Bag Check with empty folded bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its empty and folded in a pocket then sure.
Although you will likely still have to go through the metal detector and you have to take things out of your pockets that will set it off.
Honestly I find it easier to have nothing in my pockets and have a bag. Take 2 minutes at bag check and 2 seconds at metal detector. Set my bad down walk through and pick it back up in one fluid movement. This way I'm not take 5 things out of my pocket and setting them in a bin and then putting them all back.

It takes a lot to set off the detectors. I went through with a 10,000 mah phone battery and it didn’t set it off. Generally keys and cell phone are the only thing that needs taken out.

At MK EMH the bag check was 30 minutes long from the bus and the no bags was empty.

It takes a lot to set off the detectors. I went through with a 10,000 mah phone battery and it didn’t set it off. Generally keys and cell phone are the only thing that needs taken out.

At MK EMH the bag check was 30 minutes long from the bus and the no bags was empty.

I once had a bobby pin in my pocket and it set it off. It was a single bobby pin. The scanner was beeping near my front left pocket and I stuck my hand in several times, found nothing. They thought maybe my watch was setting it off. About 20 mins later, I put my hand in my pockets again and found a bobby pin.

And once I was walking through no bag lane with an empty scrunched up bag in my jacket pocket and was stopped. Guess I looked too fluffy. Was asked to check my pockets.

My dad had medication set it off.
I've never waited more than a few minutes in a bag check line. Then again I log early.

the small med screws in my hand set off detectors and there is no way to take them out

The metal detectors are set manually, once I park hopped, at mk went through no problem, at DHS my belt buckle set off the detector, I told security that at mk it didn't beeped, he then proceeded to open the detector and change the setting , he asked me to go through again and it didn't beep

My dad had medication set it off.
I've never waited more than a few minutes in a bag check line. Then again I log early.
If its empty and folded in a pocket then sure.
Although you will likely still have to go through the metal detector and you have to take things out of your pockets that will set it off.
Honestly I find it easier to have nothing in my pockets and have a bag. Take 2 minutes at bag check and 2 seconds at metal detector. Set my bad down walk through and pick it back up in one fluid movement. This way I'm not take 5 things out of my pocket and setting them in a bin and then putting them all back.
Guess you don't go to Epcot much? That line at bag check has never taken 2 min. Early, late, never makes any difference. There are not enough lanes. Thankfully, I don't go with a bag but I can't talk DD into it. It's a pain to wait when she comes with us. I can't wait till they get that entrance redone. Whatever they have planned it's going to be better than what it has now

Guess you don't go to Epcot much? That line at bag check has never taken 2 min. Early, late, never makes any difference. There are not enough lanes. Thankfully, I don't go with a bag but I can't talk DD into it. It's a pain to wait when she comes with us. I can't wait till they get that entrance redone. Whatever they have planned it's going to be better than what it has now
I have and prior to RD it takes 2 minutes.
I usually go through IG if I go later in the day.

Even IG this past week had waits of 10-20 minutes. I went through it probably 10 times. Only once or twice did it have a 2 minute wait.

For HS, you needed to be there 1hr before official RD (so 7AM for 8AM EMH rope drop) to not have a wait. By 7:30AM, the security line was insane.

Got two fake knees... sets it off every time. I just point and say "I got knees" and they wave me through LOL

Guess being old does have its advantages :teeth:

We take stuff in our hands (camera, phones, hand wipes, epi-pen) and a rolled up drawstring bag. Set it all down in the metal detector bin, walk through and put it all in the bag after. Takes seconds! I will never do bag check again!!

Right now my DH has a metal stent near his liver, wonder if that would set anything off? Maybe I should plan a trip just for scientific research.

I have a few clips in me too and the only time I have a problem is at the airport. The metal detectors at WDW didn't pick them up.

Got two fake knees... sets it off every time. I just point and say "I got knees" and they wave me through LOL

Guess being old does have its advantages :teeth:

LOL!!! I hope so! DH has metal in his ankle and so we are prepared for a stop. I hope not, because he gets trough the Airpot, but perhaps that is because of the scanner.

I must be very lucky because I go to Disney 3-4 times a year, enter at all different times of the day and have never waited more than 5, maybe 10 minutes at any bag check.

I must be very lucky because I go to Disney 3-4 times a year, enter at all different times of the day and have never waited more than 5, maybe 10 minutes at any bag check.
Most folks would view waiting at bag check for even 5 minutes to be "unlucky."

I've waited 0 minutes to 15 minutes at bag checks. It's usually worse between 1 hour before RD and within 2 hours of opening.

Two parts i dislike:

1) The inconsistency of the employees checking the bags. Sometimes they are so thorough it's almost feels like an invasion of privacy, and other times its so superficial that its clear they could easily be missing a dangerous weapon.

2) The guests that are so wrapped up in their own conversations that they are not prepared when its their turn. I'll "forgive" the first time guest who clearly isn't fluent in English for having an excessive amount of zipped up bags within bags who don't really understand the rules/system in advance. But the ones who clearly speak English and aren't first-timers who are completely unobservant to the world around them annoy me.

But, hey, Disney bag check lines are still much easily to cope with than the stupid organization of the TSA lines at MCO!!!!!

They checked our empty folded bags, and yelled at me about the empty Splash Mountain ziploc that was sticking out of my fleece pocket.

I also set off the metal detector with Trident gum (foil wrapper) and a Go Go Squeeze pouch (also foil, apparently, but I had no idea)

Rough week with security. I would be prepared for them to check everything because they can be super inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter