BBB Sofia the First Package Question

jjl181

Mouseketeer
Saw on Disney Blog that BBB will now have a Sofia the First package starting today. I called to book an appt for our trip in Nov. and asked the CM if this had a limited run similar to Rapunzel's. He said he wasn't aware of one. Knowing that he could simply not have been told of one, what is the likelihood of this still being available in Nov.? Don't remember how long the Rapunzel one went for, I only remember just missing it by a few weeks.

Can't wait to find out more!!!

Added: I just fired off an email to Disney Customer Service, asking if it's limited and the pricing. I'll let you know if they reply with anything informative or if I just get an auto-reply.

Hoping & wishing this is still available in December!

That hair looks so cute! And much more comfortable for kids than the bun. I hope it's a hairstyle option in November

Jusy got back and the girls did both BBB and PL but now i'm dying to go right back!

I would love to see anyones pictures with the new style. We were planning the Diva style since we are not that fond of the bun look, but this might be an even better option if it is still available in Sept!

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

The Sofia the First Package includes exclusive Sofia the First
hairstyling, shimmering makeup, face gem, Princess Sash, Princess Cinch
Bag, Sofia the First inspired nail polish, Sofia the First Crown, and
Sofia the First Hair bow.

It is new offering and is not being offered at the Magic Kingdom® Park
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique®. At this time, we do plan to be offering it
for the foreseeable future.

You may call 407-939-7895 to inquire about the pricing for this
experience.

:worried:

I wonder what the reasons would be for offering different packages at different locations. Is this to spark more interest in the DTD location - is it not busy there? I can't think of any other reason. But then, I've never been to either place so I have no idea what they're like. How would more/less space impact the hairstyles? I can't imagine the little accessories take up that much space.

Aww, not only do I hope it's still offered in October (and at MK, where DD's appointment is scheduled for) but that a Sophia dress is there to complete the "transformation". I LOVE this new hairstyle so much more than the bun! DD has been begging for a Sophia dress so here's hoping for some pixie dust!

I called to book it. It was basically $65 (I'm rounding up from $64-something). I booked for October and she didn't mention anything about it being temporary, so I'm assuming it will still be available. She did say there was no costume option, but that was OK for us because we already have one. I also really like the hair. We have never even considered booking BBB before because I wasn't a fan of the hairstyles. Now I'm just hoping Sofia might actually show up in HS before then. I booked it for an afternoon when we are planning on spending the evening there.

Eliza'sMom said:
I called to book it. It was basically $65 (I'm rounding up from $64-something). I booked for October and she didn't mention anything about it being temporary, so I'm assuming it will still be available. She did say there was no costume option, but that was OK for us because we already have one. I also really like the hair. We have never even considered booking BBB before because I wasn't a fan of the hairstyles. Now I'm just hoping Sofia might actually show up in HS before then. I booked it for an afternoon when we are planning on spending the evening there.

Sofia is supposed to start a meet and greet mid July at DHS in place of Handy Manny at animation courtyard.

I wonder what the reasons would be for offering different packages at different locations. Is this to spark more interest in the DTD location - is it not busy there? I can't think of any other reason. But then, I've never been to either place so I have no idea what they're like. How would more/less space impact the hairstyles? I can't imagine the little accessories take up that much space.

Thanks for digging further! I think that obviously MK is a more popular location and DTD is more of a 'second choice' when MK is booked. For me, even though I like the space at the DTD location, I always choose MK because of the fact that heading to a resort after is difficult as no buses run directly.
In fact, my daughter already had an appt. in the MK location the same day we have a res. at BOG. When I saw the Sofia pkg. I didn't want to change locations for the one we already have, so I made a new appt. for a day we are going to HS. They are almost a week apart so it works out well :)
Where the DTD location is larger and inside the princess room at WoD it makes sense. We have been to the MK location where they were out of different items and I was basically told that there wasn't a lot of room for inventory and popular items run out quickly. So maybe that's it? :confused3
I think it's only a matter of time before it ends up at MK, if it sticks around.
So excited for this!! My DD is going to love it!

Sofia is supposed to start a meet and greet mid July at DHS in place of Handy Manny at animation courtyard.

When did they announce that? And how did I miss it? That's exciting! That will be a highlight for my 5-year-old.

Surprised the package doesn't offer a necklace. The amulet she wears is one of the central points of the show as it allows her to talk with animals and for other princesses to visit ( yes, I have seen it once or twice).

DD is going to get two makeovers on our trip now :) Assuming, of course, the Sophia one is still available in December. Now they just need to have a Sophia meet and greet at DHS, and it needs to go late enough for us to do it :) Here's hoping for a little pixiedust pixiedust:

I just booked the Sophia package for December so they must plan on it being offered till then at least. The CM I spoke to was surprised that I even knew about it since it's so new.

Really like this one much better than the other offerings, but find the DTD location inconvenient. I am also excited about the deluxe Jake package. I think it will be perfect for any of my boys who want to do PL. They don't have to wear a full costume, but don't have to have a pirate look with just plain clothes either.

Wait, do I need to request this beforehand? I thought it was just an option we can request when we get there. Have a MK ressie in late August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter