Bay lake Tower TOTWL

were booked into BLT and this was one of the things was looking forward to,not now as feel it might be crowded
Paul

were booked into BLT and this was one of the things was looking forward to,not now as feel it might be crowded
Paul

Apparently a lot of people have been complaining Paul. The way I look at it, it is better to do this than DVC members ending up losing the privilege because people aren't using the lounge. It was dead when we stayed there. The staff told us that nealry every evening it is the same until just before the fireworks, then loads of people turn up and are gone again just as quick. And those people aren't spending money in the lounge.

If we go, which we may well, it will be to use the lounge. We aren't bothered about seeing Wishes from there, I much prefer it from inside the park.

Looks as though you were holding the shift key when you tried to input 8th July, Joh. :goodvibes

I agree with you. It would be such a shame to see the lounge turned into a private function room or similar and lost to DVC members altogether through lack of use. When we stay there in November, we'll be mostly avoiding it during Wishes and using it at other times. That said, if I was in Paul's position and did want to use it for Wishes, I'd be thinking how typical it was that this free-for-all was happening during my first opportunity to use it! It'll be interesting to see just how busy it makes it. Seems strange that they'd choose a busy time to test it out.

I'm not surprised by this. If our experience last March is anything to go by, the place is seriously under-utilised. It was empty before Wishes and again straight afterwards.
As you ladies have said, much better for it to be used and remain open than closed because it's losing money.

Kev

think they need to do some dinning options there,still going to it
Paul

Can certainly see the point of view of the people who have bought in at BLT. Good news for the rest of us staying on points at other resorts, we would definitely use the lounge if access becomes available all year round. We are always looking for new places to eat! I vote they make it a new signature!!!!!

paulh said:
Paul

Ditto, was really looking forward to the exclusivity of it.

Ah well,better than losing it, if I was staying elsewhere I'd be delighted!

I vote they make it a new signature!!!!!

wouldn't use 2 TS to get a flatbread,but agree they have to put a real restaurant up there.took them a few years to put a proper restaurant in SSR
Paul

We went up there last night, had a nice glass of merlot while watching fireworks, a really nice feeling.think it was the best way ever of watching the fireworks.
the roof was not busy at all, so no need to have worried about it being full.think there trailing the idea because when California grill closed there will only be the blt roof area open
Paul

Glad to hear it wasn't too busy Paul and that you enjoyed the experience :)

Can certainly see the point of view of the people who have bought in at BLT. Good news for the rest of us staying on points at other resorts, we would definitely use the lounge if access becomes available all year round. We are always looking for new places to eat! I vote they make it a new signature!!!!!

I own at BLT and I have no issues it being open to all DVC members who are booked at Disney with their points. I'd rather it be constantly busy than only busy for fireworks.

TagsMissy said:
I own at BLT and I have no issues it being open to all DVC members who are booked at Disney with their points. I'd rather it be constantly busy than only busy for fireworks.

Interesting. We were just at BCV a week ago and the security at SAB was in high gear. No one can get in there without staying at BCV Prior to 4pm. Even after 4pm, the normal time where all other are allowed in, they were checking IDs at 9pm still.

Not sure what the change is due to, but the pool was packed to the gills.

Sorry, Corpcomp, you've completely lost me. What does the policy regarding Stormalong Bay have to do with opening TOTW Lounge to all DVC Members?

Sorry, Corpcomp, you've completely lost me. What does the policy regarding Stormalong Bay have to do with opening TOTW Lounge to all DVC Members?

I was saying that while they are being more lenient to DVCers for TOTW, they are also being more restrictive to DVCers for SAB at the same time. It was just an interesting conundrum. Sorry if I confused you.

Oh, I see. Well, I guess the simple difference is that TOTW Lounge is an under-used facility so it makes sense to relax the rules, whereas SAB is an extremely popular one where close monitoring is required to ensure that those using it legitimately can do so without compromise.

think storm-along bay and TOTW are 2 different things,There has never been pool hoping at Storm-along due to fact its so popular, and last week being that last week of the usa school holiday season, which meant it would be a busy time.so not surprised they were checking ids.
As for the TOTW as we were never allowed to visit before the thought made it seem special when staying in BLT went we there.After staying at BLT and using TOTW lounge now see why they have opened it up, because if they don't they will have to shut it due to lack of use
Adapt or die
Paul

Oh, I see. Well, I guess the simple difference is that TOTW Lounge is an under-used facility so it makes sense to relax the rules, whereas SAB is an extremely popular one where close monitoring is required to ensure that those using it legitimately can do so without compromise.

Excellent way of putting it!

Now if they would just hold the line on ticket prices - will pass $100 including tax next year. I think that's about $83 euros for one park / one person.

think storm-along bay and TOTW are 2 different things,There has never been pool hoping at Storm-along due to fact its so popular, and last week being that last week of the usa school holiday season, which meant it would be a busy time.so not surprised they were checking ids.
As for the TOTW as we were never allowed to visit before the thought made it seem special when staying in BLT went we there.After staying at BLT and using TOTW lounge now see why they have opened it up, because if they don't they will have to shut it due to lack of use
Adapt or die
Paul

School does not start for a lot of us (all of New England) till August 27th and those in private prep school after Labor Day - September 4th I think this year. SAB did not check as closely in the past are they did the first week of August. Usually after 4pm no one checked your room key - they do now up until in closes at night. The parks were packed with people from Europe and South America that week - perhaps they may not be familiar with the restrictions at SAB and the hotel was extra careful in keeping non Beach Club / Yacht Club people from using the pool. However, to get back to topic, I hope that TOTW does better and they don't shut it down from lack of use.

Also Fantasyland remodeling is going very well and is due to finish by next Easter. They have a whole new castle being built there. Looks a bit like Hogwarts.

School does not start for a lot of us (all of New England) till August 27th and those in private prep school after Labor Day - September 4th I think this year. SAB did not check as closely in the past are they did the first week of August. Usually after 4pm no one checked your room key - they do now up until in closes at night. The parks were packed with people from Europe and South America that week - perhaps they may not be familiar with the restrictions at SAB and the hotel was extra careful in keeping non Beach Club / Yacht Club people from using the pool. However, to get back to topic, I hope that TOTW does better and they don't shut it down from lack of use.

Also Fantasyland remodeling is going very well and is due to finish by next Easter. They have a whole new castle being built there. Looks a bit like Hogwarts.
The schools in florida and the south tend to go back after the end of the second week in aug,there is always a drop in attendance then.
Fantasy land like hogwarts:rotfl2:
Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter