2 adults in our 60's = oldies but goodies
Thinking of renting a DVC Studio
Bay Lake Towers seem like our cup of tea
Walk to MK and monorail to EPCOT - our favorite parks
Love the restaurants at the CR too.

I read only standard studio's are on floor 1 - 5
We want to be on floor 3, 4 or 5
Can we request that ?

Do we write a letter to the CR 7 days before arrival with our request ?
Can we request a specific room like 7437 for our 37th wedding anniversary ?

You can request it, but the owner of the DVC points puts in the request in your behalf with DVC member services.

The Contemporary Resort has no role in your room assignment.

BLT Standard can be challenging to book. I recommend being open to paying for BLT Lake View.

There are not very many standard view studios. Not all rooms on floors 1-5 are standard view. According to the reviews and pics from members of DisBoards, 7437 is a lake view room.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...nks-last-update-of-post-1-10-21-2015.2257082/
If you book a standard view, I would just request the highest floor possible.
For reservations made with points, requests must be done through member services at DVC. So, if you are the owner you can call. If you are renting, the owner must call.

The 5th floor is great! Direct access to the bridge to the contemporary.

There are 30 standard view studios, of which only 3 are on the fifth floor. Room location requests are not guaranteed. All standard view studios are part of 2BR lock-offs (combination of a 1BR and studio) and thus can also disappear with 2BR reservations.

Owners of a DVC resort can reserve up to 7 nights beginning online at 8 a.m. eastern exactly 11 months before date of arrival. It can be difficult even for an owner to get one of those standard view studios at 11-months out. You do not provide your expected time to go to Disney, but be aware for stays during the DVC high demand season, from late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan, those standard studios can fill within moments after 8 a.m. at 11-months out. That issue also exists for standard view studios some other times of year. It can be difficult even finding an owner willing to attempt to reserve for you a standard studio because of the need to book right at 8 a.m. at 11-months out, and because of the possibility of failure even if the owner tries. If you go in expecting to get a specific start date (and it sounds like you want a specific time of year since you mention anniversary), your chances are less than if you have alternative date options.

You should likely have a back-up plan if you cannot get a standard view studio, such as getting a lake view studio, The majority of all BLT rooms are lake view, and with lake view you can request higher floor, which rooms have good views, and you have a good chance of getting that request met because most rooms on higher floors are lake view.

Maybe lake view will be our second choice :)
I do not want to be in the 10th floor
I will ask to be as close to the 5th floor as possible
We could also go in March - if that is a better time
Our 38 1/2 year anniversary :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter