Bag search /check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless u have a small child/baby....I have no idea why anyone would want to carry a bag of any size into a theme park....I've seen some that u would need a Sherpa just to carry! Buy a lanyard....put ur credit cards/id's in that...phone in pocket...and walk! Ur not going camping....IF u need something for an emergency I'm pretty sure Disney sells it....
I have an idea-as I need to carry a bag:
Off top of my head-there's probably more;

Sunglasses
Spare glasses (I'm very short sighted and lost/damaged spectacles will not suffice)
I have prescription medications
Food/snacks
Toiletries are required
Cardigan
Keys
Wallet
Id
Mobiles

In a soccer stadium in DC a couple weeks ago there was this neat twist (that made the news) - you cannot enter carrying a bag of any sort; your items have to be in a clear plastic bag. But put your purse in said clear bag, then presto! You could take your purse in.

In a soccer stadium in DC a couple weeks ago there was this neat twist (that made the news) - you cannot enter carrying a bag of any sort; your items have to be in a clear plastic bag. But put your purse in said clear bag, then presto! You could take your purse in.
in my area, you have to have a clear bag to go into any stadium ( unless you have a medical bag which has to taged as such by a manager

All NFL stadiums have the same rule.

They have the plastic bag rule, yes...I think very few would have the somewhat Orwellian rule that your purse is okay so long as it's in a plastic bag.

Oh, gotcha. Yes, that’s probably true. I didn’t think to try that the one time I went to an NFL stadium since the inception of this rule!

If you have a raincoat folded up to be able to fit inside a pouch inside your purse, there's no way you have anything inside of it so 99% chance they'll feel it but not take it out.

They want every bag on the table and if it has pouches/zippers/buttons, they want it all opened to be able to look in

I carry my nylon poncho in a ziplock bag and they just squeeze the bag from a couple different angles to be sure there’s nothing in it but a poncho, and move on.

I doubt that I have spent more than ten minutes at bag check, but I do open everything prior to reaching the checkpoint.

I carry my nylon poncho in a ziplock bag and they just squeeze the bag from a couple different angles to be sure there’s nothing in it but a poncho, and move on.

I doubt that I have spent more than ten minutes at bag check, but I do open everything prior to reaching the checkpoint.

Great idea.. I think I'll ditch the pouch in favor of ziplock! Thanks!

Unless u have a small child/baby....I have no idea why anyone would want to carry a bag of any size into a theme park....I've seen some that u would need a Sherpa just to carry! Buy a lanyard....put ur credit cards/id's in that...phone in pocket...and walk! Ur not going camping....IF u need something for an emergency I'm pretty sure Disney sells it....

The main issue I have with this is that most women's clothing does not have adequate (if any) pockets. Our last two trips were in the winter (one Disney, one Universal) so we all wore a lightweight hoodie and could put our phones and money/CC in those pockets. It was wonderful being bag free! But, we usually go when it's sweltering hot and I never have any pockets so I need to carry a tiny purse or fanny pack (which requires the bag check line). Occasionally, we'll go to the parks and I just won't carry anything, but it would be nice to have my phone if we split up.

Ummmm...two words: feminine products :lmao:

Hi I'm a female and we experience menstruation.

You should try a menstrual cup... it's life changing :upsidedow

We were just there Aug 11th-18th. I saw mixed results with bag check. I saw some with wristlets go through no bag lines; but more go through bag lines. I also had mixed results with how thorough they checked (I don't mind them being as thorough as they want though). I had some that made me open my tiny change purse that was in my bag, some made me take everything out, and some who just felt around. For the most part, bag checks went fairly fast with the exception of Epcot at rope drop. That was a 20 min wait.

I will say that the best thing to do is carry one big bag with few/no pockets and don't do bag-ception (bags inside your bag). What takes longest is having to open all the pockets and zippers, then open your wallet, your camera case, your diaper bag, your lunch bag, etc. Just throw it all in a backpack and unzip everything as you get close to the table, so they just look inside & send you on your way.

The main issue I have with this is that most women's clothing does not have adequate (if any) pockets. Our last two trips were in the winter (one Disney, one Universal) so we all wore a lightweight hoodie and could put our phones and money/CC in those pockets. It was wonderful being bag free! But, we usually go when it's sweltering hot and I never have any pockets so I need to carry a tiny purse or fanny pack (which requires the bag check line). Occasionally, we'll go to the parks and I just won't carry anything, but it would be nice to have my phone if we split up.

You should try a menstrual cup... it's life changing :upsidedow

Personally I have an IUD and I'm worry free!! :D

If there’s a guy in your group, get him some cargo pants. My husband wears them every day at Disney specifically so he can put my phone and all of that in his pockets.

We are big fans of the bagfree life at Disney - it's incredibly freeing + you miss the bag check frustration. I have figured out over numerous visits how little I really need to have a great day in the parks. I've also found that after awhile, my shoulders hurt from carrying a bag - maybe because I don't usually carry one that long?

Last spring, I got behind a guy that had 4 luggage-type bags - 2 were duffel bags full of clothes and the other 2 had toiletries, shoes, etc. It was like he checking into a hotel! I almost asked if he was planning to camp out overnight :) I was annoyed at the wait - esp since the rest of my party was waiting on me - but I was also sorta intrigued by what he was doing with all that stuff at AK!

I also carry very little. But I do like to secure items in my pockets in rides.

I bring a thin neck pouch that also fits in my pocket as I arrive. Once through the gate, I can transfer all in my pockets into it and zip it securely for rides, etc. that day.

The longest lines I've seen have been at rope drop. Otherwise, I've been pretty lucky in not having long enough of a wait to worry about it. I employ a few strategies, just like you would at the supermarket. Assess how quickly the cast member is working. Then, very importantly, scan the guests in front of you to see who has a stroller piled high with 5 giant bags, distracted, slow, and unprepared. And which guests look like they're alert, ready, smart, and efficient. Getting in the right line can save you an extraordinary amount of time.

If there’s a guy in your group, get him some cargo pants. My husband wears them every day at Disney specifically so he can put my phone and all of that in his pockets.

Yes, I have to give my stuff to DH whenever I'm wearing a dress (which I often do in the summer), but I always feel like I have to plan out our day before deciding what to wear. (Ex. the two of us are going to Epcot this morning and definitely won't split up so I can wear a dress, but this evening I may go out with one of the kids so I'll need to change and/or get my bag.)

But he likes his pants fitted, so all he can fit are the two phones and even that is bulky. I may get my son a pair of cargo shorts since he and I were out late in MK multiple nights during our last trip after everyone else got too tired and decided to head back to the room.

I actually bought a Macabi skirt for my Africa trips and was considering wearing it to Disney. It's a bit long for getting in and out of rides, but the pockets are amazing. The pocket with the passport (photo below) is the "tiny" zippered pocket. The other pockets are absolutely huge. You could fit an entire roll of toilet paper in one. (Not that I need to carry a roll of toilet paper through Magic Kingdom, but just to give you a size reference :upsidedow )

Attachments

• hiw_pocket.jpg
    hiw_pocket.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter