BBB questions about knights, photos

CanuckMama

Earning My Ears
I have a few questions about Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique that I haven't been able to find the answers to...

1. They currently have two "knight" packages, one that includes a sword and shield and one that includes a costume and "mighty sword and shield". Are these the same items, or does the deluxe package actually include an upgraded sword/shield? If different, I assume we could opt to pay the difference to have the "mighty" items? (I know that my son will be asking for the fanciest looking thing there...)

2. I've seen pictures from BBB that show several different swords and shields on display. Are there some that are different prices? If so, does anyone know how much these are?

3. I'm planning to do the cheaper packages for both my son and daughter, as we'll bring our own outfits. Since we won't have a package that includes a Keepsake Portrait session with Cinderella's carriage, is that something we can add on for an additional fee? If so, how much, and how does that work? (Do they have to wait around for that, or does it happen quickly after the makeover?) And can both kids be included in one session, or would we need to pay double?

4. Do you have to have the Keepsake Portrait session in order to take photos with the carriage? (I.e. what's the benefit to doing that beyond getting professionally printed photos?) Since we'll have MaxPass with PhotoPass, are we better off just finding a PhotoPass photographer somewhere to take some good shots? (Any suggestions for where?)

I can't answer your questions about sword/shield differences but I have taken 2 grandsons who wore their own prince costumes and both really enjoyed the swords and shields received with the lower package. Yes, you can add the Keepsake Portrait option on to any package and you do need to pay for that option to get pictures with the carriage. I cannot remember the cost but think it was in the $35 price range. The keepsake pictures were cute but we also got some really good ones from a photopass photographer by the sword and the stone in Fantasyland.

We did the prince package last year (really fun!) and the least expensive package came with a specific sword and shield (pictured below). There was another sword and shield that we could have upgraded to but luckily my son preferred the one that came with the package. The upgrade sword and shield was exactly the same (foam), but with golden hues and a different scene on the sheild (maybe a lion? Don’t quote me in that!).

41633877DAED90-AA62-48EA-83CE-8F0EEB39B357.jpeg

Thanks, that's helpful! I have seen photos of the gold-trimmed shield. I'd appreciate it if anyone knows how much it is to upgrade to that one. (I'm guessing it's probably minimal?)

Ha, yes - of course there seem to be upcharges for everything. I only meant "relatively minimal", as the difference between the two packages is $60 and the costume seems to be something that would sell for at least close to that.

There is a lot of confusion for me regarding knight/prince packages and different Disney locales. On eBay, you can find British sellers of two different, nicer prince costumes that might be from the Paris park. Other images searches find the basic package with just shield and sword, a package with those plus a short-sleeved t-shirt that is meant to look like armour, sometimes with a red cape attached at the shoulders.
I'm taking a son to the MK location, and have no idea if they'll have the prince costume at all or if it comes in his size.
Any 2019 reports, stating which park or cruise ship, would be appreciated!

ETA: FYI, the MK location opened a new photo studio. Makes me wonder if the new GF location will have one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter