Barstow - Route 66

Forget Barstow! There's nothing there. You will waste your time and you'd be better off driving straight through. However, if you would like to stay near Vegas and cut about an hour off the drive to Anaheim, try Primm, NV. It's at the NV/CA stateline. There's a trio of resorts there, Whiskey Pete's, Primm Valley Resort and Buffalo Bills. Buffalo Bills has some great attractions including "Desparado", which is a huge roller coaster. It's quite amazing. They also have a log ride, tower-ride (like Maliboomer) and more. There's a large outlet mall here too.

I'd stay there for the night and let the kids play before heading into Anaheim the next day.

I think I'm the only one in the world that was NOT impressed by In N Out burger when I went to Cali.
No you're not alone. Know a number of people who would rather go to other burger joints. Everyone has different tastes. We like them but to tell you the truth in all the traveling here the best burger I have had personally was at a place called Solly's Grille in Milwaukee,WI. It was called a butter burger. Hamburger grilled in butter Definitely not low cal.LOL Wish we had one nearby. Favorite here now is Five Bros Burgers. Sorry to stray OT. Looks like the majority rules. Bypass Barstow or just stop for gas. :thumbsup2

No you're not alone. Know a number of people who would rather go to other burger joints. Everyone has different tastes. We like them but to tell you the truth in all the traveling here the best burger I have had personally was at a place called Solly's Grille in Milwaukee,WI. It was called a butter burger. Hamburger grilled in butter Definitely not low cal.LOL Wish we had one nearby. Favorite here now is Five Bros Burgers. Sorry to stray OT. Looks like the majority rules. Bypass Barstow or just stop for gas. :thumbsup2

Do you mean Five Guys? Or is Five Bros different? If it's the same, definitely great burgers there! :thumbsup2

Kimya

Five Guys? Yea. Always seem to call it Five Brothers :confused3. They just opened another location near us. Love em and the Cajun fries. They always seem to add double to the paper bag. No need to ever buy a large.

Drive straight through if you can. It took us 5 hours from LV to LA but on the way back we did it in 4 hours. We couldn't wait to get back...lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter