• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Barb's Journal (replies welcome here too)

Bichon Barb

<font color=darkorchid>Mmmmm. French fries. Oh to
I'm so glad I found this group. Everytime I start following the WW plan, I blow it off after a few days. This is just the boost I need. I've start WW this morning, although I'm not joining the actual WW group. I know the plan well as I lost 19 1/2 lbs. from 1/02 to 5/02 after joining WW. Oh, I'm also going to try to get as many of my points from low carb foods as possible, because I know this will speed things along. Sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes whenever possible, cut out sides of Italian bread in restaurants, etc. I plan on banking food points and exercise points during the week so that I can be a hedonist on the weekends. LOL.

I got on the scale this morning. BBBS (before breakfast birthday suit). I set it properly and stood on it flat footed with even weight -- NO CHEATING! I had originally thought I gained back about 6 or 7 lbs, but actually it is 9 lbs. I weigh 160 lbs. And this is a "good" time of the month to weigh myself! I should expect that this would equal 165 lbs. at the doctor's office (with clothes on later in the day). That reminds me, I haven't had my thyroid checked in a while. Need to schedule an appointment. (I have hypothyroidism.)

Rob's 20 year reunion is the weekend of 7/11. My 20 year is the following weekend, 7/18. So, I've set a goal of 15 lbs. in 10 weeks. After the first week, I'm doing well if I drop one pound a week, so this is a realistic goal for me.

BTW, I'm 38 years old and am 5'6" tall. I'm married with two boys (7 and 9). My husband was diagnosed with high blood pressure a year or two ago. He's on meds now and doing great. After he was diagnosed, he made minimal diet changes and started lifting weights a few times a week. I don't know how much weight he lost. Let's put it this way, he used to look 7 months pregnant, now he looks about 3 :p . I can't help but be a bit envious. He hardly does anything and looks great. I bust my rump and struggle. :rolleyes: . Hey, I know I should be happy for him, but I can't help it. I'm just being honest here ;) . Well, soon we shall both be thin and I will be getting all those compliments too!

Day 1 went very well. Took Otto for a brisk 1/2 hour walk in the a.m. Here's what I ate:

cereal and milk
carrots
Subway seafood on wheat no cheese
cantaloupe
turkey leg (no skin)
mashed potatoes
salad
Garcia's chips and a few peanuts

For those of you who've never heard of Garcia's tortilla chips, they're great. Only two points for something like 16 chips. They are a hearty size too. They have 4 grams of fat, 4 units of fiber and are not too salty. I buy them at BJ's wholesale club.

Anyway, I managed to bank a few points for tonight. I think we are going to make Thai food tonight. (DH and I have a Friday tradition of feeding the kids first, then we cook a fun grown up recipe.)

Here is today's menu:

Stone ground whole wheat toast with natural low fat peanut butter
cantaloupe
Schwan's turkey sticks that I haven't tried yet (3 pts for 4 pcs)
Pasta salad
Cellophane noodles with veggies and shrimp
either sushi or small egg roll
White wine spritzers with citrus slices

I already did the treadmill - two points worth.

Rob's Thai stir fry came out excellent! And I stayed on program! He brought home some sushi, so I had three pieces -- only 1 1/2 points. I like that. He stir fried shrimp, broccoli, a few peanuts, onion and carrots with cellophane noodles. I have to check the label, but I think cellophane noodles have half the carbs of regular noodles.

Rob got up early and went fishing this morning :confused: . This is something new. He came home with a Dunkin Donut wheat bagel with egg and sausage for me--no cheese or butter--he knows I'm doing WW:rolleyes: . I didn't care. I ate it without a bit of guilt. I just followed it with a 1 1/2 mile walk and 45 minutes of gardening. So that made up for 4 of those 12 points. :p For lunch I had a salad with LF dressing. I had to have a snack this afternoon, so I had some cantaloupe (when will it be gone?) and a few Garcia chips.

The kids are going to Kids Night Out which is sponsored by the LeMoyne College men's basketball team, so DH and I are going to take advantage of the four hours without kids and go out to dinner. We're going downtown to Traditions. I better come up with a game plan on what to eat. I know I'm NOT eating any bread, and I probably won't order pasta dish. Maybe some kind of grilled chicken or tuna.

I'll check in tomorrow. Time to get beautiful ;) .

I didn't post yesterday, I need to catch up.

Saturday night went well. We ate a Kitty Hoynes, and I had grilled chicken on foccacia with brie and tomatoes and red peppers. I only ate half of the foccacia roll, but I did eat the brie. It came with pasta salad and I ate half of that.

Yesterday was tough. I had two buckwheat pancakes with light syrup for B-fast. Went to a first communion party at 1:00. I was a fiesta. Make your own burrito's. I stayed away from the cheese appetizers but did sneak a couple of the other appetizers. Made a burrito with a little ground beef and refried beans. Also had a salad.

For dinner I had grilled turkey (what is the turkey thing lately?) with couscous and corn on the cob. Did well there.

Exercise yesterday consisted of walking the dogs at a slow pace, playing basketball for 1/2 hour and then riding my bike for a half hour.

Today I didn't go in the office 'cause I have an eye dr. appt. this morning. I've been doing lots of cleaning. That still is worth exercise points. I had a bowl of good cereal with some strawberries. Not sure about lunch yet, but for dinner I'll make spagetti with poultry meatballs and a salad. If the rain holds off, I'll do some walking later.

I know I'm not supposed to, but I snuck a peek at the scale yesterday. I was down three pounds!! But my official weigh in isn't until Thursday.

I'm having a lousy morning. I picked up the contact lenses yesterday. Saw a different dr. He scheduled me for a new test they have downtown as my eye pressure were 23 (below 22 is normal). Great, now I can worry that I have glaucoma :rolleyes: . He was nice about it. He said to go get the test done, then you don't have to worry about it for another year. I'm going out with the girls for dinner tonight (late birthday celebration), and I'm not even looking forward to it. Also, I broke my glasses Friday, and they are not sitting straight on my face, and it's giving me a headache. Wah, wah, wah. I feel like such a geek! I ordered new frames (tortoiseshell plastic), and they should be in later this week. Amen. I've been wearing wire frames for so long, I hope these new ones look okay, 'cause they are quite different.

(Sorry, got a little carried away with my whine a thon there.)

Okay, last night made biscetti and meatballs. They are turkey meatballs I bought at BJ's. ONLY 1 POINT EACH! Of course I had to get into the popcorn later on. No problem.

Walked at a good pace for 20 minutes on the treatmill this a.m.

This morning I had a slice of ruggenbrot with low fat peanut butter and a banana. Healthy choice 4 pt. frozen dinner for lunch. I chose to go to Chili's for dinner, because I know they have healthy alternatives there. So, I'll behave myself 'cause I know I'll have a couple of beers with the girls tonight. Then I'll see their skinny little size 6 butts and get depressed. Just kidding.

Thursday morning weigh in. Can't wait.

Took the eye test yesterday. The doctor said it was the best result he had seen all day. I got so excited I high-fived him :o . No glaucoma. Of course the appt ran late, so hurried home, took a quick shower and went out to dinner with the girls and celebrated! I had a ball, but I wasn't too happy with what the scale said this morning :rolleyes: . I'm guzzling the H2O in the hopes that I am just retaining water. Tomorrow is my first weigh in, so I hope I didn't blow it last night. Anyway, I'm not going to think about it anymore. When I get home, I'll take a long walk, and try to behave tonight.

Today:

2 slices stone ground whole wheat toast with a little LF peanut butter.
1 cup pasta with two turkey meatballs
small salad with LF dressing
Tonight lean beef with sweetpotatoes and peppers and a veggie

3 lb. loss this first week. When I weighed myself Tuesday morning, I was down 4 lbs. :( . It could be just water retention from going out to dinner with the girls Tuesday night and also last night's dinner was pretty salty. Oh well. Maybe it will show up on next week's weigh in. I'm being a brat, because I know after the first week, it's slow going.

For breakfast I had some leftover sweet potatoes with onions :p . For lunch I have leftover chicken and rice and veggies. I don't have dinner planned yet, but I think I'll pick up some chicken and make fajitas.

I had to get into the office early today, so I haven't exercised yet. I'll take a long walk this evening.

160/157/145

Having a good morning! Took a brisk two mile walk. Got on the scale, because I'm still miffed about yesterday's weigh in. Sure enough, I'm down 4.5 lbs. Finally got rid of the H2O weight -- albeit after my official weigh in :rolleyes: . That's okay. I still say 3 lbs and hopefully I'll take off another two next week.

Had a big whole wheat bagel with low fat veggie cream cheese. I don't usually use so many points for breakfast, but that bagel was calling me. I'll run to the grocery store at lunch and get a nice big salad.

For dinner we are having marinated tuna steaks (low points!). I don't know what we'll have on the side yet. Maybe some rice. Of course there will be the requisite spritzers with dinner. ;)

Okay, need to wipe off the slate and start clean.

What a weekend :rolleyes: . I exercised a lot, but let's just say that wasn't enough! Mother's day? Aye-yi-yi! Filet mignon, roasted potatoes, and the list goes on. Saturday night, we were too tired to cook after cleaning windows and gardening all day. We ordered grilled chicken sandwiches with fresh mozzarella and roasted peppers and artichokes. I HAD to try the onion rings that Rob ordered. Once I ate one, I couldn't stop, and they were the greasiest things I've ever tasted.

But, clean start today:

Whole wheat toast with little bit of natural low fat peanut butter. Have to go for thyroid check, so I'll pick up a subway sandwich after appt. Tonight spagetti and a few of those turkey meatballs and a salad.

Did 20 minutes on the treatmill.

Gotta run to the doctor's.

Yesterday could have been a disaster, but I ended up breaking even on points. Whew! After my doctor's appt I figured I'd stop by KFC and pick up a twister with the roasted chicken and no sauce and a mashed and gravy (8 pts.) Well there was a 16 minute wait on the roasted chicken, and I was running late, so I ordered the zinger twister. Well she put the sauce on it. I got back to the office and tried to scrape it off. I got on the KFC website and the damned thing has 38 grams of fat in it! (No wonder it tasted so good. He-he.)

I cut back my dinner portion and did some extra exercising. Hopefully that made up for some of the twister.

Today I did the treadmill for 20 minutes. I had a low fat yogurt and grapes for breakfast. For lunch I'll have a salad with LF dressing and a Lean Cuisine. For dinner we're having chicken, oven baked fries and corn on the cob.

Did well yesterday. Stayed under points and added lots of floor exercises to the 20 minutes on the treatmill.

Weighed myself this morning (my official weigh in is tomorrow) and I'm only down 1/2 lb. for the week?!?! This is totally discouraging! My jeans feel loose, so I'll try not to let it get me down.

Did 20 minutes treatmill this a.m. Ate 2 slices stone ground wheat toast with a tbsp of all natural low fat PB. For lunch is a Boca Sausage on a hotdog roll, 2 pts. worth of Garcia's chips, and some applesauce. I don't know about dinner yet. Maybe some kind of shrimp and pasta. Maybe I'll buy some diavlo sauce?

Dr. called yesterday. Thyroid numbers are good. Oh well, can't use that as an excuse.

Weighed in this morning. Lost 1 lb. :rolleyes: Like I said, better than gain 1 lb.

160/145/156

Had LFPB on WW toast again.
For lunch will have leftover pasta with tomatoes and shrimp from last night. (Great recipe I got from my WW cookbook. Rob loved it too.)

Dinner is going to be tough. Eric has a play at 6:00 p.m., so the boys want to order a pizza before. Eek! I wish they liked Chinese food. Oh well, I'll just have to stick with one or one and a half slices.

Gorgeous day today. I'll walk the dogs after work.

Yesterday went well. Instead of ordering a pizza, I ran to the grocery store and picked up already cooked chicken. Didn't eat the skin. Made a big salad, and had a half of roll with it. Popcorn later on.

This morning I had the best 4 pt breakfast. A light english muffin withe Bummel & Brown's on it and two scrambled egg beaters. That was the first time I ever had egg beaters. Yummm!

For lunch I'll get a big salad.

For dinner we are going to grill some very lean burgers. I'm in the mood for a good burger. And some Mic Ultra's of course ;) .

Did treadmill for 20 minutes. If the weather clears, I'll mow the lawn this evening.

Think I managed to maintain this weekend. I'll take it. Time to get to work.

Walked 1 1/2 miles this morning. Had cereal for breakfast and just ate some carrots. Crab salad sandwich and some Garcia's for lunch. For dinner I think I'll make spagetti and turkey meatballs and salad.

Decent day yesterday. Except when puppy woke me up to go out at 1:30 a.m., and while waiting for her to do her thing, I sleep walked over to the cookies :rolleyes: .

Anyway, today I had good ole LF PB on WW toast for B'fast. I have to run errands at lunch. I'll probably get soup and small salad at grocery store. Chicken fahitas for dinner.

I had to get into the office early this a.m., so I didn't walk yet. I'll do that when I get home from work.

Weighed in a day early. (PMS is starting as is a holiday weekend, so I thought I better do it now.) Lost another pound--that makes for 5 lbs.! I'm not upset that it took three weeks to reach lose 5 lbs as I don't feel deprived.

I'm glad I got my clippie, 'cause this should keep me motivated when we are camping with Rob's sisters this weekend. (They get me into trouble!! He-he.) Weather is supposed to be crappie, so I don't want to sit around munching all weekend.

Okay, high fiber cereal with a few strawberries for b'fast. Kids have a half day today, so I'll eat lunch at home. Don't know what yet, and I have no idea what we'll do for dinner either. I better be careful.

Yesterday went okay. Used up all my points. Walked for exercise.

This a.m. I had LF PB on toast. For lunch I'm having some leftover pasta and some carrots. For dinner probably chicken, salad, and leftover potatoes. But if I get too busy with packing for this weekend, we'll order a pizza. I love pizza, but one slice just doesn't do it :rolleyes: , so I've been avoiding it. Oh, Eric has basketball tonight. Have to eat early.

Quick post. I've got to get going and run errands and do packing for the camping trip.

In all honesty, I probably won't be writing down what I eat this weekend. My plan is to not eat the usual camping fodder (chips, mac salad, etc.) and eat like I normally do. I'll pick up some Mich Ultra today instead of drinking high carb beer. For exercise, I plan to walk the beach every day. Hopefully it won't be TOO cold and I won't have to walk with my snowsuit on ;) . The weather is supposed to really suck. And being up north on Lake Ontario, it probably will be even colder than here in the City. Oh well, the kids are really looking forward to getting the pop up out again and seeing their cousins.

I thought this was supposed to be a quick post :rolleyes: .

Blech! It rained all weekend. Couldn't walk, so I sat in the trailer and ate chocolate chip cookies. :( Temperature was in the mid 50's. It was just a miserable weekend. Even started TOM Sunday night--a day earlier than I expected :rolleyes: . Not a good way to start the camping season.

Anyway, I got up the guts to hop on the scale this morning, and I was surprised to find that I am only 1 lb. up. Time to start fresh. Ate my LF PB on WW toast for breakfast. Running to the grocery store on lunch hour. I'll get something healthy for lunch. I need to drink more water.

I'll walk when I get home today.

Yesterday went well. Salad and small soup for lunch, skinless chicken legs and oven fries and corn for dinner, popcorn in the evening. Did leisurely walking and housecleaning yesterday.

This morning I walked a mile and did some stretching. The usual for b-fast and for lunch I'm having a Boca sausage and roll and Garcia's and a peach. For dinner ham and lf cheese and noodle casserole and a salad.

I probably will make my weigh in day Friday so that I can still rid myself of the excesses of the weekend. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter