• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bad memory card or bad camera??

goofy4tink

No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator
I have a year old Kodak EasySHare camera. No frills, not even any optical zoom (can you imagine!!). My dh bought it for me for CHristmas last year so I could mess around and see if I wanted to make the jump to digital. Well, based on my experiences so far....that's up in the air!!! I have had nothing but trouble with my memory card. I keep getting 'memory card needs formatting' messeges all the time. Now, I formatted the darn thing to begin with. Then, after it started acting up, I emptied it and went from there. Then, upon advice from you guys here, I completely dumped everything, not just deleted stuff. Still I get the darn message! I have gone from using my Kodak printer/charger to charge the camera. I have started using rechargable batteries and like that better. But, I am completely boggled by this memory card issue. Do I just go out and buy another memory card and start over? I am going to be buying a new, more up-to-date camera in the next few months. Any thoughts?

Do you know someone that uses the same memory card that you could swap for a while and test? I'd hate to see you buy another memory card only to find out it's the camera that's the cause. But it sounds like you only have one memory card and I always recommend getting at least one extra. At this point, it could be either the camera or the card. What brand is the memory card?

It's a Lexar 128mb. Dh did get me a second card for Christmas...that one is a Kodak 128mb, but I haven't formatted it yet.

Well then you don't need to borrow one!! Give that one a try and see what happens. Believe it or not, not all memory cards (of the same type) are created equal. They're supposed to be (or should be to a certain point) 100 percent compatiable with every camera. But the truth is, they're not.

Lexar is a good brand of memory card. If you continue to have problems with that card I would contaxct Lexar and see what they have to say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter