BBW candles verses Yankee candles?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Does anyone on here love Yankee candles? I was curious so I thought I would ask. Looking online at them the differences I see between them and BBWs candles are one wick vs. three wicks, way more scents and products with Yankee candles and different sizes. Would anyone say the Yankee candles may be better than BBWs or more of a value than BBWs?

Are the scents strong like the BBW candles are? Are the sales as good or as frequent with Yankee?

We were very brand loyal to Yankee for years and years and then my MIL gave me a BBW one for my birthday a few years ago - we haven't looked back. The smell of the BBW fills the room 1000x better than the Yankee ones.

They do sales pretty often. The best is a couple weeks before Christmas they are $8.95, but regularly you can get them for $12.95 and when you pair that with a coupon, you can get them for under $10.

I don't like Yankee candles. They just don't have enough scent when they're burning.

Love yankee candles. I like the large tumbler jar ones with one wick. Usually pay about $12 for them. My favorite scents are Christmas cookie and balsam.

Yankee candles are more hit or miss in my opinion, as far as scent throw. I love their Apple Pumpkin, but otherwise I prefer B&BW by far. I use scentsy more now than I do actual candles, but I always have to have my Bath and Body Works candles in the Winter scent - it's my favorite scent of anything ever!

Another vote for BBW. I agree that the Yankee candles just don't throw the same scent when burning and are generally more expensive.

Another vote for BBW. I agree that the Yankee candles just don't throw the same scent when burning and are generally more expensive.
Scent is important to me. I knew when my husband mentioned how the scent was stronger with the BBW candles verses the candles I was getting at Wal-Mart, I had to make a switch.

Scent is important to me. I knew when my husband mentioned how the scent was stronger with the BBW candles verses the candles I was getting at Wal-Mart, I had to make a switch.

Walmart candles barely throw any scent at all and I feel like they lose scent over time.

I've long been a fan of BBW candles, but does anyone know if they have recently changed their formula? Twice I tried burning my favorite Christmas scents this year (Winter, Hot Apple Toddy), and each time, I noticed that about an hour after lighting the candle, my eyes started burning, I got a headache, and there seemed to be a haze in the air. I couldn't burn either of them for very long.

We have a wood-burning stove with a glass door, and whenever it's too warm to build a fire, I'll frequently put a burning candle inside (just to give the "feel" of a fire, lol - you can't smell the candles when the door is closed, but you can see them). I put both of the BBW candles inside, and the door was all sooted up within a couple of hours.

I am really, really bummed about this. :(

When I drove by BBW this morning they had an easel out front that said 3-wick candles were $10 if anyone is looking for a good price on them.

I've long been a fan of BBW candles, but does anyone know if they have recently changed their formula? Twice I tried burning my favorite Christmas scents this year (Winter, Hot Apple Toddy), and each time, I noticed that about an hour after lighting the candle, my eyes started burning, I got a headache, and there seemed to be a haze in the air. I couldn't burn either of them for very long.

We have a wood-burning stove with a glass door, and whenever it's too warm to build a fire, I'll frequently put a burning candle inside (just to give the "feel" of a fire, lol - you can't smell the candles when the door is closed, but you can see them). I put both of the BBW candles inside, and the door was all sooted up within a couple of hours.

I am really, really bummed about this. :(

I have a scent from last year that burns my nostrils but I think it is because it's a strong peppermint scent.
I haven't noticed that with any others and I don't notice any haze.

The BBW candles definitely seem to throw more scent to me, but I need to use them in bigger spaces. It’s too much in smaller rooms, so I stick to Yankee for those spaces.

Got four more candles today at BBWs and stopped by Yankee Candle but wasn't impressed at all with what I found at Yankee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter