*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

DH & I will be staying at BLT this coming January, we have blue card pts and resale pts with our home resort being BW. Will we be able to go to the up to the lounge without reservations? Most likely we would go up (if allowed) on the early side and vacate our table and go out to the viewing area for the fireworks so our table would be available for those with reservations. Will this work or do I have to have reservations?

Hey folks
Does anyone know when BLT will have another refurb, or changing out of appliances at the least?
We just got back from a lovely week long stay in TP view

And our DD and her family in a LV
In both cases, the dishwashers were rusted and very dirty IMO

I’m not complaining but rather wonder who to report this too?

I have pictures showing the rust and we began to realize we were tasting something odd in our drinking cups
So we just hand washed from that point
I know we could have called Maint to get a replacement but really didn’t want to hassle with it

View attachment 712389View attachment 712390View attachment 712391View attachment 712392View attachment 712392View attachment 712393
We stayed at BLT this summer and our dishwasher looked old but much better condition than that. That is disgraceful.

Hey folks
Does anyone know when BLT will have another refurb, or changing out of appliances at the least?
We just got back from a lovely week long stay in TP view

And our DD and her family in a LV
In both cases, the dishwashers were rusted and very dirty IMO

I’m not complaining but rather wonder who to report this too?

I have pictures showing the rust and we began to realize we were tasting something odd in our drinking cups
So we just hand washed from that point
I know we could have called Maint to get a replacement but really didn’t want to hassle with it

View attachment 712389View attachment 712390View attachment 712391View attachment 712392View attachment 712392View attachment 712393
I’d email dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com or use the email link under Contact Us on the member website.

If the regular every-7-years schedule were followed, BLT would have a refurb in 2023. The issue is whether that regular schedule will be followed. As a result of the Pandemic, some refurbs were delayed -- e.g., BRV an inordinate amount of time -- but recent notices indicate DVC may be attempting to return more to the regular schedule, e.g., BWV is supposed to be in 2023 and that appears to now be a reality based on information provided by DVC.

If the regular every-7-years schedule were followed, BLT would have a refurb in 2023. The issue is whether that regular schedule will be followed. As a result of the Pandemic, some refurbs were delayed -- e.g., BRV an inordinate amount of time -- but recent notices indicate DVC may be attempting to return more to the regular schedule, e.g., BWV is supposed to be in 2023 and that appears to now be a reality based on information provided by DVC.
Poly and VGF skipped BRV, so let's hope something else doesn't get ahead of BLT!
I think BWV, BLT, and BCV should be getting 2023 refurbs but so far, only BWV seems on track. Maybe it'll be end of 2023 or early 2024 at the latest. I'm hopeful!

I just settled into BLT for a five-night stay. I am relieved to report my 1BR unit seems in good condition; this thread had instilled low expectations so I am very happy! LOL. I checked the dishwasher immediately upon entry and didn’t find a horror show like the picture above.

On another point, in my 8 years of being a member, I don’t think I have ever gotten a room meeting my requests—perhaps once. I’ve always had to talk to the front desk or even move on the second day, which is a huge pain. This time, I hit the jackpot. I booked a lake view room and not only got an even numbered (outside the “C”) room—my most important criterion—but scored a north location on the 14th floor that looks toward Magic Kingdom. Wow, so happy!!

I just settled into BLT for a five-night stay. I am relieved to report my 1BR unit seems in good condition; this thread had instilled low expectations so I am very happy! LOL. I checked the dishwasher immediately upon entry and didn’t find a horror show like the picture above.

On another point, in my 8 years of being a member, I don’t think I have ever gotten a room meeting my requests—perhaps once. I’ve always had to talk to the front desk or even move on the second day, which is a huge pain. This time, I hit the jackpot. I booked a lake view room and not only got an even numbered (outside the “C”) room—my most important criterion—but scored a north location on the 14th floor that looks toward Magic Kingdom. Wow, so happy!!
We are staying in a 1 bedroom Lake View in December, what would be the best request? There is no request option on mobile check in so not sure where to do it

We are staying in a 1 bedroom Lake View in December, what would be the best request? There is no request option on mobile check in so not sure where to do it
What's important for you? This is really a "what's your favorite color" question. Do you want a chance of seeing the Magic Kingdom? Do you want a great view of the lake? Do you want to see the Contemporary or the Monorail zoom by?

What's important for you? This is really a "what's your favorite color" question. Do you want a chance of seeing the Magic Kingdom? Do you want a great view of the lake? Do you want to see the Contemporary or the Monorail zoom by?

We are with our 3 year old and 2 year old so I am not really sure. I personally would rather see Magic Kingdom if possible, but my kids would probably like seeing the monorail lol

This is a great question. Being on the south side is fun to see the monorail and looking east over Bay Lake is quite serene.

TBH it depends on if you love seeing the fireworks from your room each night.

I personally prefer the lake view, but I go a lot, and fireworks lovers really value the theme park view. When you hear them going off and you're in your lake view room and can't see them, there's just a bit of FOMO.

If you've never done BLT and don't think you'll be going frequently, I'd probably recommend splurging for the TPV, especially if you're at the top in a grand villa.

(If you were in a different type of room, you're at risk of being put on a lower floor, which is more of a "parking lot view" rather than a theme park view. But 3 bedroom grand villas can only be found at the top of BLT.)
Thank you for this! For me, it's hard to decide! We go yearly, but this is probably one and done for BLT (the selling point is proximatey to MK as we will have a 1.5 year old) but otherwise we like a few other resorts better.

Hi quick question, we will be staying at BLT for the first time in several years. On the day of arrival where do we go to check our luggage if our room isn't ready at time of arrival? Also, if we do online check-in and our room is ready, do we just enter the resort through the main doors of BLT or do we go to the Contemporary? Thanks

Hi quick question, we will be staying at BLT for the first time in several years. On the day of arrival where do we go to check our luggage if our room isn't ready at time of arrival? Also, if we do online check-in and our room is ready, do we just enter the resort through the main doors of BLT or do we go to the Contemporary? Thanks
No need to go to CR. BLT has a front desk. You can check your luggage in BLT lobby necessary. If your room is ready you can go directly to room.

Has anyone on this thread stayed in a GV or on the top floor in the past month or so? Are you able to access the observation deck or TOTWL without having to check in on the ground floor?

Has anyone been recently and took pics of what they sell at the Fantasia gift shop? I can’t seem to find recent pics online. Just want to see what they currently carry, so maybe we don’t have to pack as much or even place a grocery order for our upcoming stay. thx!
I was there in Aug 22, and visited in June 22, March 22, Feb 22 and stayed in Aug. 21 and I can go back…my point is since covid one of the freezers broke, and has been empty ever since. This limited availability of items, this past summer they seemed to put in a stand alone freezer but again supplies limited. We went to poly to shop for some needed things which seemed to be better stocked overall. Not sure if things are corrected yet, I will see this weekend…

I was there in Aug 22, and visited in June 22, March 22, Feb 22 and stayed in Aug. 21 and I can go back…my point is since covid one of the freezers broke, and has been empty ever since. This limited availability of items, this past summer they seemed to put in a stand alone freezer but again supplies limited. We went to poly to shop for some needed things which seemed to be better stocked overall. Not sure if things are corrected yet, I will see this weekend…
Hope you have a fantastic stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter