1/8 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Butter
Syrup

Trim heels off of cinnamon bread loaf. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, dowel out a hole in the middle of the loaf. Stuff banana or bananas into hole
carefully so they don't mash. Whisk eggs, cream, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and vanilla extract in a bowl. Carefully slice cinnamon bread about
1/8-inch thick. Dip slices in egg bath. Melt butter in a large skillet and brown slices about 1 to 2 minutes per side. If doing this in batches, keep warm in
oven. Serve with maple syrup and pat of butter Only cut off slices you will be using. You can freeze the rest of the loaf and use any time.

That sounds really good. Do you know if you can freeze the leftover heavy cream? I'm guessing you couldn't use it for whipped cream after that, but maybe freeze it in ice cubes and add it to recipes as necessary.

I have a recipe for Stuffed French Toast, too! It's a bit different.

I got the recipe from the 1986 WDW recipe book Cooking with Mickey Around Our World. Here goes:

Stuffed French Toast

Papeete Bay Verandah
Coral Isle Cafe
Polynesian Village Resort

Yield: 2 servings

2 or 4 slices sourdough bread cut 1-inch thick
1 banana
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
oil or shortening for frying
whipped butter, if desired
maple syrup, if desired

Depending on the size of the bread slices, cut a 1-inch pocket in one side of each bread slice. Cut banana in half crosswise, then split each piece lengthwise. Remove peel and stuff 2 pieces in each pocket of bread, again depending on size. If slices are small, use 4 and stuff 1 piece of banana in each pocket. Set aside. Mix sugar and cinnamon. Set aside. Mix egg, milk and vanilla until well blended.

Heat about 4 inches of oil or shortening in a pan to 350 degrees F. Dip stuffed bread into egg and milk mixture, soaking a few minutes to penetrate into bread. Fry in hot oil or shortening until lightly browned, turning to brown both sides, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels on cake rack. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and serve at once. If desired, spread with whipped butter and serve with maple syrup.

NOTE: If more servings are desired, double only the amount of bread, bananas, egg, milk and vanilla for 4 servings.

Both recipes sound yummy! My husband made the version from the Polynesian once and it was devine. Pumba your version with the raisin bread sounds great too.

But I can't have any of that until I take off some weight! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter