Bay lake tower

Upon a Star

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at bay lake tower for the first time next october 16th through the 26th 2013. I'm looking for things to do at bay lake at the surrounding area. There must be many options with the resort being on the monorail. I know of the campfire at fort wilderness. Any other suggestions or maybe just advice in general on things to do and plan. Must do restaurants ? Thanks.

There's also a campfire on the beach behind the contemporary. We take the boat to fort wilderness and then walk to WL....saw deer and other wildlife. Go through the stables at fort wilderness. Watch fireworks from TOTWL. My son likes to just ride the monorail around the resort loop and to epcot. Lay in a hammock on the beach at poly or GF. Definitely go eat at Ohana for dinner.

They also show a movie each night on the grounds between BLT and CR.

Sooo many things.

Bike rentals
Boat Rentals
Boat Launch to VWL and FW
Movies at night near pool
Electric Water Pagent
Fireworks
Mono rail to other resorts for dinner and shops and lounges
Top of the World Lounge
Pool Hop (when and where allowed)
Restaurants is a whole category by itself, personally I'm a fan of using some of the guidebooks for a little more detail.

and of course the casual stroll to that little place called Magic Kingdom.

My family of four stayed there last August - you're going to love it! We rented 2 mouse boats outside of the Contemporary (kids are 11 and 15) and we all had a great time. That single hour holds so many memories for us. We zipped around Bay Lake and cruised over to view the Magic Kingdom and some of the other resorts. It was a lot of fun and a great way to unwind outside of the parks.

Enjoy!

In addition to the things mentioned, the FW also has a carriage ride that's really fun too.

The campfire at the FW is different than the one at the CR/BLT. Chip & Dale are at the FW one and they do a sing along. You make smores & then watch a movie on the big outdoor screen. There are benches for seating. Also at the Fort they have archery lessons, canoeing, petting zoo, horseback riding and more. When we go there we love to eat at the Trails End. Great food!

At the Poly in the lobby they have someone there that will make leis with the kids and towel animals. They also do a ceremony for the torch lighting, hula dancing lessons, and story telling in the evenings. Ohana's and Kona Cafe are both great restaurants. We prefer Kona's. You could also watch fireworks & the EWP on the beach.

At the GF we love the 1900 Park Faire, shopping, and hanging in the lobby listening to the band. They also offer activities for the kids like a pirate adventure.

At any of them you can rent boats which we love to do!

We will be staying at BLT for the 1st time too, in Aug. We are so excited! There is so much to do at all the monorail resorts!!

Thanks for the replies. Getting to the lodge from bay lake I would walk to MK and take the boat over?

Upon a Star said:
Thanks for the replies. Getting to the lodge from bay lake I would walk to MK and take the boat over?

No you would just take the boat from the CR marina! There is a boat there that will take you to the WL & FW!!

Upon a Star said:
Also where is the best place to watch the electric water parade?

We like to watch it from the Poly beach. If the timing is right you could catch the movie on the beach, they will pause it when the water parade comes, then back to the movie & then pause the movie again when the fireworks start! They will pipe in the music too! You get to see it all & not have to move from your lounge chair on the beach! It's perfect!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter