• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? bakery for special occasion cake

kathylovesdisneyworl

Can we go to WDW again!
We will be taking my parents to Disney for their 50th aniv. I would like to order a special cake for them but not sure which hotels have a bakery that can do this. I am thinking the GF but have never stayed there. Thanks.

You can use either the Floridian's or Boardwalk's bakery.

If you are staying on property, make sure to let the resort know about the special occassion. I did this last year to surprise a family member for their birthday. I called the Polynesian the day before they arrived and let them know it was his birthday the following day and could they do something special for him. When they arrived to their room, there was a Mickey birthday cake, balloons, and a card waiting for him. The kids got a real kick out of it and so did he!

Thanks terk1. I thought I could do that. I am planning to call a few days ahead. Just to make sure about the anniversay.

My mother tried doing this for my birthday last week and while she supposedly ordered a cake, got a quote for a price, plus tax, and handling charge, and gave her credit card number, I never got that cake. She had given our PS time and my name, etc... for it to be delivered after my birthday dinner. I was told by a Food Service Manager at the Poly(I think that was her title) that they dont take orders like that and if my mothers credit card is charged to call her and shell take care of it.

I did however get 2 complimentary cakes, LOL! One was exactly like Terk described(balloons, candles, and all) waiting in our room when we returned on our first night at the Poly. The other was after dinner at the Kona Cafe on my birthday. When DH had to ask about us not getting the "ordered" cake, they brought out a really nice cake with tropical flowers on it.

We are still waiting to see what shows up on my mothers credit card statement.

Goodings grocery store in the shopping plaza across from the disney village marketplace also makes wonderful cakes...you may give them a call.

Thanks everyone. I now have a couple of options. I have not heard real good things about poly service lately, so I wonder if that is why the cake never came. Someone there seems to promise everything, and not deliver. I am thinking I will order it direct from a bakery or store and pick it up myself.

We are going to the WL for my dd's 5th birthday in Dec. and I would like for her to have a cake. Do they do this at WL as well, or just GF, Boardwalk and the Poly?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter