Barcelona Airport to Hotel

House_of_Mouse Fan

Mouseketeer
My daughter and I are going on a 7-day Med cruise next month and will need to get from Barcelona airport to the Renaissance Barcelona Hotel (we have transfers from the hotel to the port). For those who have sailed from Barcelona, I'm looking for some feedback on which option you have used to get from the airport to the hotel and which one you would recommend.

Thanks in advance!

We took this trip in reverse, from our hotel which was close to Placa Catalonya and La Rambla, to the airport. The cost was about 30 Euros. We tipped generously, as the pickup at our hotel was very early in the morning, we had help with our luggage, and the driver was excellent. The ride was roughly 25 min. long.

I have been researching since I will need transportation to my hotel before the WBTA.

There are a few tour companies that will give a tour and transport you to your hotel after. Doesn't work for us since we arrive in the evening.

Aerobus & Metro should get you to your hotel. Seems like extra work having to move between two types of transportation.

Train & Metro- same as above, have to transfer unless your hotel happens to be near the station.

Tourist Active/ Holiday Taxis - shared airport shuttle

We used Autos Vilar for transfers from the airport to hotel and from the hotel to the port the next day. We couldn't be happier with the price or the service. It was nice because many flights came in late that morning for some reason, so the taxi line was insane. Our driver was waiting for us and made the process very seamless.

I've taken the Aerobus before to get from the airport to my hotel which is near the city centre. The bus leaves every five minutes and it was approximately a 40-minute ride to the city centre near La Ramblas. I typically purchase a bus pass since that is how I get around when visiting Barcelona.

We took a taxi. It was very easy, there were 4 of us with 2 bigger suitcases and 3 carry ons.

Pre booked van snd luggage meet and greet for four €69 with Barcelona a Day tours, there doing all my transfers

We've done both a taxi and private transfers (Barcelona Day Tours) on this exact route. The taxi was around 30-35 euros, the private transfers about 2x that.

On our recent med cruise in June, we had a pickup by BDT from the airport and then did a tour of the city with them before going to the hotel for half a day. Though we were a bit tired coming off of an overnight international flight from the US, we felt it helped us acclimate to the time change more readily instead of going directly to the Renaissance and crashing. (Side note, even though we had email exchanges with the hotel confirming early arrival and didn't arrive until 2pm after our tour, our room wasn't ready.)

Enjoy Barcelona and the Med Cruise!

Another vote for Autos Vilar! Used them last year and have them booked for this year. Excellent personal service and very flexible when I sent an email the evening before to change my morning pick up time. Really not much more than a cab, worth every penny.

We also used a private transfer, SunTransfers, when we arrived in Barcelona. They were awesome. Cost about 34 euros. We also tipped generously. We took a taxi back to the airport - about 30 euros. Taxis have fixed prices per mile there, so no gauging if you're stuck in traffic.

We were a party of six and we used Suntransfers from BCN to hotel. Upon disembarking we used Barcelona Day Tours for a half day city tour before drop off at hotel. Both were companies did not disappoint.

We also used SunTransfers for our June 14th Med cruise. It was about 50 usd and it was really nice not having to worry about how to find a taxi after flying all night. The driver was waiting for us right after we left baggage claim. He was really nice, the van was clean and the entire experience was great.

We used Barcelona Day Tours from BCN to our hotel, Hispanos 7 Suiza and then from port to BCN. We also used them for their 4 hour city tour the day before we sailed. The hotel offered transfer to the port that was cheaper than BDT so we chose that and all was good.

We have used suntransfers for the last 3 years and have always been delighted with the service and price.
We have them booked again for our trip on the Magic July 26th :cool1:

If your staying pre or post cruise, you need to book 2 separate trips as the 'roundtrip' option assumes you are being dropped off and collected from the same place.
You can do Airport to hotel (resort) and then ship/hotel(resort) to airport.

Highly recommended :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter