• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BBQ Choices

Flora Fan

Can't wait for my next trip!
There are four BBQ places in “the world” that all look great! 😋 But, I’ve decided to choose just one as I don’t think I want to eat BBQ my whole trip. So which place would you choose? If you’ve had a great meal, what was it that draws you back? Thank you for you opinions and help.

Polite Pig - Disney Springs
Regal Eagle - EPCOT
Flame Tree - Animal Kingdom
Woody’s Lunchbox - Hollywood Studios

On QS dining plan? Polite Pig, it's good and can probably double the value of the credits. If you're paying out of pocket I'd plan on doing to Regal Eagle, haven't been but based on the reviews that's where I'm gonna get my fix this time. At AK I always QS at satuli because that bowl as a salad is awesome.

We never really liked Flame Tree at AK. Watching the reviews for the Regal Eagle, pretty much everyone says that makes Flame tree food taste like crap. I guess you don't realize you get bad food until you compare it to something better.

Love Polite Pig. The brisket is so delicious as are all the sides. We love the roasted brussel sprouts. If you enjoy a good old-fashioned, they make a sweet tea version that is very good.

Did you consider Wilderness Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge? They have some killer all you can eat skillets and the place is really a lot of fun

We like Flame Tree's food but the seating area leaves a lot to be desired. Its all outdoors and the birds legit attack. We had a huge heron perch on the railing next to us just waiting to steal food from us. It was uncomfortable.

Polite Pig also could use seating improvements. Its seat yourself and only allowed after you place your order. Its a busy place and the seating area isn't the largest, and often crowded. We had to stalk people getting up from a table to sit down and we were only two people. A larger group would have a challenge. But again, the food is good there.

I guess the same could be said for Woody's Lunchbox - food is decent, but the seating area is tiny and all outdoors.

We're anxious to try Regal Eagle, but Epcot is the one place where there's tons of other good and unique Quick Service options. We do plan to try it on our next trip though.

It sounds like you're only considering QS options, but I agree with PP that Whispering Canyon at WL has good BBQ and its a fun atmosphere.

I happen to like Flame Tree for what it is, but ONLY for spares, and their secret weapon - THE ONION RINGS!

I think the birds are hilarious. Nobody is safe. Someone's losing a piece of meat - guaranteed. All you have to do is watch for people that don't expect it. It's almost as if the birds know who to target.

I love the little seating area down by the river where you can watch and hear the Everest screams.

For QS, in park, the spares are a decent amount better than they need to be for that price.

I wouldn't omit other places for bbq at all, but I'd only get the spares at Flame Tree. Brisket at Polite Pig would still definitely be in my plans, and I'd still make room to try Regal Beagle, too. (They NEED to have someone from Three's Company in their advertising!)

We were very disappointed with Flame Tree. So many people told us how great it was and it was very underwhelming.
Woody's was good, but really the only BBQ item is the brisket sandwich
Polite Pig was good and if you're on the dining plan a good use of a QS credit in my opinion.
I haven't tried Regal Eagle, but excited to on our next trip.

Love Polite Pig. The brisket is so delicious as are all the sides. We love the roasted brussel sprouts. If you enjoy a good old-fashioned, they make a sweet tea version that is very good.
My Fiancee loves the brussel sprouts and bbq cauliflower. She still talks about both of them.

I've been to all but Regal, and planning on that our next trip, and Polite Pig is our favorite by far! It is especially a great value on the DP, but is really good food no matter.

Whispering Canyon has “bbq” as well, but if our experience was any indication, avoid. Horrible, horrible food.

Agree with several others. If you really like BBQ, you’ll be disappointed with Flame Tree and Whispering Canyon. Try Polite Pig or a Regal Eagle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter