Bag search /check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here now... I have been using the bagless entry with a waterbottle sling that has a small pocket (enough for a few cards/cash/cell and bottle). This has worked without fail at all four parks.

Unless u have a small child/baby....I have no idea why anyone would want to carry a bag of any size into a theme park....I've seen some that u would need a Sherpa just to carry! Buy a lanyard....put ur credit cards/id's in that...phone in pocket...and walk! Ur not going camping....IF u need something for an emergency I'm pretty sure Disney sells it....

They don't sell my prescription drugs or allergy inhaler. So no, Disney doesn't sell everything guests may need.

Plus, I hate the feel of a bunch of stuff in my pockets. I'm not putting meds, an inhaler, portable charger, kleenex, lip balm, eye drops, cash, credit cards, ID, mints (cause my meds also give me dry mouth) and sunblock all in my pockets.

It is great if you don't need a bag. But some of us do need one.

I don’t find the security lines that big of a deal but I also take the timing of security (bag check and possible metal detector) into consideration when planning what time I’d like to arrive at the parks.

I also make sure every zipper is open, whether or not anything is in those compartments, and I take out my eyeglasses/sunglasses case and have it open and ready which seems to speed things up.

While I probably could buy anything I need in the park, I have no desire to pay theme park prices for ordinary goods. Extra sunscreen, dollar store ponchos, dollar store glow sticks for fireworks time, reusable water bottles, snacks, and sometimes lunch. A few extra minutes in the bag check line are well worth it to me. Disney is expensive enough without rebuying things i already own. Plus, if I were to buy a bottle of sunscreen or ponchos in the park, I'd still have to carry them around with me, and i much prefer the hands-free convenience of a backpack to the annoyance of a plastic bag.

Agree, and it’s not only about the pricing. Now you’re wasting the time you “saved” by not going through bag check - go out of your way to a shop, find what you need, wait in line to pay.....

I've always been the one with the bag. DH empties his pockets and takes DD9 through bagless. I was a bit miffed the one time they pulled him for the metal detector and DD9 was left by herself. But it's just the way it goes I guess.

I've always been the one with the bag. DH empties his pockets and takes DD9 through bagless. I was a bit miffed the one time they pulled him for the metal detector and DD9 was left by herself. But it's just the way it goes I guess.

Some places every guest goes through the metal detector, some it's random selection. Kids don't go through the metal detector so their ushered just around the table to be where the parent is once they step through. No kids are ever just left by themselves. Their never more than a few feet away from the parent

If you can, avoid bringing a bag to Epcot. That security line is the worst. The other three parks seem to go pretty quick as they have many bag check lines. Epcot's security area is small and they can't fit any more tables in there.
And the one at the International Gateway is even worse!

Unless u have a small child/baby....I have no idea why anyone would want to carry a bag of any size into a theme park....I've seen some that u would need a Sherpa just to carry! Buy a lanyard....put ur credit cards/id's in that...phone in pocket...and walk! Ur not going camping....IF u need something for an emergency I'm pretty sure Disney sells it....
This made me laugh as I can’t tell you how many times we’ve commented on this. Leave the luggage in your room! :rotfl2:

And the one at the International Gateway is even worse!

It must depend on when you hit it. I stayed at the Swan last year, so I went thru the security check at the gateway many times. Never had a long wait, most of the time it was walk right up, get checked, and go.

It doesn't really matter what bag YOU carry. What matters are the bags, no make that people in front of you. You know that person who just seems oblivious to the whole process? The guy with the camera bag attached to his belt. That's what takes long. AND, YES! I was with that guy. My brother-in-law. Older guy, shuffles along. Doesn't think to start removing the camera bag. They pull him aside. He has to take his belt off to get the bag off. Every single time. Every park...

They want every bag on the table and if it has pouches/zippers/buttons, they want it all opened to be able to look in

And eyeglass cases. After the first time I was asked to open it a while ago, I now pull it out each time and open it in front of them.

OP, One of our trips to Epcot I remember having just gotten in the park and walking up near Spaceship Earth when there were suddenly three security people around a lady just to my right telling her that she did not go through bag check and she needed to go with them back to the front of the park. She had on a very small wallet sized bag on a strap around her shoulder. Not even crossbody sized. And they seemed to come out of nowhere. I wouldn't chance it. A bag is a bag and should and will be checked.

Some places every guest goes through the metal detector, some it's random selection. Kids don't go through the metal detector so their ushered just around the table to be where the parent is once they step through. No kids are ever just left by themselves. Their never more than a few feet away from the parent

Yes, this happened several times to us.. i'd go through detector and they'd wave my son around. But he was never more than 6ft away from me.

Agreed!

Those "some Sherpa's assistance required" backpacks have always baffled me. I'm not talking about a small pack, I'm talking about the unjustifiably huge ones. As if it isn't difficult enough to navigate some of the "packed" que's, speeding scooters, folks who stop short to text and those scary double stroller operators...there's always that guy/gal with a 10 day pack with 3' buffer zone and a big rig tractor trailers turning radius. You know the one where you take your chances navigating around them as they turn without any thought of those around. Comments have mentioned needing medicinal/personal items that are "must haves". If your items require 2cuft backpack then I feel for you, but for gawds sake have it opened, unzipped, unpacked enough that you're not holding the rest of us at the checkpoint. If not, leave all the stuff at the hotel and let the rest of us enjoy our day.

It doesn't really matter what bag YOU carry. What matters are the bags, no make that people in front of you. You know that person who just seems oblivious to the whole process? The guy with the camera bag attached to his belt. That's what takes long. AND, YES! I was with that guy. My brother-in-law. Older guy, shuffles along. Doesn't think to start removing the camera bag. They pull him aside. He has to take his belt off to get the bag off. Every single time. Every park...

Like the people at MCO who have zero clue. I always wonder if there was some rash of major car breakdowns that made people buy their first plane tickets to get home. Because clearly they didn't fly getting down there as they have no clue what to do. Even if you don't know everything to do (and it changes from airport to airport - my nook was fine in the bag at LGA but coming back, I was yelled at for not responding to "Who left their DVD player in their bag?" and then for not removing the nook - so I get that some things change) you should remember taking your shoes off at least! And that no big bottles of liquid were allowed!

Hi I'm a female and we experience menstruation.

Men kill me lol

Edit - oops didn't realize that was an older post and already responded to

I do wish they could institute a "small bag line" for wristlets and the like. It would be nice not to have to wait behind the families with multiple backpacks with multiple pockets and stroller searches when all I have is my little wristlet.

And to the person who was speaking of TSA checks at the airport and people being clueless.... I have flown from BHM, ATL, and MCO recently and every airport seems to handle security checks differently. Shoes on, shoes off, liquids out of bag, no leave them in, electronics out, no you walked by the dog so keep everything in your bag but nothing in you hand. The reason people cant do airport checks well is because TSA cant make up their mind what they want us to do. This last trip from ATL to MCO I decided I was going to start flying naked with no carry on bag... my stress would be much lower... now for TSA... IDK lol!

Last edited:
Agreed!

Those "some Sherpa's assistance required" backpacks have always baffled me. I'm not talking about a small pack, I'm talking about the unjustifiably huge ones. As if it isn't difficult enough to navigate some of the "packed" que's, speeding scooters, folks who stop short to text and those scary double stroller operators...there's always that guy/gal with a 10 day pack with 3' buffer zone and a big rig tractor trailers turning radius. You know the one where you take your chances navigating around them as they turn without any thought of those around. Comments have mentioned needing medicinal/personal items that are "must haves". If your items require 2cuft backpack then I feel for you, but for gawds sake have it opened, unzipped, unpacked enough that you're not holding the rest of us at the checkpoint. If not, leave all the stuff at the hotel and let the rest of us enjoy our day.

Sounds like all other people on the park bother you.

I do wish they could institute a "small bag line" for wristlets and the like. It would be nice not to have to wait behind the families with multiple backpacks with multiple pockets and stroller searches when all I have is my little wristlet.
This!! 25 minutes waiting in the Epcot bag check line last week. :headache:

I do Carrie a backpack the size of a school backpack maybe just a little bigger but I put like things in ziplock bags so my food all goes into one sunscreen goes into one phone charger and cord goes into one medical things goes into one and so on. My bag does have a lot of zippers but most will look in one end while I unzip the other ends and when they are done I will be zipping up the end they just looked in and then I just have 2 zippers to do. It does not take long at all even with 5 zipper and an epipen holder that the CM sometimes looks in and some tines not. The only time it has every taken me longer then 5 minutes from the time I get to the line to when I am done is opening for TSL and that CM took 5 minutes just trying to inclip my water bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter