Basic 2-Day Plan

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
So, I have a couple of DL days coming up. I am more of a WDW expert so I am out of my element a little. My current play is to have a Park Hopper and:

Day 1: Rope Drop at DL and hit my Must-Do's then transfer to DCA until at least after WoC. When is a good time to make this switch, before DCA get's too crazy (i.e. can get a RsRR and WoC FP)?

Day 2: Rope Drop at DCA. Hit the key attractions, then meet my Family at DL where they will join me for the day. I have a lunch at Café Orleans for all of us at 1 PM.

Any thoughts on this? I am wondering if I shouldn't just forgo the Hopper and do a solid day at each park, but I kinda can't keep myself away from the DL side of things, so I'm not quite sure. Advise from the DL vets is appreciated!

The parks are so close and DCA closes earlier then DL most days, so I would still do a park hopper. You could alway do 1 park per day and if you decide to hop just upgrade your tix.

It'll depend on the hours the park is open while your there and what days as to how big crowds are. As far as RSR FP, they run out about 1.5 hours after park open. This is a ride with single rider, so you may not need a FP as long as your party is all over the age of 7. WOC FP runs out pretty slowly , however the earlier you get it the better the area for the early show (if there's 2 shows). For our family DCA is about a half day park if you use FP and single rider, but it depends on your priorities and if you want to take in a show or parade.

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking I'll want more time at DL than DCA. The hours were much shorter for DCA, but they extended them not long ago so they are close now (DCA closes at 11, DL at 12). I can definitely use Single Rider for RSR (it's just me for day 1), but I know that gets long too. I'm thinking my plan should work well, getting a rope drop at both parks, but spending most of my time at DL.

My path through DL that saves me the most time is to head into the parks and get a FP for Space, ride Space, ride Star Tours, and then head over to Indy and circle the park in a clockwise manner. Then, when the FP time comes up for Space, go ride again :) If possible, before or after Pirates, I like to run and grab a FP for BTMR so I can get two rides on that too. Have fun!!!

PS. I wrote a blog post for some DL tips...I hope it helps you. http://funintutus.blogspot.com/2014/01/tips-and-secrets-for-disneyland.html

My priorities are:

Indy
HM Holiday
Space
Most of Fantasyland (whatever they do not have (anymore) in MK)
Fantasmic!

RSR
Screamin'
ToT
World of Color

I was thinking to start with Indy, grab a FP too, then do HM, then hit Fantasyland. Or should I do Fantasyland first. Indy was under refurb on my previous DL trip so it is very high on my list!

Indy has single rider line, as does Splash and Matterhorn. In DCA there are single rider lines for RSR, Grizzly, Sreamin' and Soarin' ( don't bother with this one though, doesn't really save time). If the SRL for RSR reaches the bridge, then your wait will be about 30min. I've never waited longer than about 20min. Do this one at night if you can, it's well woth the wait!

are you staying on site? If no then be sure to do CA rope drop on a non-EE day and same applies for DL if you don't have MM/EE access - although if it turns out DL had MM then go straight to the left side (Indy, etc.) as soon as the park opens for you as it will open for everyone at that point.

We usually do rope drop then spend 2-3 hours at park 1 before going to park 2 - the only exception being if I'm going to be a FP runner in which case I run over to the other park shortly after rope drop at park 2.

I'm not onsite, so that's a consideration. I think it's CA both days though. Indy single-rider line is GREAT news to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter