Backpack or Purse?

I had always carried a crossbody but at the end of the day my back and shoulders would be killing me. I also always carry my hydroflask water bottle, so its a little heavy. I swapped to the vera Bradley lighten up back pack (large). They do make a size smaller and a size larger. I am able to carry mine and my moms water bottles in the side pockets along with our ponchos, phone charger, sunscreen, etc... and my back does not hurt at all at the end of a long park day. I now will only carry a back pack to the parks! I usually also carry a wristlet or small purse to take if we are only going for the evening and I don't need all of our gear.

I did WDW with a Vera Bradley Double Zip Backpack http://www.verabradley.com/product/...anterberry-magenta/1001731_203091.uts?N=80012 with DH and DD4 in 2014 June. Backpack was great for basic needs/sunscreen, first aid kit, ponchos, etc; small souvenirs; bottled water. I bought a stroller on our first day from MK rather than renting one. Biggest problem was the backpack itself - hubby wouldn't carry it (Vera Bradley) AND it caused really bad sweaty back problems (June).

June 2015 USF/IOA I went with http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/86674?page=stowaway-day-pack&feat=hprrtop for the entire 3 days and it was perfect! DH would carry it (gray) and minimal sweaty back. This coming year I am (DD6 now) bringing both the Stowaway and Day Trekker 25 http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/80564?feat=pprv (gray) for the days when we're going to hop from park to either TL or BB. I don't know why the ice axe loops were a selling feature for me for a park bag, but they were! Maybe a lightsaber or something will fit.

Last edited:
OP here - thanks for all the great responses. Seems like there are lots of people who like backpacks and lots who like crossbodies. Since this is our first non-stroller trip, I don't think I can go straight to waist pack. No vanity here - I just think I'll just need more room.

I've got a couple of LLBean youth size backpacks at home, so I think I'll bring one of those and also purchase a crossbody bag. I was at Macy's today and they had some nice Kipling crossbodies that were very lightweight, comfortable, and depending upon the color, priced well. I liked them a lot more than I thought I would - I always carry handbags; haven't used a shoulder strap in many, many years. The concept of a crossbody appeals to me more than a backpack, but if it's uncomfortable after the first day, then I can switch to a backpack.

I usually bring a Vera Bradley tote. It's very light and it can hold an amazing amount of stuff. I don't like crossbody bags.

We are backpack people. I have a video that shows what backpack I use and what I put in it if you're interested!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter