• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bama ED's Live Trip Report March 18-24, 2012

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
Bama ED is at the Fort. :banana:

If you are at the Fort, come by site 1520 and say hello.

If you are not at the Fort, drop a quick reply onto this thread and say hello too.

Oh, stay tuned. popcorn::

Bama Ed

IMG_20120318_170020.jpg

We will be camping at the fort in 19 days! I can not wait to follow this and get all hyped for my trip!!! Hope you have a wonderful vacation I am looking forward to following it. :cool1:

Have a GREAT time! Wish we could be there to meet you! Is the green sign a Disboard thing? If so, that is cool! I wondered how we'd know fellow members... :goodvibes

Ok Ed, I am in! I didn't do so good on my live trip report last Thanksgiving due to lack of wireless, so is wireless at the sites now? I hope so. Also are you going back in June? I am confused I didn't think your ticker said anything about being there now. It looks like you are in the back of the 1500 loop.

Edit: Sorry Ed, saw your later report about no wireless at campsites.

Ok Ed, I am in! I didn't do so good on my live trip report last Thanksgiving due to lack of wireless, so is wireless at the sites now? I hope so. Also are you going back in June? I am confused I didn't think your ticker said anything about being there now. It looks like you are in the back of the 1500 loop.

Edit: Sorry Ed, saw your later report about no wireless at campsites.

Sorry Yensid, I've been meaning to fix that ticker for several months now. :rolleyes:

Bama ED

Welcome Monday morning from the Fort. The place is slammed full but the weather is wonderful, the pollen is not too bad yet, and there is lots to do.

We checked in yesterday morning at 1115 am. The checkin lanes were all short and we drove right up to the window. In front of us was a LONG continuous line of traffic leaving the Fort that morning. The official check out time is 11 so everyone checking out that morning seemed to have enjoyed the Fort as long as they could before leaving. We were early of course but were checked in and totld to park in the overflow lot until we were texted the site was ready. after waiting a few minutes we left the property towing the popup still and headed for some lunchh off property.

After lunch was some grocery shopping at the winn dixie then then back to the Fort at 215 pm. Still no text our site was ready. The checkin line then was as full as i have ever seen it . back to the guard shack.

IMG_20120318_141447.jpg

IMG_20120318_143008.jpg

Just as I was wondering if I should ask someone the text came. 1520 was ready. it is an outside site on the left side of the loop up near the main road. it backs up to the little side canal that takes people back by the pool.

After a setup we went over to the Meadow TP. Going by the pool it was pretty full and lounge chairs scarce. i got a new happy camper fort tee shirt so i am good for this trip. The CM said they were sold out of a lot of the Fort specific merchandise. Then a bike ride down to the beach area and got a Giddy up and Go aka GAG for $25 which was also the cost of a Trails End single buffet. our 10 piece chicken dinner with two sides and cornbread fed 4 of us with leftovers for the same price.

IMG_20120318_174501.jpg

IMG_20120318_174239.jpg

IMG_20120318_174107.jpg

IMG_20120318_174017.jpg

IMG_20120318_173954.jpg

After dinner a bike ride. 1500 loop is full. 2000 loop had only 3 empty sites out of 69. No campfire tonight. Tested the wifi at all the places Outpost, Meadows, and Trails End. it is free but slow. No free service in the loops.

IMG_20120318_194458.jpg

This morning I was up at 645 for a 3 mile jog. [truth be told there was a lot of walk in that jog though]. Early morning is one of my favorite times at the Fort. The sun doesnt come up till 730 officially so it is dark but not quiet. The birds know sunrise is comimg and so i am serenaded as I shuffle along the sidewalk. Afterwards I walked back along the canal behind loops 1500, 1600, and 1800. I think it was poster ArielRae or serenitygr asking about canal sites in 1800. with my back to the canal looking at 1800 there is a truck gate. on the right side there are maybe 3 canal sites. to the left there are 2. there are 2 sites across from the gate. the outer most sites are marginal canal sites. so not many but a few. Here is the canal this morning.

IMG_20120319_074003.jpg

Our picnic table has a sign. Iam sure it refers to the squirells.

IMG_20120319_074632.jpg

IMG_20120319_074055.jpg

Now i am at the Meadow TP on the back porch by the lake sucking down some free wifi, uploading pix to photobucket, and listening to the overhead background music. the birds are still singing , and the sun has finally tooped the canopy and its rays are warm.

here is my setup. bluetooth keyboard, plug, and my camera phone tablet - a 5 inch android.

IMG_20120319_080238.jpg

Lots to do today. More to come. If you have questions please ask.

Bama ED

Thank you Bama Ed for your update on the Fort, it brought a big smile to my face. We'll be there in 27 days, so excited. This will be the first time we come down to Florida in the spring. Hoping the weather will be about the same as October. Thank you again for the Trip Report :cool1:

It seems like your trip is off to a good start.

Here in Pennsylvania the weather is so nice, that I've started spring cleaning the rv. Not going to Disney this year (thinking maybe next year), but we still want to go camping as soon as possible.

Thank you Bama Ed for your update on the Fort, it brought a big smile to my face. We'll be there in 27 days, so excited. This will be the first time we come down to Florida in the spring. Hoping the weather will be about the same as October. Thank you again for the Trip Report :cool1:

Wow kagoguen. Maine is a long way from the Fort. Travel safely and have a great trip.

Bama ed

Hello,
Very nice Trip Report. We love the campground:) Thanks and have a real fun time.

Holly:hippie:

Sorry Yensid, I've been meaning to fix that ticker for several months now. :rolleyes:

Bama ED

Oh, too bad. I was hoping to get to say hello. I have enjoyed your posts and advice over the years.

Keep the posts coming, i am determined to do a live TR myself.

Have a GREAT time! Wish we could be there to meet you! Is the green sign a Disboard thing? If so, that is cool! I wondered how we'd know fellow members... :goodvibes

Yes the green mickey head is a DIS symbol and not just the camping board. I will find that thread and give it a bump. Read the last few pages.

Bama ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter