• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BBB eliminated photopass photographers

I just received a reply to the email I sent last week. I'm hoping this is accurate, as I did mention the appointment is on November 29. I'll be watching carefully to see what happens between now and then.

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding the availability of Disney
PhotoPass Photographers during a Magical Makeover at the Bibbidi Bobbidi
Boutique.

We are thrilled to continue to offer Disney PhotoPass Photographers at
both the Disney Springs? and Magic Kingdom® Park Bibbidi Bobbidi
Boutique locations to capture the transformation process during the
Magical Makeover.

As a reminder, each Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique location also offers a
studio to capture even more photographs, after your Magical Makeover is
completed."

Hopefully, this is accurate. Who originally said that photo pass photographers were removed? Can anyone who'd been at the DTD location in the last couple weeks say what their experience was?

I just received this:

Dear Teresa,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the availability of Disney
Boutique.

Magical Makeover.

completed.

We look forward to capturing all of your Magical Makeover memories at
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique on your future trip to the Walt Disney World®
Resort.

Best Regards,

Diana Royer
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

I read that there will not be photographers anymore, is this true?
I booked 2 appointments for the end of November and early December
months ago expecting to have this. I bought memory maker for this. Why
did this change?

I got a reply email today to my email from last week but it just says that my inquiry is being looked into and that they will get back to me soon.

In regards to the two people who received their emails above I wonder if maybe the outcry was enough that they decided to reinstate the photographers?

I got a reply email today to my email from last week but it just says that my inquiry is being looked into and that they will get back to me soon.

In regards to the two people who received their emails above I wonder if maybe the outcry was enough that they decided to reinstate the photographers?

I am hoping it's because enough people complained.

I just received a phone call from Mr. Kaligidios's office informing me that BBB will continue to have Photopass photographers at both locations to take photos of the entire experience. The gentleman told me they had received numerous emails regarding this issue and WDW is listening to those BBB consumers and want them to continue to enjoy the full experience at BBB.

Here is a copy of the email I sent on Sunday to Mr. Kaligido's office:

Dear Sir,

It has come to my attention that after November 08, 2015 the Memory Maker Photopass Photographers will no longer be in available at either the Disney Springs or Magic Kingdom Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique locations.

I have 3 reservations for 3 granddaughters on December 7, 2015 and when I booked the reservations the Memory Maker Photopass Photography was a part of the packages according to your WDW website and still is. If it is indeed true that this option will no longer be a part of the package and your company still has this on their website as part of the package this would be considered a bait and switch to those consumers who have already booked these packages.

Many people are not apt photographers and if you have ever been in one of the boutiques there is just not enough space for numerous parents and grandparents to be in the boutique at the same time taking photos of their little princesses. I would hope you would take this into consideration before taking this option away and if you truly do then perhaps you should consider lowering the cost of your Memory Maker package...

Sadly, I am becoming more and more disillusioned with the way Disney Corp. as whole seems to have forgotten the goal of Mr. Walt Disney, though he understood that he and his company needed to make money he wanted above all that young and old could still be a child when immersed at a Disney property. It is becoming more and more obvious WDW is all about seeing how much less value for their dollar the consumer will accept before attendance figures begin to fall.

Thank you for your attention to my concerns.

We did a good thing for everyone not just those of us on DIS...give yourselves a hand!!!! (Sometimes the squeaky wheel does get oiled).

Last edited:
I got the same reply this evening as the ones above, that they are thrilled to continue PP services at BBB. I certainly hope they continue. It's the best part of BBB. Nice to see that maybe the gad of emails and calls led to a change.

They replied!!! I don't buy it, but it's a response.
"Dear Cari,

Boutique.

Magical Makeover.

completed.

Resort.

Best Regards,

Bonita Foster
Walt Disney World Resort"

That is great news! So glad I saw the original post and took a second to send an email along with everyone else. I bet the people that were in the BBB's while this was happening were "giving feedback" as well as all of us. And selfishly I'm very glad this got resolved before my dd's appointment! Thank you so much original poster!

I just received this:

Dear Teresa,

Boutique.

Magical Makeover.

completed.

Resort.

Best Regards,

Diana Royer
Walt Disney World Resort

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

I read that there will not be photographers anymore, is this true?
I booked 2 appointments for the end of November and early December
months ago expecting to have this. I bought memory maker for this. Why
did this change?

I received this same response today. I truely hope that the emailing we did made a difference.

On that note. I would highly encourage everyone to get their photopass photographers name when they go and send a compliment to guest services if you truely love your pictures. And if the BBB is the main reason you purchase memory maker let them know that too. Many time companies only hear from guest when they have something to complain about so lets keep reminding them how valuable these photopass photographers are in the BBB.

I also got the email. I am thrilled that they have changed their minds and I truly believe that when consumers speak out loudly companies listen.

That is great news! So glad I saw the original post and took a second to send an email along with everyone else. I bet the people that were in the BBB's while this was happening were "giving feedback" as well as all of us. And selfishly I'm very glad this got resolved before my dd's appointment! Thank you so much original poster!

Not selfish at all, many of us like myself who don't have a dog in this fight wrote to Disney on behalf of families like yours. I am glad you will be able to get the full experience.

So glad the OP brought this to everyone's attention and that management listened!! I often give my opinion on the "should I buy memory maker" threads here, and BBB & Pirates League are two major factors that make it worthwhile. Not only would it be so disappointing to miss out on these photos, it would really change the dynamic of whether MM is a value for many.

So glad the OP brought this to everyone's attention and that management listened!! I often give my opinion on the "should I buy memory maker" threads here, and BBB & Pirates League are two major factors that make it worthwhile. Not only would it be so disappointing to miss out on these photos, it would really change the dynamic of whether MM is a value for many.
So happy to hear Disney listened and will continue photo pass! Thanks to everyone who responded. We were very disappointed to find no photographers last week, but are pleased Disney is taking immediate action. For those with upcoming appointments....enjoy! It really is one of those magical experiences and the photographers do a great job capturing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter