*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

We are renting points for a 1 bedroom lake view. Is there anything we could requests that would give us and type of view of MK? If not what are the best options?

Just got back from 8 nights in a 2 bedroom, and boy BLT is really due for that refurb. The room was pretty rough in my opinion and had a few issues with the appliances. I know it's coming hopefully next year, looking forward to it.

Just got back from 8 nights in a 2 bedroom, and boy BLT is really due for that refurb. The room was pretty rough in my opinion and had a few issues with the appliances. I know it's coming hopefully next year, looking forward to it.
I'm hoping that the refurbishment starts on schedule, but given what's been happening with other properties, I'm not holding my breath.

Anyone that's attempted a renovation project lately can attest to the ridiculous price of construction materials. That fact coupled with the shortage of qualified labor leads me to believe that management is going to kick that can down the road as far as they can. I can't believe what is (or maybe I should say isn't) happening at Boulder Ridge. I would be livid if I owned there.

If DVD has been budgeting planned renovations on pre-covid estimates, then I think it's fair to assume that they straight up don't have the money to complete these renovations on schedule.

Top of the World Lounge Reopening on July 11 at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort

The Walt Disney World Resort just announced that the recently-refurbished Top of the World Lounge (located atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort) will reopen to Disney Vacation Club Members as Top of the World Lounge – A Villains Lair on July 11, once again offering spectacular views for Members

As part of Membership Magic, a special hard-ticket event, the "Bound to be Bad" Fireworks Party, will be held prior to the opening on July 8-10. Members will revel in the darker side of their favorite Disney stories during a food-and-drink-filled fireworks party inside the newly refreshed lounge. Hosted by villain super-fans deviously decked out in their "Disney-bounding" best, this Membership Magic event includes a sinister spread of ominous appetizers, an open bar of cunningly crafted cocktails, and a raven's-eye view of the "Disney Enchantment" nighttime spectacular at Magic Kingdom Park.

This hard-ticket event will only be offered to eligible Members who are staying on Walt Disney World Resort property, who will receive more information about the reopening and event.

The location will operate daily from 6 p.m. to midnight; however, operating hours may be further impacted by blackout dates around major holidays and closure due to ticketed or other private events.

Top of the World Lounge Reopening on July 11 at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort

The Walt Disney World Resort just announced that the recently-refurbished Top of the World Lounge (located atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort) will reopen to Disney Vacation Club Members as Top of the World Lounge – A Villains Lair on July 11, once again offering spectacular views for Members

As part of Membership Magic, a special hard-ticket event, the "Bound to be Bad" Fireworks Party, will be held prior to the opening on July 8-10. Members will revel in the darker side of their favorite Disney stories during a food-and-drink-filled fireworks party inside the newly refreshed lounge. Hosted by villain super-fans deviously decked out in their "Disney-bounding" best, this Membership Magic event includes a sinister spread of ominous appetizers, an open bar of cunningly crafted cocktails, and a raven's-eye view of the "Disney Enchantment" nighttime spectacular at Magic Kingdom Park.

This hard-ticket event will only be offered to eligible Members who are staying on Walt Disney World Resort property, who will receive more information about the reopening and event.

The location will operate daily from 6 p.m. to midnight; however, operating hours may be further impacted by blackout dates around major holidays and closure due to ticketed or other private events.
So there's two different things, "A Villains Lair" and the "Bound To Be Bad" event. The "Villiains Lair is free for DVC members only, but the "Bound To Be Bad" event is $160.00pp!! I just called, and while I was on the phone I got the email!!

Disney Vacation Club Bound to Be Bad
Grand Opening Party​

Revel in a food-and-drink-filled fireworks party inside the Top of the World Lounge – A Villains Lair atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Hosted by villain super-fans deviously decked out in their “Disney-bounding” best, this Membership Magic event includes a sinister spread of ominous appetizers, an open bar of cunningly crafted cocktails and a raven’s-eye view of the “Disney Enchantment” nighttime spectacular at Magic Kingdom Park.

Event Dates: July 8, 2022 | July 9, 2022 | July 10, 2022

$160 per person, tax and gratuity included.

Please see important information below:

• When registration opens, this page will refresh and you will be placed in our virtual queue in random order, regardless of how early you joined this page. Those who enter after booking begins will be placed in numerical order.

Do not refresh the page while inside the virtual queue
or you will lose your place in line.

• While in the queue you will be able to see your place in line. As registration progresses, you will see the number of Guests ahead of you decrease. Once it’s your turn you will be automatically directed into the registration form.

Please have your Member identification number ready.

Registration will begin at:11:00 AM (6/24/2022)

I had asked 2 days ago and they said the calendar said closed until at least mid Sept so this is amazing news!

Quoting myself:

Update regarding TOWL Pre-Opening Party - “Bound To Be Bad”:

On July 8, Bay Lake Tower's 16th floor lounge will return as Top of the World Lounge - A Villain's Lair. Members can preview the reimagined space during "Bound to be Bad", a hard-ticket fireworks party offered for three nights on July 8-10. The event will feature appetizers and cocktails, along with private viewing of the "Disney Enchantment" fireworks display at the Magic Kingdom.

The private event is priced at $160 per person which includes tax and gratuity. The event is described as follows:

Revel in a food-and-drink-filled fireworks party inside the Top of the World Lounge – A Villains Lair atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Hosted by villain super-fans deviously decked out in their “Disney-bounding” best, this Membership Magic event includes a sinister spread of ominous appetizers, an open bar of cunningly crafted cocktails and a raven’s-eye view of the “Disney Enchantment” nighttime spectacular at Magic Kingdom Park.

Registration opens at 11:00am eastern on June 24, 2022. Disney will be using the virtual queue system to manage attendance. The registration page can be found HERE.

I don't own here but I managed to book my family into a 1 bedroom standard view for a week this June! I'm excited!
Wow, I was really impressed! (and sad that we left today)

I think I may have gotten the best “standard view” 1 bedroom in the building.

It was 7504. 5th floor, so the same floor as the walkway to the monorail. The view from the windows / balcony was sort of half theme park, half lake view. Best of both worlds, in my opinion, since you aren’t looking out over the parking lot, but you can still watch most of the fireworks.

The toddlers absolutely loved getting dressed for bed and then cozying up by the window to watch the fireworks.

My 2 year old would wake up every morning, and as soon as she saw me would say “I see fireworks now?”

It was a little disappointing that the pool areas both at the DVC building and at the main building had the kids’ splash pad areas turned off.

No matter, my kids decided that they’d just go down the 3 story water slide instead 😂.

The super short walk to MK is tough to beat, as well! The walk from the Grand Floridian is nicer, but it’s also much longer.

Overall, there were things for us all to love about our spot here. And I liked it more than I thought I would. We’ll look back fondly on this one for sure!

If we ever stay here again, though, I will surely be adding gallons of drinkable water to our grocery delivery order. Good lord is the tap water here atrocious! Why is the MK area tap water so much worse than the rest of Disney World?

Last edited:
I don't own here but I managed to book my family into a 1 bedroom standard view for a week this June! I'm excited!
Take it from me.....once you stay in a 1 bedroom BLT with the 2 washrooms, boy is it hard to go elsewhere, (I don't own there...BCV/Poly....but love BLT. If I were younger, definitely would add there.)
I even love the small studio (my husband calls it "cozy") because that great unique galley kitchen layout make even the small studio special.

I think they only fit four. They have a QS bed and double pullout. Even for four people these rooms are tight. Poly or GF studios hold 5 and are more spacious.
Thank you!! Planning a girls trip with my Mom and two daughters. CCV studios are also tight. I have one night at Poly reserved and stalking for three more nights around NYE. (I know I know, unicorn). Just seeing if I can open up my options. Thanks!!

Thank you!! Planning a girls trip with my Mom and two daughters. CCV studios are also tight. I have one night at Poly reserved and stalking for three more nights around NYE. (I know I know, unicorn). Just seeing if I can open up my options. Thanks!!
I think the best studios for 5 are GF, Poly and RR. They all have QS bed, QS Murphy bed and a twin pull down. My adult son is around 5’10” and he sleeps on the twin with no problem. These units also have a second shower which can help speed things up in the morning.

I'm hoping that the refurbishment starts on schedule, but given what's been happening with other properties, I'm not holding my breath.

Anyone that's attempted a renovation project lately can attest to the ridiculous price of construction materials. That fact coupled with the shortage of qualified labor leads me to believe that management is going to kick that can down the road as far as they can. I can't believe what is (or maybe I should say isn't) happening at Boulder Ridge. I would be livid if I owned there.

If DVD has been budgeting planned renovations on pre-covid estimates, then I think it's fair to assume that they straight up don't have the money to complete these renovations on schedule.
The speed new GF studio’s were built and delivered on time should ease any concerns about delays in construction at Disney.

The speed new GF studio’s were built and delivered on time should ease any concerns about delays in construction at Disney.
The new VGF Resort Studios weren’t built, they were redecorated. No structural work was done, other than exterior work, no Murphy beds installed. Not anything close to the amount of work needed for BRV, which by all rights should be ahead of BLT for refurbishment. Hopefully the BRV refurb will not experience delays, but I wouldn’t count on that.

The new VGF Resort Studios weren’t built, they were redecorated. No structural work was done, other than exterior work, no Murphy beds installed. Not anything close to the amount of work needed for BRV, which by all rights should be ahead of BLT for refurbishment. Hopefully the BRV refurb will not experience delays, but I wouldn’t count on that.
The entire VGF1 building had a full update including Murphy beds during this time.

It makes sense why they prioritized VGF even though it didn’t really need a refurb yet, but hopefully they get moving with the others that are needing it much more urgently!

Hi everyone- CCV owner here. Wondering if any BLT studios sleep 5? Thanks. ☺️
The only fifth allowed for BLT studios is a child under three. That is also true for the studios at SSR, AKV, OKW, CCV, Aulani, VGC, and VB. The Riviera Tower studios allow only two plus a child under three. All other studios at Riviera and the studios at VGF, Poly, BWV, BCV, and BRV allow five plus a child under three.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter