great but being a short walk from Epcot could be fun! We are still going to keep hunting for WL deals but I think we would be pretty happy just keeping the BC even if we don't use the pools at this point.

We went in December in 2014 and it was HOT! 95 the day we departed (Dec 10). This year we arrive on Dec 10, a short trip to WDW before our cruise, we have a whole planned for swimming, even rented a cabana at TL. But are from Washington State, 85 is hot for us lol

I went swimming every night until they closed the pool(midnight at the time) on our first trip over Christmas in 92. I was a kid, I live in WA state, we were having a blizzard here while we were at WDW but I will also say the pool had a lot of people and kids in it until it closed. We also went to TL our last day(and earlier in the trip it was in the 80's) when it was 78 degrees and the lifeguards were wrapping towels around their legs and putting on anything they could find because they were freezing while we floated by on the lazy river :confused3 lol. They understood after they asked where we were from and found out we were from WA state because our home was all over the news talking about the blizzard we were having.

We've also had to scrape frost off the windows on our rental car in early December so I would bring your swimsuit and if its warm enough go for it. We usually go to WDW in early December and we always swim.

I think you gamble when it comes to December pool use. I would choose my reort based on convenience, amenities and budget, with the pool being a bonus. We have been in December and used the pool, but then we have also been cold the entire trip, right until our last day....and then Boom 80 degrees! You just don't know.

We went in 2015 for Christmas and it was near 85 every day for the high. It felt like summer. I think the important question to know is if you're from the north. If so, then you may use the pool more than someone from the south. The location can't be beat for the BC. If you have park hoppers, then you can spend lots of time at Epcot enjoying the Holidays Around the World (or whatever the new festival name is). The storytellers are not to be missed at Epcot.

Can just tell you that we went first week of January, and didn't even bother to bring bathing suits. First part of the week was HOT, wish we had them as the afternoons were perfect for swimming. Then in the middle of the trip, two days of 40 degree weather. Then back to HOT! Winter is a gamble.

Same thing happened to us our first winter trip. It was January and we didn't bring suits because I said "It's January, no one in Florida is swimming in January" or something equally definite and mistaken. Most Floridians are not swimming in January but visitors definitely do! Our new suits from the Poly boutique were nice but very pricy. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter