Bay Lake Tower Entry

robbb13

Earning My Ears
Good Afternoon All! I will be spending some time in Disney in a few weeks, but not staying on property as my girlfriend's parents recently purchased a home in the area. I am planning on proposing, and want to include watching the MK fireworks from the Top of the World Lounge in our night. My girlfriend is a DVC member, but we aren't staying on property.

I called to see if it was strictly enforced and if there was any way to get in even though we are not staying on property. The woman wasn't very willing to help, so I thought I would turn to you. If I am out of luck, I will figure something else out, but any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

no, sorry but you need to be a member staying on site. You don't have either of these.

The rules indicate that you would not be eligible to go up to TOTWL. You could go there, have your girlfriend show her DVC membership card and take a chance that someone will be not enforcing the rules.

But there is no way I would take such a risk on such an important occasion. And you actually would have no right to have access to Top of the World Lounge.

There are many other general attendance options for great proposal locations that would fit the bill completely. I would pursue one of those. Good luck!

no, sorry but you need to be a member staying on site. You don't have either of these.

Thanks Bill. My girlfriend is a DVC member. If I purchased a room for the night on site, would we be able to get in? Or would the room for the night need to be in her name?

Thanks Bill. My girlfriend is a DVC member. If I purchased a room for the night on site, would we be able to get in? Or would the room for the night need to be in her name?

I believe the room would need to be in your GFs name or she would at least need to be on the reservation.

The DVC member would be eligible to go up to TOTWL if staying on property. Not sure about you as the boyfriend even if you were listed on the same room as a guest. I would have her email Member Services via contacts and ask for a written opinion.

If you decide not to do TotWL, and personally, I wouldn’t take the chance of not getting in, I do have another suggestion for you. Go to the Polynesian, grab a couple of tropical drinks from the bar, and sit on the beach while watching the fireworks. I think that would be far more romantic than the Lounge.

The DVC member would be eligible to go up to TOTWL if staying on property. Not sure about you as the boyfriend even if you were listed on the same room as a guest. I would have her email Member Services via contacts and ask for a written opinion.
The member and any guests on their reservation are eligible to enter the TOTWL. The member must be present.

You could use California Grille as an alternate, and watch the fireworks from the observation platform at California Grille. If you don't have a reservation, you have two options. First, you could just show up and ask if they can seat you, or put you on their Alternate List. They book out, but they still generally have some open tables. Second, you could ask to go to the Lounge at the California Grille. The lounge sits in the middle and is surrounded by the restaurant. You can sit there at a small, informal table, and both of you can order whatever you want, right off the California Grille menu, and they will serve it to you right there.

Yes a listed guest on the reservation could go with the DVC member.

Try calling a DVC sales phone number and explain your situation.....you never know. Or ask her parents who their DVC person is. Personally I would try and reserve a Theme Park View studio to do the proposal. Good luck.

Another alternative to the lounge would be to go up the outside stairwells at the Contemporary to where you can view the Castle from a platform therefore having a great view of the fireworks. It's fairly quiet there as many don't know about it, and you'd be able to propose while the fireworks went off in the background.

I know about this because we used this recently for engagement photos (to get the fireworks) and it was more awesome and romantic than I thought it would be.

Just an idea. ;)

Is she on the deed or just her parents? If she isn't on the DVC deed, neither of you will be allowed up, no matter who makes the reservation for the onsite room. The member must be present and another not on the deed isn't a member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter