Bag of "Tricks"

RUDisney

Mom to Ivan & Kristina
My Mom always called the goody bags that she'd create for my youngest sister a "bag of tricks." I want to make some up for the plane ride down and back.

When you make these up, do you let your kids pick special games/toys/treats for the bag that they know will only be brought out one at a time on the trip, or do you surprise them with things, or a combination of the two?

I went to Big Lots the other night and a bought travel-size magna-doodle type toy for $1.99 each, some bubbles, and some hot wheels like airplanes. I told the kids that they were for our flight and they can't play with them until then. They were fine with that and those items went right into the carry on that I've been storing things in until I really pack.

What do you have better luck with, things that they know or things that they don't?

but then i also pack a few surprises in my carry-on . Last year my DS (5) got a book and tape - the Emporer's new Groove and my DD (8) got a new CD - Now 5 or something like that to listen to on the plane while they colored or played quitely - i will warn you however we brought a few matchboxes and I think i spent more time picking them up off the floor - Have fun.. Michelle

I surprised my daughter with a bag of tricks -- love that term. She was six during our last plane trip, and her favorite thing was a Pooh spiral notebook and a package of Disney stickers.

I always let them pack some of their own things, and then I have surprises in my bag. This time it was small Crayola dry-erase wipe boards and washable markers. I also get each dd a new box of crayons, and some paper. Great for playing tic-tac-toe, hang-man, or drawing pictures for Mickey.

You just sparked another thought for me, llp479. Now I'm going to make some game boards, like they give you in Applebees and Ruby Tuesdays, etc.

I know that my DS loves the dots game where you each take turns drawing a line from dot to dot and when you complete a square, you write your initial in it. The three of us can play that game, while Dad sits solo and sleeps. lol

I'm gonna start looking for some small Disney pictures to put on a sheet and for some other mazes and games for them to play. Best part is that these papers won't be in a book that we have to carry around. Once they are used, we can throw them away.

RuDisney,

You can find a lot of those type things on line. Do a search for Disney Printables and you will find a ton.

I also agree to make some of your new treasures a surprise. It sounds like you have a good start. The dollar store is also a great place for neat treasures. I have found as my DS has gotten older, he is 10 now, he preferes one or two nicer new things for a trip. A new game for his gameboy or a new travel game for example. I would encourage your kids to pack some of their favorite toys from home in a backpack also. I also try to remember something new for the trip back home. It always less fun anyway. Either take along enough surprises for both trips or plan to pick up a couple new surprises at WDW.

Don't forget specail snacks too. The disney fruit snacks,cerals and juice boxes are real specail.

Have fun planning and on your trip.

jordan's mom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter