Bacon Chicken Recipe

becka

<font color=green>Proud Mommy of sweet Nathan and
I got a request from MerryPoppins to post this recipe on the board after mentioning it on the "What's for dinner?" thread on the CB.

I love this recipe because not only is it tasty but it is quick and easy which for a cook like me is very important. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family. :)

Bacon Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4-8 slices of bacon
1-2 cans cream of chicken soup
8-16 oz. sour cream

Preheat oven to 350-375 degrees. Take each chicken breast, roll it up and wrap 1-2 slices of bacon around each piece. Place chicken in a baking dish. Mix 1 can of cream of chicken soup for each 8 oz. of sour cream. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and bake for 80-90 minutes.

I always serve this with white rice and salad. Simple and good. :)

I always double the sauce (using 2 cans of soup and 16 oz. of sour cream - sometimes I use even a little bit more sour cream since I like the flavor) so I have more sauce to spoon over the rice.

Lower Fat Version: You can use turkey bacon and low fat soups and sour cream to cut down on the calories/fat and it is still pretty good but I personally prefer the full fat version.

This sounds realy good, can't wait to try it. Just bought a bunch of chicken on sale so this will be on the menu soon.

My recipe for this is a little different.

I line the baking dish with dried beef before putting the chicken in. I also use cream of mushroom soup instead of the chicken soup. We call it Delicious Chicken and we like it with mashed potatoes. I also double the sauce so we can use it as gravy on the potatoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter