Bang for your Buck Snacks

PrinceOfPeace

Mouseketeer
Not sure if this should be under the budget board, however, I'm asking here because it is a food question. We are on a budget this time around and my hubby and I are going to be sharing snacks, or if the portion is large enough something for the family. We normally get turkey legs, but can't think of anything else that satisfies as a snack that we can share. Any 'bang for your buck' snack ideas? We are a family of 5 but thinking portion size for 2 or 3. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
There are several loaded mac & cheese/tater tot options that would work as a hearty shareable snack if there are enough people in your group like the components and don't mind things touching. Pretzels, waffles and baguettes were easy to split. If you are going when temps are lower, the refillable popcorn bucket can be a good value if you are taking a longer trip. Also, don't forget you can bring in your own snacks.

HS - also has funnel cake sundaes that are big at Epic Eats
(Iirc that used to be named Oasis Canteen with same menu and !Gigantic!, but the prices actually used to be slightly higher 4-5yrs ago so possibly smaller portions now, though I’d still expect sharable)

AK - for a not just sugar snack Yak & Yeti takeout. Chicken fried rice goes a long way. Pair it with rib tips or sesame chicken (adding both probably means lunch for family 0f 5).

EP - Refreshment Port Another savory snack. These are monsters. Huge and delicious. The menu shows 2 choices but i think there’s usually also a third seasonal choice - like the Thanksgiving one is Incredible! One could’ve probably fed 3 people for lunch- it was sweet potato french fries with alot of turkey, turkey gravy, stuffing and cranberry sauce.

Oh another favorite - Epcot Karamel Kuche in Germany - Caramel popcorn is $5 a bag and bangin’! It’s the epitome of fresh and full of real flavor (they are making it right there). 2 bags would be plenty to share.

The funnel cakes and nutella/fruit waffles at MK Sleepy hollow are definitely big enough to share! We got one of each for our family of five and it was plenty!
We've had those! I actually make the fruit waffles for breakfast! Looking for more protein or savory options. Any ideas?

There are several loaded mac & cheese/tater tot options that would work as a hearty shareable snack if there are enough people in your group like the components and don't mind things touching. Pretzels, waffles and baguettes were easy to split. If you are going when temps are lower, the refillable popcorn bucket can be a good value if you are taking a longer trip. Also, don't forget you can bring in your own snacks.
Great ideas! Baguette sounds great. I'll have to figure out where to get that.

Not necessarily shareable with more than 2 people, but the pickles at the fruit stands are large and reasonably priced. We’ve found they’re key to keeping headaches at bay while sweating all day in FL heat

Okay this could be a meal or a snack but the best value I have ever found for a family is the whole pizza at one of the value resorts food court. For $20 you get a whole cheese pizza (8 good size slices) so if you consider each slice a snack that is only $2.50 per snack. Considering the average snack at Disney is around $7-$8 dollars you could not do better than that or, as previously mentioned, if you expense yourself for the popcorn bucket and then get $2.25 refills.

P.S. The new Trails End quick service at Fort Wilderness also serves whole pizzas same cost as above and is a nice relaxing boat ride from Magic Kingdom so easy to do for lunch or dinner.

Last edited:
We've had those! I actually make the fruit waffles for breakfast! Looking for more protein or savory options. Any ideas?
DH and I keep going back each trip and sharing HS ABC Commissary

Mediterranean Salad with Chicken​

Marinated Chicken served over Mixed Greens with Tomatoes, Cucumber, Pepperoncini, Kalamata Olives, and Feta tossed in a Mediterranean Vinaigrette served with Hummus and Grilled Flatbread $12.29
3D7D28B8-1BAC-4A9E-8292-2CD996537CBD.jpeg

Arugula-Farro Salad​

Arugula, Farro, Granny Smith Apples, Dried Cranberries, Plant-based Parmesan, and Pecans tossed in a Dijon Vinaigrette $3.79

Easy location that side of the park. Mobile order and usually ready as you walk over. Easy to find a clean table, great AC and quiet restroom… enjoyable and great fuel! These 2 are substantial in amount of food, and the side of French Fries is good quality and portion too. It’s become a go-to for being super quick and refreshing. Real food! Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter