Balancing Parks, Rest and Birthdays! A July 2023 Trip Report

They WON!!!! They are Atlantic Coast Champions!!!! It was a nerve racking day but amazing!
Congrats!!!

Your life has me exhausted.

I remember being that busy with my 3 kids. I had a small lull as they started leaving home, but not we're busy with the grandkids.

Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!

I hope everyone had a good holiday. I was planning on posting on Sunday, but we ended up spending the whole day putting up our Christmas decorations. It was tiring but the house looks so nice now! I love it!

But let's get back on track here with the trip report!!!

Day One: Is the Chicken Fried Steak any good?

I left us off heading back to the room from to rest for awhile. This day we didn't do much, we all showered and took naps. The girls watched youtube on there ipads and Gwen watched some Bluey on the tv.

We did have a dinner reservation, so we left the room right at 4:00.
Leaving for dinner

We used the bus app again and didn't wait long for a bus. When we got to Disney Springs, our bus driver gave a big explanation of where to go to get a bus back later tonight. It was super detailed about going around to Coke Store and around. Didn’t seem like anyone was listening to him. Not my girls! They listened to every word.. ha.

We were at Disney Spring at 4:18!
Foggy Glasses Club part 2
Morgan and Andy started the foggy glassese club today, I think. They realized this was going to be a "thing", this trip.

We didn't have a ton of time to kill before dinner, but we headed to World of Disney.
World of Disney
Morgan wanted to look for the water bottle she saw last night! She inspected all of the bottles for the cutest cheeks and which cheeks were on the best. Isn't it cute?
Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 6.56.00 AM

Andy checked out hats.
Hats
Gwen put them on my head thinking she was funny.

I bought a tin mug with the mountains on it, including Splash Mountain.
Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 6.57.51 AM
I thought it was intresting that it had Splash on it.

Gwen checked out the Big Footies but didn’t like any of them. She said she changed some of the original ones and was offended by this... ha

We made our purchases via the app and headed to dinner.

We got to Homecomin' at 5:10, right at our reservation time.

We checked in at the front desk and they took my cell phone number to call us when our table was ready. We headed into the lobby area as it was sprinkling. We waited 5 or 10 minutes to be seated, so not too bad.

It did feel like forever to have someone come over but I think it was just that we were hungry. Nothing more than that.

We started with some appetizers, since we were so hungry.... Gwen really wanted to get the gator bites again but they didn't have them on the menu. Andy asked the waitress and she said that they were "having a hard time getting quality gator" Which I thought was intresting...

Hush Puppies
Instead, Gwen and Andy decided on the Hush puppies.

Bunch of Puppies

House-made hushpuppies served with pimento cheese and red jalapeño jell

I didn't eat them, but Andy and Gwen said they were good. But of course, Gwen said they weren't as good as the gator bites.

Morgan and I had something else in mind!
Fried Green Tomatoes

Bee Haven Bay Fried Green Tomatoes

Shaved ham, rémoulade sauce, and dressed local greens

I love these!!! Now we are from the north, so fried green tomatoes aren't really something we can get. I have no idea if these are authentic or not. But they are yummy. And Morgan loves them now as well! So, Morgan and I shared them!

For drinks, Andy got his beloved Sweet Tea Moonshine, but one a class, not a squeeze bottle. Which in my opinion isn't as fun.
Moonshine Iced Tea
And I got a Moonshine Mash, but I don't seem to have a picture. Which def means we were hungry!

For our meals, Andy and I decided to split Fried Chicken Dinner.
Fried Chicken and Mashed Potatoes

Art's Famous Fried Chicken

Buttermilk-brined for 24 hours then perfectly fried and served with creamy mashed potatoes, a cheddar drop biscuit and love
This was deliscous as always. The chicken is so good. I kind of wanted a salad but this is so much food, it would have been silly for Andy to order it on his own.

Morgan got the Thigh High Biscuit Sliders
Morgan & Her Chicken Sliders

Thigh High Chicken Biscuits

Three biscuits topped with Chef Art's famous fried chicken thighs and bread and butter pickles. Drizzled with hot honey
Morgan asked for no hot honey.

These really are the best. They are sooo filling, I think Morgan only ate one after the fried green tomatoes. I probably could have splith that with Morgan instead of Andy's meals. Morgan really liked it.

And then Gwen.... Gwen was being a pain with ordering today. She was def Hangry... I am not even sure why, but we encouraged Gwen to order the Chicken Fried Steak.

Country Fried Steak

Perfectly seasoned, battered then fried and topped with sawmill gravy. Served with creamy mashed potatoes and a cheddar drop biscuit
Gwen has a Knife
This thing came out and it was HUGE!!!!

Gwen has a Knife
Gwen was mostly excited about the fact that they gave her a knife...

Kill the Mac and Cheese

Cutting her Country Fried Steak
It took awhile for Gwen to get her first bite, as apparently she doesn't know how to use said knife... but we worked throught it.

And let me tell you.... this was really good!!!! Again, we are northerners and never really had chicken fried steak... but that was amazing and honestly it might need to be what I get next time! There was so much seasoning in the breading on the steak and the gravy was really good as well.

Gwen subbed Mac and Cheese for the mashed potatoes. They were gooey and delish as well. It was soooo much food for her. But we all kind of picked at the chicken friend steak, you know to try for science...

We had eaten and were all full and no one had tried the green beans, so Andy took a bite, again for science.... And let me tell you these were AMAZING green beans!!! They were soo good. They were probably filled with butter and bacon and completely removed any benefit of eating a vegtable. But MAN were they good. We all ended up trying them and all agreed literally the best green beans we had ever tasted!

Dinner hit the spot! Homecomin' has become a must do on our trips. I ordered the Strawberry Lemonade Moonshine Squeeze Bottle to bring back to the room and also ordered a piece of hummingbird cake to go.

While eating dinner we talked about going to Hollywood Studios after dinner to try and ride Rise of Resistance, as the wait time had been pretty low all evening. I have not idea why they had been so low but we didn't want to buy an ILLS for it. So, a plan was made!

We checked out the D-Style Store, we noticed it as we were walking to the buses
Tea Cup
Nothing really grabbed us, so we headed to the busses.

Waiting for the bus
We were waiting for a bus around 6:50 and back to the room around 7:20.

WHICH there was a surpise for Gwen when we got back to the room!
Gwen's Birthday Door
I usually decorate the girls doors for there birthdays, and had found a previous CM who started a business during Covid decorating doors. You told her what characters you liked and she personilized it for you!

Gwen and her door
She was super excitied about this and was totally surpised! She loved that there was Chicken Little on it. As he isn't really scene anywhere and she loves that movie!

Took some quick pics, dropped off our leftovers in the fridge.
Balloons escaping
The balloons didn't like the heat, they tried to come in with us. Which we moved them inside for safe keeping.

We headed out as we wanted ot have some time in Hollywood Studioes. We did see that Rise was down but we were hoping it would come back up.

Up next a fun evening in Hollywood Studios. Would we get on Rise?

and Gwen watched some Bluey on the tv.

We love Bluey!! I found myself watching it while getting ready when we're at Disney. We watch it at home with the grandkids too.

Morgan and Andy started the foggy glassese club today, I think. They realized this was going to be a "thing", this trip.

Very much a thing in Disney.

Isn't it cute?

So cute!

Looks good!

I love these!!! Now we are from the north, so fried green tomatoes aren't really something we can get. I have no idea if these are authentic or not. But they are yummy. And Morgan loves them now as well! So, Morgan and I shared them!

This looks good too. I don't think I have ever had fried green tomatoes, but Dennis and Danielle have. The is a very southern thing but not so much a South Louisiana thing, it's more of a North Louisiana thing.

And let me tell you.... this was really good!!!! Again, we are northerners and never really had chicken fried steak... but that was amazing and honestly it might need to be what I get next time! There was so much seasoning in the breading on the steak and the gravy was really good as well.

Southern food is very seasoned and good.

I usually decorate the girls doors for there birthdays, and had found a previous CM who started a business during Covid decorating doors. You told her what characters you liked and she personilized it for you!

This was such a fun idea.

we still haven't been to Homecomin' somehow!!!!! I guess we don't really make Disney Springs a priority on our trips anymore, so we seem to always bump that one off the list. But the country fried steak certainly does seem worth the trip (and the moonshine, too, of course!)

Everything at Homecomin' sounds delicious! I've been trying to eat there for years, but it's one of those reservations that always end up on the chopping block. One day!
The door decorations are great, and how cool they got some unique characters.
Hope Rise reopened for you all!

This looks good too. I don't think I have ever had fried green tomatoes, but Dennis and Danielle have. The is a very southern thing but not so much a South Louisiana thing, it's more of a North Louisiana thing.
Disney doesn't really have any good Louisiana food. It's a shame they don't, maybe they will with Tianna coming to MK.

we still haven't been to Homecomin' somehow!!!!! I guess we don't really make Disney Springs a priority on our trips anymore, so we seem to always bump that one off the list.
It's it funny how there are still things we haven't done. We are kind of the opposite.... we used to never go to Disney Springs and now we have to go at least twice for dinner.

I've been trying to eat there for years, but it's one of those reservations that always end up on the chopping block. One day!
It took us awhile to get here. We did the same... And the first time we came it did not go over well, but I forced everyone to come again. But it's southern food, I can see how if you can get it close to home it would get dropped.

Glad to see you're back! We love Homecomin' too...especially the moonshine 😉
The moonshine is what won Andy over to the place at first.

And to top it off, this weekend Gwen had 8th grade roller skating party, Morgan had end of marching band season bowling party and a birthday party at dave and busters! And Gwen put the icing on the cake, with principal honor roll for the 1st marking period!
Busy, busy! Life with teens is always on the go. Congrats to Gwen on her achievement!

I didn't eat them, but Andy and Gwen said they were good. But of course, Gwen said they weren't as good as the gator bites.

Morgan and I had something else in mind!
Yum! I want to try these!

Bee Haven Bay Fried Green Tomatoes

Shaved ham, rémoulade sauce, and dressed local greens

These also look fantastic!
Dinner hit the spot! Homecomin' has become a must do on our trips. I ordered the Strawberry Lemonade Moonshine Squeeze Bottle to bring back to the room and also ordered a piece of hummingbird cake to go.
Mmmmmmm!
That looks great! A nice surptise for Gwen!

This is a long overdue trip report and hopefully it isn't too late, where no one cares anymore.
It’s never too late! At least that’s what I tell myself :) I’m finally here and excited to catch up and follow along! I cannot believe how grown your girls are!
This was our basic plans for the trip, get to Disney and have a nice dinner. Seems simple enough, right? right?
I love your templates, they were so helpful on our last trip!
And my other sister and her family are Vegan and I always think that BOMA would be a good dinner for them.
I ate at Boma while vegan many years ago and they were incredibly accommodating. A chef walked me through the buffet and told me which dishes he could make vegan. It’s such good food!
He had an ipad playing Mickey Mouse Club at first, but changed it to Rock Videos after and started blasting Bon Jovi.
We will be taking an Uber on our next trip, glad to hear that went smoothly. It’s fun they tried to bring a little Disney to the ride, at least at first!
This is the largest “mask” that is on display in the lobby.
We saw that mask when we visited in summer 2022! So cool.
We haven't been in awhile since we have been going to Sanaa for bread service, but this reminded us, how much we like this place. It was a perfect meal on a travel day when we hadn't eaten much are weren't over loaded with food from a full week of eating yet.
We’re debating adding a Boma dinner on our next trip. The girls loved breakfast there last year but I’m wondering if they’ll eat as much variety at dinner.
Morgan has been SUPER busy with Marching Band. Here in South Jersey, marching band is serious stuff! They get a Varsity letter for it!
How fun! What is the theme of their show? I loved marching band in high school.
Gwen would have preferred a Beyond Burger but ate the whole regular burger.
I was sad to see it looks like Pecos Bill got rid of the veggie burger. Why would they do that?!

That looks great! A nice surptise for Gwen!

I was sad to see it looks like Pecos Bill got rid of the veggie burger. Why would they do that?!

How fun! What is the theme of their show? I loved marching band in high school.

We’re debating adding a Boma dinner on our next trip. The girls loved breakfast there last year but I’m wondering if they’ll eat as much variety at dinner
They do a good job with having "regular" stuff as well, if you aren't adventurous. But I know that it can feel like a waste if they don't try some of the other things.

We haven't done breakfast yet. I want to but keep saying when we finally stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, we will do it. One day!

It’s never too late! At least that’s what I tell myself :) I’m finally here and excited to catch up and follow along! I cannot believe how grown your girls are!
I know! This Christmas, I really felt how old they are! They didn't put cookies out for Santa! :(

I love your templates, they were so helpful on our last trip!
They really help me wrap my head around what we are doing each day.

We will be taking an Uber on our next trip, glad to hear that went smoothly. It’s fun they tried to bring a little Disney to the ride, at least at first!
It really was easy! It's just not magical. You know.

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!

It was a whirl-win leading up to the holiday! But we survived. We had a good holiday. This week we are all off and just chilling. So, hopefully we can all reset and relax. And I will hopefully have time to get this trip report back up and running!

So, I left us off done with dinner and pit stopping at the room. We had seen that Rise of the Resistance had a low wait time, so we decided to try and get on this evening.

We dropped off our stuff, had quick bathroom break and headed right out.

7:30 we were at the Skyliner
Skyliner

Bus Selfie_Andy and Gwen

Bus Selfie_Morgan and Me

By 7:40 we were walking into Hollywood Studios.
Crossroads

As we walked in, I checked to see what the wait time was for Rise and it was down! So, we talked about where to go. We decided to go do Toy Story Mania, as the wait was half an hour and I said if Rise came back up, we would be able to scoot over and get in line before close. Everyone agreed.

7:50 we walked into Toy Storyland
Woody

7:56 we got in line for Toy Story Mania! So, we left our room at 7:30 and in live for Toy Story mania in under half an hour. The skyliner is great!
Mr. Potato Head

Dolphin Game Card

Monkey

TSM Door
I love this door! It really makes you feel like the size of a toy.

8:12 we were ready to ride
Morgan and Gwen is born in the 80s
For some reason the girls decide to turn there hats around. Andy said this is what they would look like if they were growning up in the 80s.

TSM Que Area

Ready to Ride TSM

Toy Story Mania was great as always.
147,800 - My Score
168,100 - Morgan’s Score
Scores
Morgan said she was "rusty" Ha. But she did get best in car! Which made her happy.
Best in Vehicle

I don't seem to have Andy and Gwen's score which must mean Morgan beat Andy this time around.

Once we got off Toy Story Mania, I saw that Rise was back up and it was a posted 30 minute wait!!!! So, we headed that way! We walked with purpose.

8:25 we were heading into Galaxy’s Edge, It was still posted 30 minute wait as we walked into the que.

ROR Wait time by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

It was almost a pure walk on! We didn’t hit the “line” till the room with costumes. And even then, we moved so fast, I didn’t get any pictures.

Backside of Space Water
Always have to get a picture of the Space version of the Backside of Water.

ROR Ray intor

8:37 we were already in the room with BB8 and Ray. Which kind of tells you how long the que is! We literally were walking the whole time in the que.

BB8 wasn’t working, so there was kind of a long pause before Rey started up. But it was fine. We got B mode for something, I forget what, but it was probably the reason the ride had been down.

We were so excitied to be on the ride so quickly. It was perfect timing.
Spaceship

Before we knew it we were on our transport!
ROR

ROR Transport
And then we got "in trouble" and were kicked off the transport.

ROR Storm Troopers
These guys were suspious of Gwen... She is pretty shifty.

ROR Storm Troopers
This room... this room is AMAZING... Still everytime you come in. Everyone gets so quiet. It is so intimating and I just love how it still makes everyone so quiet.

ROR Storm Trooper Selfie

Before long, we were pulled into a room to be questioned... Gwen was def not fool'n them!
ROR Intergation Room

ROR, Gwen pushing buttons
I told Gwen to press the buttons in the back. She was game.

Soon we escaped!
Ride of Resistance Selfie

And Dropped back onto Earth!
ROR Escape Pod

Rise was great as always!

We got off right at 9 and when we walked past the entrance the posted time was still 30 and they hadn’t blocked the line off yet. So, we could have technically ridden again. But we were done for the night. We were happy with getting on!

We headed out, and just enjoyed how empty it was in the park. As we walked past Muppets, Gwen was the balloons and grabbed a pic.
Gwen Balloon Photo op

Gwen Balloon Photo op

Empty Street
It was so empty! I really don't know why it was so empty this night.

Baseline Tap House
Gwen needed to use the rest room, so Andy and Morgan watched the fireworks from afar while they waited.

9:10 we were at the Skyliner
Skyliner
And back in the room at 9:30.

We all got ready for bed and shared the hummingbird cake, watched Bluey. (Gwen’s pick and obsession of the trip) And got ready for another day in Disney!

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!

It was a whirl-win leading up to the holiday! But we survived. We had a good holiday. This week we are all off and just chilling. So, hopefully we can all reset and relax. And I will hopefully have time to get this trip report back up and running!

So, I left us off done with dinner and pit stopping at the room. We had seen that Rise of the Resistance had a low wait time, so we decided to try and get on this evening.

We dropped off our stuff, had quick bathroom break and headed right out.

7:30 we were at the Skyliner
Skyliner

Bus Selfie_Andy and Gwen

Bus Selfie_Morgan and Me

By 7:40 we were walking into Hollywood Studios.
Crossroads

As we walked in, I checked to see what the wait time was for Rise and it was down! So, we talked about where to go. We decided to go do Toy Story Mania, as the wait was half an hour and I said if Rise came back up, we would be able to scoot over and get in line before close. Everyone agreed.

7:50 we walked into Toy Storyland
Woody

7:56 we got in line for Toy Story Mania! So, we left our room at 7:30 and in live for Toy Story mania in under half an hour. The skyliner is great!
Mr. Potato Head

Dolphin Game Card

Monkey

TSM Door
I love this door! It really makes you feel like the size of a toy.

8:12 we were ready to ride
Morgan and Gwen is born in the 80s
For some reason the girls decide to turn there hats around. Andy said this is what they would look like if they were growning up in the 80s.

TSM Que Area

Ready to Ride TSM

Toy Story Mania was great as always.
147,800 - My Score
168,100 - Morgan’s Score
Scores
Morgan said she was "rusty" Ha. But she did get best in car! Which made her happy.
Best in Vehicle

I don't seem to have Andy and Gwen's score which must mean Morgan beat Andy this time around.

Once we got off Toy Story Mania, I saw that Rise was back up and it was a posted 30 minute wait!!!! So, we headed that way! We walked with purpose.

8:25 we were heading into Galaxy’s Edge, It was still posted 30 minute wait as we walked into the que.

ROR Wait time by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

It was almost a pure walk on! We didn’t hit the “line” till the room with costumes. And even then, we moved so fast, I didn’t get any pictures.

Backside of Space Water
Always have to get a picture of the Space version of the Backside of Water.

ROR Ray intor

8:37 we were already in the room with BB8 and Ray. Which kind of tells you how long the que is! We literally were walking the whole time in the que.

BB8 wasn’t working, so there was kind of a long pause before Rey started up. But it was fine. We got B mode for something, I forget what, but it was probably the reason the ride had been down.

We were so excitied to be on the ride so quickly. It was perfect timing.
Spaceship

Before we knew it we were on our transport!
ROR

ROR Transport
And then we got "in trouble" and were kicked off the transport.

ROR Storm Troopers
These guys were suspious of Gwen... She is pretty shifty.

ROR Storm Troopers
This room... this room is AMAZING... Still everytime you come in. Everyone gets so quiet. It is so intimating and I just love how it still makes everyone so quiet.

ROR Storm Trooper Selfie

Before long, we were pulled into a room to be questioned... Gwen was def not fool'n them!
ROR Intergation Room

I told Gwen to press the buttons in the back. She was game.

Soon we escaped!
Ride of Resistance Selfie

And Dropped back onto Earth!
ROR Escape Pod

Rise was great as always!

We got off right at 9 and when we walked past the entrance the posted time was still 30 and they hadn’t blocked the line off yet. So, we could have technically ridden again. But we were done for the night. We were happy with getting on!

We headed out, and just enjoyed how empty it was in the park. As we walked past Muppets, Gwen was the balloons and grabbed a pic.
Gwen Balloon Photo op

Gwen Balloon Photo op

Empty Street
It was so empty! I really don't know why it was so empty this night.

Baseline Tap House
Gwen needed to use the rest room, so Andy and Morgan watched the fireworks from afar while they waited.

9:10 we were at the Skyliner
Skyliner
And back in the room at 9:30.

We all got ready for bed and shared the hummingbird cake, watched Bluey. (Gwen’s pick and obsession of the trip) And got ready for another day in Disney!
That was a nice evening after your dinner. Sometimes just hitting a few rides at night is really the way to go. The low lines and not so sticky hot in the summer evenings can be a treat after the hot, hot days. For our trip last summer we had our best times in the evening.

That was a nice evening after your dinner. Sometimes just hitting a few rides at night is really the way to go. The low lines and not so sticky hot in the summer evenings can be a treat after the hot, hot days. For our trip last summer we had our best times in the evening.
The parks aren't open as late as they used to be. But we tried to take advantage of the nights!

And then we realized... Space Mountain was down and the lights were on!!! This might have been Morgan's highlight of the day!
I’m all caught up now! So cool to see SM with the lights on, though it always makes me nervous to see how close the tracks run together.

Bunch of Puppies

These are one of my favorites at Homecomin’! We found them at another Art Smith restaurant in Chicago recently and I was so excited they were the same.
Gwen subbed Mac and Cheese for the mashed potatoes.
The mashed potatoes are a better choice there!
So cute! What a good idea for a birthday surprise.

These are one of my favorites at Homecomin’! We found them at another Art Smith restaurant in Chicago recently and I was so excited they were the same.
I wish there was a Art Smith restaurant in Philly! I mean my waistline doesn't.... hA! We have a Morimoto in Philly but no ribs.

So cute! What a good idea for a birthday surprise.
It really was! I might try to do something similar myself for other trips.

Good Morning Everyone!

Happy Thursday, It's thursday right? I think I have lost track of time. Ha!

Morgan go a Sour Dough Starter Kit to make Sour Dough, so she has been feeding her starter and is currently making crackers with the discard. My sister got her the kit and was worried Morgan wouldn't be into it. But I think it might be her favorite thing...

Day Three: EPCOT!

Monday Plans
Here are our plans for the day.

I set my alarm for 6:55. The goal for the day was to get a boarding group for Guardian's. I got a group and tried to go back to sleep. I don't remember what boarding group we got one that was going to be later in the day. I suck at getting boarding groups. but today, it was fine.

Around 8:30, we started to get up,
Tinkerbell GIfts
Tinkerbell left notebooks today. I got these off of etsy and they had VHS covers on them and then plain paper inside, so the girls can sketch in them.

Andy said he wanted to get a Joffrey's coffee over by the Skyliner. So, Andy and I walked over.

Joffrey's Coffee
Andy ordered a Cold Brew French Roast and I ordered a Cold Brew

View at the Jofferies
The view back towards the resort from Jofferies. It was a nice view.

We decided to relax the morning. We all relaxed and showered.
Gwen lounging

A little before noon, we finally headed out for the day.
Off to the Skyliner

Morgan & Me on Skyliner

Skyliner View
Our view through the skyliner cab....

We went into the park via International Gateway. Andy got pulled yet again for having too much metal.

Braille EPCOT Map
Myself and the girls checked out the Braille map while we waited for Andy. It's really cool! And I have to think there in one in each park?

As we walked in Daisy was meeting people! And there was only 1 family waiting. So we go in line.

Daisy Duck & Family
The girls wanted to meet her since they were wearing there new shirts..
Daisy & Girls

Daisy was very nice to meet and liked our shirts. We hoped to meet Donald later too.
Daisy & Gwen

We went into England real quick to get some tea for my mom. We ended up getting some King's cornation tea.

Morgan and I went all the way to the back room to check stuff out, and as we turned around, it was pouring rain! Got to love the weather in Florida!

Once we checked out, Andy and Gwen brought out there umbrellas and Morgan and I put on disposable ponchos and headed to France for lunch!

up next we eat Crepes!

Day Three: La Crêperie de Paris

We checked in a little early and they had no problem with us being there early and even sat us almost immediately.

Menu

We started with Drinks (obviously). We decided to not do the lunch "plan" As we didn't need apps and I had other plans for dessert.

Morgan orded a French Sparkling Lemonade
French Sparkling Lemonade
She liked it, it was very sparkly and slightly less sweet than we would have here.

Andy & I shared the Hard Cider Flight
Hard Cider Flight
Cider Flight was good. It was fun to try them all. They weren't as sweet as what we are used to here. After the meal, the waiter asked which I liked and told us that 2 of the ciders were made specifically for Americans! That they made them sweeter for us.

Cider Tasting

Gwen ordered the Classique: Ham, Egg, Swiss Cheese
Classique: Ham, Egg, Swiss Cheese
And Gwen’s was good. It tasted like Ham egg and cheese breakfast sandwich.

Morgan and Andy both ordered the Poulet: Chicken Bechamel Cheese Sauce Mushrooms
Poulet: Chicken Bechamel Cheese Sauce Mushrooms
They both liked it but both said there were to many mushrooms.

I ordered the Savoyarde: Raclette Cheese, Caramelized Onions, Bacon, Imported Prosciutto Ham
Savoyarde: Raclette Cheese, Caramelized Onions, Bacon, Imported Prosciutto Ham
Mine was also good but didn’t really taste any bacon but I really wanted it for the prosciutto. And there was plenty of that! There was also alot of Caramelized onions! I did want a little more cheese but still good. It was suprisingly very filling.
Savoyarde: Raclette Cheese, Caramelized Onions, Bacon, Imported Prosciutto Ham

These are all buckwheat crepes. So, the crepes do have a taste to them. Think a bread made with a different flour. It's not super strong but they aren't flavorless.

Also they looked like they wouldn't be that filling and they were!!!

Gwen part of the Clean Plate Club
Andy and Gwen both ate the entire crepes!

Gwen surprised
If you have followed along with my other trip reports... Gwen isn't the best eater. So she must have really liked it!

Clean Plate Club

For dessert, we decided to let the girls pick a dessert crepe each and we would share between the 4 of us.

Gwen choose the Banane: Banana, Caramel Beurre Sale
Banane: Banana, Caramel Beurre Sale

Morgan went with the Poire: Pear, Chocolate Ganache, Whipped Cream
Poire: Pear, Chocolate Ganache, Whipped Cream by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

Both dessert crepes were really good. The whipped cream on Morgan’s was def homemade and a hint of vanilla and really good! Both were probably a little less sweet than what we may be used to but excellent.

One couple came in looked at the menu and left! Not sure what they thought there would be on the menu... but... they left... The restaurant was full but def not booked solid. Not sure if people are unsure of the buckwheat crepese or what...

This whole meal was a very relaxed and slow paced. It felt very parisian.

Check with a You are the Magic Coin
Gwen left a CM coin for our waiter.

After lunch we headed to L'Artisan des Glaces for a Croque Glacé. I have said for MANY trips that I wanted to try one, so I was making it the priority! The line was kind of ling but I was determined!
IMG_2040

I ended up ordering the Croque Glace is 1 scoop with choice of Sauce in a Homemade Brioche, pressed warm. I chose Cinnamon Caramel Apple Ice Cream with Caramel Sauce.
IMG_2040

It was so good! We all shared this but is was mostly for Andy and me. We took the sandwich to go and started walking around the world showcase. It was also melting so fast!!!
IMG_2040

Up next exploring EPCOT.

Enjoyed reading about your relaxed night at Studios and late start at Epcot.

We're a big Bluey family too. Danielle says all her friend watch too.

The crepes looked good, but I don't know if I could eat one as a meal. I do want to try the Croque Glace someday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter