"backup" ressies??? OPINIONS NEEDED

loriandmatt

DIS Veteran
Well, worse things could have happened....but this is bad enough for me thank you. My 6 YO son broke his leg and is in a partial body cast. He is to be in this thing for the rest of the summer. I am praying that he recovers well, but QUICKLY!!! Not only am i concerned with the start of school, but also with the ressies i made for FW for the 20th thru 27th of Sept!!!

I am half temped to try and make ressies for mid October or maybe even over Halloween. Just as a "backup" incase he is not out of the cast and/or not rehabilitated enough to withstand all the walking that is involved in a WDW vacation.

What do you guys think? Back up ressies wouldn't hurt would they? I wouldn't get stuck with them would I? How close to the 1st ressie date would i have to cancel in order to get my money back? (therefore applying that money to the "backup" ressies)

I wonder how much of a bugger it is going to be to try and get ressies for October seeing as how it's walt's B-Day? Gee, i was hoping to realy go in late Sept to avoid the crowds for that celebration.

Poor critter, he has been taking this like a champ. Not going to Disney would be a very large downer in a string of large downers for him this summer. (he broke his leg the night BEFORE we were to leave to go camping at Chinkateage (SP???) VA to watch the wild ponys swim) Oh well, at least his wounds will heal.

Any advise about the backup plans would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - lori

I think I would go for the back up ressies just in case!!! I sure feel sorry for him!! I think you have to cancel a week before but you should call to be on the safe side.I think it depend on whether or not you used Disney Travel or the CRO.
You could use a wheelchair if you need to but I know that would not be as fun.Good Luck

I would call where you made reservations and ask about their cancellation policies. I would personally go ahead and make back-up reservations. Kids usually heal quickly, but just to be safe....

Hopefully he is feeling okay and gets better soon!!

Barbara

Hi,

Other than swimming and unless he's in an aweful lot of pain he shouldn't have a problem getting around wdw. I know your staying at Fort Wilderness and maybe you were planning on renting bikes during your stay, but how about a golf cart instead? The theme parks themselves all have wheelchair rentals, so he could get around that way and if your staying in a cabin Disney can provide things in the cabin's bathroom to help out as well. They have chairs for the tub and hand held shower sprays that can be made available and also some cabins are wheel chair accesiable if you want to rent a wheelchair for your entire stay. All restrooms and facilities are wheelchair accesiable, so that shouldn't be a inconvience either. Other than that if you want res.'s for October you should book now as October is very busy and rooms and campsites go very fast!

Hope this helps...Mmketeer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter